Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree2286Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1711  
Old 22nd April 2021, 11:55 AM
Mojo's Avatar
Cult Acolyte
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Just looking at Network's blu-ray releases to see if any are worth upgrading in the next decent sale they have.

Assault
Death Line
Deadlier than the Male
The Ghoul
Hands of the Ripper*
The league of Gentlemen*
The Night Has Eyes
Robbery
The Shout
Tower of Terror
Twins of Evil*


* Definite's
THE SHOUT is definitely worth a purchase.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #1712  
Old 22nd April 2021, 12:42 PM
Demdike@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lancashire
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
THE SHOUT is definitely worth a purchase.
A really good and different style horror film.

They will all be prime candidates for dvd upgrades, depending on price of course. However the Hammer films are definite purchases.
Reply With Quote
  #1713  
Old 22nd April 2021, 12:58 PM
Justin101's Avatar
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Liverpool
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
A really good and different style horror film.

They will all be prime candidates for dvd upgrades, depending on price of course. However the Hammer films are definite purchases.
Not thinking about getting Countess Dracula then?
__________________


In the middle of Transylvania!

Reply With Quote
  #1714  
Old 22nd April 2021, 12:59 PM
Demdike@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lancashire
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Not thinking about getting Countess Dracula then?
No. It's crap!
Graeme73 likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #1715  
Old 22nd April 2021, 01:02 PM
Justin101's Avatar
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Liverpool
Default

I like it, but I think it's for the nostalgia, i'm pretty sure it was the first Hammer film I ever watched.
__________________


In the middle of Transylvania!

Reply With Quote
  #1716  
Old 22nd April 2021, 04:15 PM
Rob4's Avatar
Cultist on the Rampage
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Just looking at Network's blu-ray releases to see if any are worth upgrading in the next decent sale they have.

Assault
Death Line
Deadlier than the Male
The Ghoul
Hands of the Ripper*
The league of Gentlemen*
The Night Has Eyes
Robbery
The Shout
Tower of Terror
Twins of Evil*


* Definite's
Assault - better picture quality than the DVD. Nice and sleazy Brit-flick.
Death Line - the BU has extras but I think its the same transfer.
The Ghoul - brilliant picture quality for a 1930s film. Recommended.
Hands of the Ripper - the Network is inferior to the Synapse release because it has a stretched aspect ratio https://www.dvdcompare.net/compariso...m.php?fid=4971
Twins of Evil - has slightly better picture quality than the Synapse but the Synapse has hands down the better extras
The Shout - picture quality is excellent on the BR and the film is an off-beat gem with Susannah York's boobies too!!!
Tower of Evil - unrestored picture that's a bit ropey but also probably the best its going to be being a low budget UK production in wartime.

Sorry, don't know about the others.
Reply With Quote
  #1717  
Old 22nd April 2021, 05:01 PM
Dave Boy's Avatar
Cult Acolyte
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: U.K
Default

Yeah. ASSAULT. Suzy Kendall in HD.
Reply With Quote
  #1718  
Old 22nd April 2021, 05:17 PM
Demdike@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lancashire
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
Assault - better picture quality than the DVD. Nice and sleazy Brit-flick.
Death Line - the BU has extras but I think its the same transfer.
The Ghoul - brilliant picture quality for a 1930s film. Recommended.
Hands of the Ripper - the Network is inferior to the Synapse release because it has a stretched aspect ratio https://www.dvdcompare.net/compariso...m.php?fid=4971
Twins of Evil - has slightly better picture quality than the Synapse but the Synapse has hands down the better extras
The Shout - picture quality is excellent on the BR and the film is an off-beat gem with Susannah York's boobies too!!!
Tower of Evil - unrestored picture that's a bit ropey but also probably the best its going to be being a low budget UK production in wartime.

Sorry, don't know about the others.
Thanks, Rob. I'll leave Tower of Terror, stick with the dvd. I'd quite like to see that 84 minute doc on the Synapse blu of Twins but fear it's either not for sale anywhere (Amazon nor any of the US sellers have it) or it's fantastically expensive.

I'll stick with the dvd of Ripper too.
Reply With Quote
  #1719  
Old 22nd April 2021, 06:35 PM
Rob4's Avatar
Cultist on the Rampage
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Thanks, Rob. I'll leave Tower of Terror, stick with the dvd. I'd quite like to see that 84 minute doc on the Synapse blu of Twins but fear it's either not for sale anywhere (Amazon nor any of the US sellers have it) or it's fantastically expensive.

I'll stick with the dvd of Ripper too.
The last Synapse Twins of Evil to come up for sale within the UK went for 12.50 so worth keeping an eye out there.

In my dreams once Network's stint with the ITV owned Hammers is over, Indicator get hold of them and do 'em properly.
Reply With Quote
  #1720  
Old 22nd April 2021, 08:01 PM
The Reaper Man@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Glasgow
Default

ASSAULT AND REVENGE! Are sleazy brit must-haves mate!
__________________

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Reply With Quote
Reply  

Like this? Share it using the links below!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



Our goal is to keep Cult Labs friendly. If you feel discouraged from posting by certain members' behaviour then you can e-mail us in complete confidence.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
All forum posts are contributed by members of the site; Cult Labs cannot take responsibility for all content posted on the site. If you have an issue with content posted on the site please click the 'report post' button.
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.