Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2586Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd January 2019, 10:55 AM
Cult Acolyte

i keep eyeing the UFO release. it's about £23.00 in this sale. does anyone know if it gets any lower than this in the other sales? I don't think it was in the Bonkers sale.

also what's that Michael Caine version of Jack the Ripper like? I can't remember catching that on TV.
Old 3rd January 2019, 10:57 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The recently released blu's of Assault and Death Line aren't badly priced at £7.32.
I was going to buy Death Line for £9.50 a couple of days ago but I got distracted, even at £9.50 it was a good price, it's still £15 elsewhere!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 3rd January 2019, 11:06 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I was going to buy Death Line for £9.50 a couple of days ago but I got distracted, even at £9.50 it was a good price, it's still £15 elsewhere!
i was going to get to get the BU because of the extras but with the pound continuing to sink and the crackdown on duty imports are getting increasingly more expensive.
Old 3rd January 2019, 11:08 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

The Feathered Serpent is £3.51. I bought that in that extremely cheap Bonkers sale. Absolutely loved it. Two series and really gripping.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg feathered-serpent-the-the-complete-series.jpg (88.8 KB, 7 views)
Old 3rd January 2019, 11:27 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I watched Casting the Runes last night. I really liked it. Obviously it's very similar to Night of the Demon (without the demon naturally but featuring a ghostly spectre) but is still really well done. There were some brilliant snowy landscapes which made the whole thing very bleak indeed. Jan Francis was excellent as the woman who finds time is ticking away and Ian Cuthbertson as Karswell was as good if not better than Niall MacGinnis from the 57 classic film. It was made by Clive Exton and Lawrence Gordon Clarke who are the dogs bollocks when it comes to MR James adaptations.

Even better was a fifty minute semi-dramatised documentary about MR James hosted by Bill Wallis. It's brilliantly done and influenced by Ghost Stories for Christmas...BUT, it also was clearly an influence on the 2000 series Ghost Stories for Christmas with Christopher Lee. Lee incidentally is in this doc too.

An excellent release and highly recommended to James fans.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg casting-the-runes-mr-james.jpg (78.0 KB, 7 views)
Old 3rd January 2019, 11:30 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
i keep eyeing the UFO release. it's about £23.00 in this sale. does anyone know if it gets any lower than this in the other sales? I don't think it was in the Bonkers sale.

also what's that Michael Caine version of Jack the Ripper like? I can't remember catching that on TV.
You're charging yourself too much, Rob. UFO is a mere £21.13.

That Bonkers sale was just mad price wise, Bonkers was definitely the right word for it.
Rob4 likes this.
Old 3rd January 2019, 11:43 AM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
i was going to get to get the BU because of the extras but with the pound continuing to sink and the crackdown on duty imports are getting increasingly more expensive.
Tell me about it! That Zombie 3 disc re-issue cost me £30 the other day

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 3rd January 2019, 01:30 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Nice deal on Assault at £6.10. and i'll be picking that Quatermass one up as well. shame i already have the Hammer films, they are a bargain at that price.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 3rd January 2019, 01:45 PM
Cult Addict

Just ordered Robbery.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 3rd January 2019, 03:49 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
You're charging yourself too much, Rob. UFO is a mere £21.13.

That Bonkers sale was just mad price wise, Bonkers was definitely the right word for it.
so i am! thanks Dem. i've took the plunge this time. loved UFO as a kid so essential purchase. i've been putting it off to long. also got Jack the Ripper as a blind buy - the blu is 12p cheaper than the DVD... go figure and also picked up Revenge. i'll leave Assault for a future sale.

Like this? Share it using the links below!