Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2586Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd November 2017, 02:35 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Sainsbury's currently have a lot of Network series in stock.

Some at great prices such as the newly released 50th anniversary The Prisoner for £15.
Old 24th November 2017, 03:54 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

There's a Network sale on The British Film Collection.

40% off until Monday - website seems to be working as well.

http://networkonair.com/103-the-british-film
Old 25th November 2017, 12:01 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

What did you pick up from the sale last time Dem? I saw something in a photo you posted and thought I must remember to pick that up as I hadn't noticed it previously. It must have been the recently bought thread, because it's not in this one. Sadly it's rather a large topic, and your post history is also rather sizeable, and I can't find it.

Edit: Nevermind, I found it. It was The Night Won't Talk.

Just randomly putting some titles here to remind myself of when I place my order...

Wrong Number, Mystery Junction, The Strange Awakening, The Weak And The Wicked, Street Of Shame (I must look at this in every sale because I swear I own it, but on checking I don't).
Demoncrat likes this.

Last edited by BAKA; 25th November 2017 at 12:47 PM.
Old 25th November 2017, 03:01 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKA View Post
What did you pick up from the sale last time Dem? I saw something in a photo you posted and thought I must remember to pick that up as I hadn't noticed it previously. It must have been the recently bought thread, because it's not in this one. Sadly it's rather a large topic, and your post history is also rather sizeable, and I can't find it.

Edit: Nevermind, I found it. It was The Night Won't Talk.

Just randomly putting some titles here to remind myself of when I place my order...

Wrong Number, Mystery Junction, The Strange Awakening, The Weak And The Wicked, Street Of Shame (I must look at this in every sale because I swear I own it, but on checking I don't).
Yes it was The Night Won't Talk.

Do you mean Street of Shadows, Baka?

If so i'm exactly the same. I look at it, am sure i own it already and don't bother. The one i confuse it with is Scotland Yard Inspector also starring Romero.

I have these in my basket at the moment. Not sure if i'll get them all or just a few. It's odd The Frighteners being in the sale as it's the only tv dvd. I'll add Street of Shadows to the list.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg brain-machine-the.jpg (100.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg counterspy.jpg (95.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg frighteners-the-the-complete-series.jpg (93.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg moulin-rouge.jpg (96.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg murder-in-soho.jpg (93.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg rattle-of-a-simple-man.jpg (89.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg teckman-mystery-the.jpg (93.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg walk-a-tightrope.jpg (98.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg warren-case-the.jpg (95.1 KB, 2 views)
Old 25th November 2017, 03:18 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Yeah I meant Street Of Shadows. For some reason I typed Shame instead of Shadows, perhaps because of the Mizoguchi film. I did spy The Frighteners too, looked interesting, and I've never seen any of the episodes before.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 25th November 2017, 03:25 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Yeah I meant Street Of Shadows. For some reason I typed Shame instead of Shadows, perhaps because of the Mizoguchi film. I did spy The Frighteners too, looked interesting, and I've never seen any of the episodes before.
Me neither.

Of the ones you mentioned i have Mystery Junction and thought it quite enjoyable.

I re-watched Noose for a Lady on Thursday night, i really like that. It's a nicely plotted murder / mystery with a fine central performance from Dennis Price. Dracula actress Melissa Stribling co-stars.
Nosferatu@Cult Labs and BAKA like this.
Old 27th November 2017, 01:53 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Just ordered four films this time.

Saved a few for the next sale(s)
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 27th November 2017, 02:17 PM
Cult Veteran

I was about to type that I didn't order anything this time around but I just remembered I ordered The Monster Club for £5.50 on BD
Demoncrat and nosferatu42 like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 27th November 2017, 02:18 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I think I'm going to pass this time. There's loads of stuff I want, but I just can't justify it at the moment, it's an expensive time of the year. Less than an hour to change my mind, but I don't think I will. I have added a few more titles to what I intend to eventually get. 'Do You Know This Voice?' being one of them, along with the many mentioned above. Hopefully they'll have a sale in the new year when I'm slightly more flush, but presents and Black Friday have done my little plastic card in sadly.

I still have two sales worth sitting unwatched too. My watch pile has literally taken over a whole shelving unit. Need to blitz through them and curve the spending.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 27th November 2017, 03:58 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I think I'm going to pass this time. There's loads of stuff I want, but I just can't justify it at the moment, it's an expensive time of the year. Less than an hour to change my mind, but I don't think I will. I have added a few more titles to what I intend to eventually get. 'Do You Know This Voice?' being one of them, along with the many mentioned above. Hopefully they'll have a sale in the new year when I'm slightly more flush, but presents and Black Friday have done my little plastic card in sadly.

I still have two sales worth sitting unwatched too. My watch pile has literally taken over a whole shelving unit. Need to blitz through them and curve the spending.
I opted for Street of Shadows.

Did you know in Germany and Austria it was titled The Vampire of Soho?

I can't believe you didn't order a film about Soho vampires.
BAKA and Demoncrat like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!