Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree1976Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1481  
Old 25th June 2020, 07:07 PM
Demdike@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Emperor
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lancashire
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
Got The Frighteners and Miss Leslie's Dolls BR for a grand total of 11.20

Miss Leslie's Dolls BR is cheaper than the DVD
I too ordered The Frighteners earlier today. Look forward to seeing that.

The Orson Welles Mysteries is well worth getting but if i recall you've already got that, Rob.
Rob4 likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #1482  
Old 25th June 2020, 09:10 PM
Rob4's Avatar
Cultist on the Rampage
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I too ordered The Frighteners earlier today. Look forward to seeing that.

The Orson Welles Mysteries is well worth getting but if i recall you've already got that, Rob.
Dem, I don't have it. I do recall seeing some of the episodes but, if I recall their broadcast were regionally irregular so hard to catch. Tbh I'd forgotten this had been released and skipped right by it. Thanks for the 'heads up'. It'll be heading to the basket
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #1483  
Old 25th June 2020, 11:21 PM
Demdike@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Emperor
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lancashire
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
Dem, I don't have it. I do recall seeing some of the episodes but, if I recall their broadcast were regionally irregular so hard to catch. Tbh I'd forgotten this had been released and skipped right by it. Thanks for the 'heads up'. It'll be heading to the basket
I watched a few last Christmas and thought i'd save some for this coming Christmas too. It will be nice to see something new in tv horror again as well as the regular Ghost Stories for Christmas that i always watch.
Rob4 likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #1484  
Old 29th June 2020, 09:03 PM
J Harker's Avatar
Cult Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Deepest Darkest South Wales
Default

Has to be the worst sale I've seen at Network. Went through the lot this morning. Can find two things I'm interested in. I appreciate Networks dvds are generally of a very good standard but why are there barely any blu rays in their sale this time. In fact it seems predominantly naff old sitcoms.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #1485  
Old 29th June 2020, 09:36 PM
Demdike@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Emperor
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lancashire
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Has to be the worst sale I've seen at Network. Went through the lot this morning. Can find two things I'm interested in. I appreciate Networks dvds are generally of a very good standard but why are there barely any blu rays in their sale this time. In fact it seems predominantly naff old sitcoms.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
There's nothing from the last 12 months or so in the sale i don't think. The majority of blu's have been released in that time frame.

There are several films they've released in the last year that i'd like, all blind buys though so not really wanting to pay full price.
Reply With Quote
  #1486  
Old 6th July 2020, 08:29 PM
MrBarlow's Avatar
Cult Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Dundee
Blog Entries: 1
Default

mail.jpg



FURTHER OUT OF TOWN
This brand-new series showcases digitally restored film sequences from Jack Hargreaves' hugely popular television series, introduced by step-son, Simon Baddeley. Unseen for decades - this material has been painstakingly restored and revisited to produce six new episodes of Further Out of Town.

mail2.jpg
Dave Boy likes this.
__________________
" I have seen tree's that look like tortured souls"
Reply With Quote
  #1487  
Old 7th July 2020, 12:43 PM
hivemind's Avatar
Seasoned Cultist
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cornwall. The land of Cornish pasties, pixes and Straw Dogs
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
Got The Frighteners and Miss Leslie's Dolls BR for a grand total of 11.20

Miss Leslie's Dolls BR is cheaper than the DVD
Went for The Invisble Man, Space Precinct, Orson Wells Mystery's and Armchair Thriller 1. The Frightners is a terrific early anthology series made by LWT. Not as great as ATV's Thriller, but enjoyable nevertheless.

I'm beginning to wonder what other stuff will get released from the ITV vaults over the coming years. Didn't Nework sign a 10 yr deal with ITV Global?
bleakshaun and Rob4 like this.
Reply With Quote
  #1488  
Old 7th July 2020, 12:49 PM
Demdike@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Emperor
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lancashire
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivemind View Post
Went for The Invisble Man, Space Precinct, Orson Wells Mystery's and Armchair Thriller 1. The Frightners is a terrific early anthology series made by LWT. Not as great as ATV's Thriller, but enjoyable nevertheless.

I'm beginning to wonder what other stuff will get released from the ITV vaults over the coming years. Didn't Nework sign a 10 yr deal with ITV Global?
The Invisible Man is excellent. I've just finished the Universal Invisible Man collection and first film aside the series pisses over the rest of em'.

It's also superb quality image wise.
nosferatu42, Rob4 and MrBarlow like this.
Reply With Quote
  #1489  
Old 7th July 2020, 02:11 PM
Rob4's Avatar
Cultist on the Rampage
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivemind View Post
Went for The Invisble Man, Space Precinct, Orson Wells Mystery's and Armchair Thriller 1. The Frightners is a terrific early anthology series made by LWT. Not as great as ATV's Thriller, but enjoyable nevertheless.

I'm beginning to wonder what other stuff will get released from the ITV vaults over the coming years. Didn't Nework sign a 10 yr deal with ITV Global?
Good haul. My Orson Welles arrived yesterday. Hope they release Vol 2. I'll be keeping the anthologies for winter's nights.
Reply With Quote
  #1490  
Old 7th July 2020, 02:22 PM
Demdike@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Emperor
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lancashire
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
I'll be keeping the anthologies for winter's nights.
You sound like me, Rob.
Rob4 likes this.
Reply With Quote
Reply  

Like this? Share it using the links below!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



Our goal is to keep Cult Labs friendly. If you feel discouraged from posting by certain members' behaviour then you can e-mail us in complete confidence.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
All forum posts are contributed by members of the site; Cult Labs cannot take responsibility for all content posted on the site. If you have an issue with content posted on the site please click the 'report post' button.
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.