Like Tree2586Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th October 2021, 09:50 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
DEoL is heading my way as a birthday prezzie from my daughter...

In the meantime, I picked up Thriller in the sale - 2150 minutes worth - happy days!
What surprises me is that you didn't already own it, Rob.

Well you do now and it's terrific.
Old 16th October 2021, 10:06 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
What surprises me is that you didn't already own it, Rob.

Well you do now and it's terrific.
I'm chipping away at them Dem

The reason I don't have all of Network's genre output is that with these 70s and 80s series I like to watch them through the winter months so I haven't even got through all the ones I already own. Also consuming them this way spaces out the buys with less strain on wallet.
Old 16th October 2021, 10:21 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I'm chipping away at them Dem

The reason I don't have all of Network's genre output is that with these 70s and 80s series I like to watch them through the winter months so I haven't even got through all the ones I already own. Also consuming them this way spaces out the buys with less strain on wallet.
I hear you. I have a few series i'm saving for the dark nights. Not necessarily all Network.

The Omega Factor
The Secret of Crickley Hall
The Haunting of Hill House
Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell

In fact none are Network. Perhaps i should have saved Scorpion Tales. Maybe that purchase of The Ghosts of Motley Hall is in order as a bit of fun.

Talking of the current sale. I highly recommend The Dark Angel with Peter O'Toole. A wonderful slice of creepy Gothic. At a mere £4 you won't go wrong.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dark-angel-the-the-complete-series.jpg (76.4 KB, 6 views)
Old 16th October 2021, 10:33 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Talking of the current sale. I highly recommend The Dark Angel with Peter O'Toole. A wonderful slice of creepy Gothic. At a mere £4 you won't go wrong.
I second the recommendation. I've only seen it once, thought it was very good, and should really rewatch it in the next few months.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 18th November 2021, 11:28 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I see Network are releasing the four Space 1999 films on Blu-ray next year in a nice box set.

https://new.networkonair.com/supersp...eid=b092d1a5fa

To be honest i didn't know they'd released film versions of cobbled together episodes.
Old 23rd November 2021, 07:06 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Network will be releasing newly restored Hammer films previously released by Icon.

If it's out in 2022 and is a similar package to Dark Eyes of London then The Abominable Snowman is already my new release of 2022.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...make-new-ones/

The article does say the entire back catalogue but i can't see that as StudioCanal control vast swathes of it.
Old 23rd November 2021, 09:28 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Network will be releasing newly restored Hammer films previously released by Icon.

If it's out in 2022 and is a similar package to Dark Eyes of London then The Abominable Snowman is already my new release of 2022.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...make-new-ones/

The article does say the entire back catalogue but i can't see that as StudioCanal control vast swathes of it.
They were suposed to have been picked up by studiocanal but that deal must have fallen through. It's slightly disappointing as a studiocanal deal might have led to Indicator releases but I'm sure Network will put out good releases too
Old 23rd November 2021, 10:53 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
They were suposed to have been picked up by studiocanal but that deal must have fallen through. It's slightly disappointing as a studiocanal deal might have led to Indicator releases but I'm sure Network will put out good releases too
The extras on Indicator Hammer releases aren't really that great. Certainly better than the StudioCanal releases but not a patch on the Icon releases of Dracula, Curse of Frankenstein and The Mummy.

If Network do them like Dark Eyes with good extras, gorgeous art cards and a classy slipcase then for me they'll be better than Indicator, especially at the price Dark Eyes was,
nosferatu42 and Rob4 like this.
Old 25th November 2021, 09:46 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
The extras on Indicator Hammer releases aren't really that great. Certainly better than the StudioCanal releases but not a patch on the Icon releases of Dracula, Curse of Frankenstein and The Mummy.

If Network do them like Dark Eyes with good extras, gorgeous art cards and a classy slipcase then for me they'll be better than Indicator, especially at the price Dark Eyes was,
I'm getting Dark Eyes for my birthday next week...

To be honest, whoever gets The Abominable Snowman out with a decent print and a good set of extras are going to be heroes in my eyes... love that movie!
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 25th November 2021, 10:16 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I'm getting Dark Eyes for my birthday next week...

To be honest, whoever gets The Abominable Snowman out with a decent print and a good set of extras are going to be heroes in my eyes... love that movie!
You'll love Dark Eyes, Rob.

Totally with you on The Abominable Snowman. Superb film.
Rob4 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!