Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2586Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd February 2017, 03:43 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

This has been mentioned elsewhere (by JHarker i think) but it hasn't been posted here.

Quote:
No cops and robbers, no clanking chains, no well-worn horror themes; this rare and highly acclaimed thriller anthology features instead a range of stories in which ordinary people are threatened by situations that slide startlingly, menacingly out of control...

Featuring the considerable talents of John Thaw, Ian Holm, Warren Clarke, Tom Bell, Ray Smith and Robert Urquhart, The Frighteners features thirteen haunting tales of malice and manipulation, vengeance and mounting terror. It features stories from acclaimed novelist and playwright William Trevor, Bouquet of Barbed Wire author Andrea Newman, Get Carter writer/director Mike Hodges, and Secret Army co-creator Wilfred Greatorex.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 71vF32-ZJmL._SL1336_.jpg (93.4 KB, 4 views)
Old 22nd February 2017, 05:12 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
This has been mentioned elsewhere (by JHarker i think) but it hasn't been posted here.
Nope not me. Did see it the other day but can't remember who posted it.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 22nd February 2017, 05:55 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Nope not me. Did see it the other day but can't remember who posted it.
Old 6th April 2017, 07:26 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Still no sign of a sale. If one isn't announced tomorrow then it's very doubtful there will be an Easter sale.
Old 6th April 2017, 08:00 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Still no sign of a sale. If one isn't announced tomorrow then it's very doubtful there will be an Easter sale.
Sales seem to be dying off. Arrows have gone dire and Network didn't bother having a Xmas one which says something. In the early days 88 and 101 used to have decent ones but no more.
hivemind and Graeme73 like this.
Old 7th April 2017, 11:50 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Cornwall. The land of Cornish pasties, pixes and Straw Dogs

People who kept contacting/badgering Network with "When are you going to have a sale". I think Network must of got rather tired of it all. No doubt they will have a sale, but who knows when????. Obviously it's a business, so Network would rather prefer people spend the cash on the full price for the DVD's and Blu-Ray's, rather then having a sale with a good old price slash.

With DVD on the way out with falling sales as a format, and Blu-Ray with still a number years left as a dominant format. Network signed that 10 yr agreement with ITV Global and a recent deal with the BBC, so obviously Network will be looking to alternative media formats like an on demand service where people can watch or buy the product for a fee or purchase a TV series to download. All of this technology is already in place, but I suspect Network will probably head down this road in future years.
Old 7th April 2017, 02:12 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

The reason i like the sales is because i blind buy a lot of films and tv series that i wouldn't at full price.

Without the sale they don't get my money, simple as that. Not talking a tenner or so. I blind buy up to £200 each sale.

Network don't release enough vital films to warrant full price purchases. When they do, such as with Baby Love then i'll buy them full price.
Old 7th April 2017, 03:15 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
The reason i like the sales is because i blind buy a lot of films and tv series that i wouldn't at full price.
Me too.

I can't remember the last time I bought a Network title outside of a sale period. Probably Baby Love.
Old 29th May 2017, 06:23 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I notice Network have a new website.

There's also some new Nigel Kneale adaptations on the way

Old 30th May 2017, 07:01 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default The Professionals (1977–1983)

Warning Nostalgia Alert.

The Professionals Series Three.
While there is no doubt about its cult appeal, especially to all of us who use to watch this crossed legged in front of the television on a Saturday Teatime ( while your mother shouted stop sitting so close to the television or your eyes will go square) a slot well favored on Saturday with schedules along with The A-Team and Wonder Woman only to be replaced by tripe like Blind Date. It's easy to look back with rose-tinted glasses and say that television was better then, fewer channels but a seemingly endless supply of American superheroes and cop shows filled the schedules. What made The Professionals stand out against a lot of homegrown cop shows at the time was that most seemed fairly pedestrian compared to the antics of Capri driving Bodie and Doyle.Handbrake skids, unexpected U-turns all done in the leafy suburbs of 80's Great Britain, and of course dis-used Industrial estates and piles of boxes all took a undecidedly good bashing in the chase for meddling foreign agents, homegrown insurgents, and the criminal underworld. And while Martin Shaw and Lewis Collins were undoubtedly the Look-in magazine pin-ups of their time, surprisingly it was Gordon Jackson as Cowley who pretty much stole the show under his young counterparts, playing a character a million miles away from his stuffy butler Hudson in Upstairs, Downstairs a couple of years earlier, He leads his team with an iron fist and a wry smile, constantly belittling his two underlings yet always backing them up when the chips are down. As for the Network Blu-Ray release, well for reasons only known to myself I started with series three, mainly because I have the first two series on DVD, so I thought I would start at three.The picture quality is pretty amazing, in fact, I bet it looks better on Blu than it did the day it was transmitted on the Television back then, it keeps the original TV ratio which is fine by me and the picture is razor sharp and cleaner than a babies bottom.Recommended to serious fans UK television and kids who grew up with square eyes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 71ok0rBTTLL._SL1306_.jpg (91.4 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Inspector Abberline; 30th May 2017 at 09:52 PM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!