Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2586Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th September 2022, 11:56 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Yeah, i really like it. Hopefully be a nice upgrade on the dvd.
I don't know what the DVD looked like but the Blu has a very good image quality. Good Newman/Jones commentary too.

A little anecdote from first watching it on TV with my sister who drew my attention to it. I wasn't enthused by the premise and asked who was in it? Bates, Hurt and Susannah Yorke came the reply. I said words to the effect that it sounds boring, the cast wasn't appealing (I was very young!) and Susannah York never gets her kit off - wrong on all 3 counts
Old 11th October 2022, 07:15 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

THIS IS A PRE-ORDER. STOCK WILL NOT BE SHIPPED UNTIL 14 NOVEMBER 2022.

A British comedy institution, the Carry On films were a regular, much-loved presence in cinemas for twenty years. Alongside the films and at the height of their popularity the Carry On team also made four festive specials for Thames Television – their knowing mix of slapstick and innuendo ensuring they became memorable highlights of the Christmas season!

With their own lively takes on A Christmas Carol, Treasure Island, and Christmas through the ages, all your Carry On favourites are here, including Sid James, Barbara Windsor, Frankie Howerd, Bernard Bresslaw, Peter Butterworth, Kenneth Connor, Jack Douglas, Joan Sims, Charles Hawtrey, Hattie Jacques, Wendy Richard, Norman Rossington and Terry Scott!

SPECIAL FEATURES
[] All This – And Christmas Too: Sid James and Kenneth Connor star in a festive special made in the gap year between Carry On Christmas specials
[] Interviews with Peter Rogers, Jack Douglas and Wendy Richard
[] An Evening with Peter Rogers, filmed at Pinewood Studios
[] Commemorative booklet

• This is a PRE-ORDER for Carry On Christmas DVD and is only available while stocks last.
• As this is a PRE-ORDER PAYMENT WILL BE TAKEN IMMEDIATELY but the item(s) will not be despatched until 14 November 2022.
• The PRE-ORDER price for the set is £12.00 (including VAT).
• When you complete your PRE-ORDER you will be able to review your order in your account's order history.
• When purchasing pre-order and non pre-order items together, the latter will be dispatched first.
• We are expecting heavy site activity when ordering goes live – if you cannot place your order please try again later.
Attached Images
File Type: png unnamed.png (13.8 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg carry-on-christmas.jpg (86.9 KB, 49 views)
Old 11th October 2022, 07:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

THIS IS A PRE-ORDER. STOCK WILL NOT BE SHIPPED UNTIL 21 NOVEMBER 2022.

With his uniquely chaotic blend of fluffed magic and lame jokes, Tommy Cooper was a constant and instantly recognisable presence on television for four decades. A firm favourite with the public, his variety shows were always eagerly awaited – Eric Sykes hailed Tommy Cooper as the "funniest man in the world", so it's hardly surprising that it was noted "he only had to walk on stage to cause hysterics"!

Cooper appeared in many series and specials on television over four decades and this special set contains all the existing shows he made for the ITV regions. They feature a veritable galaxy of guest stars, including Richard Briers, Arthur Lowe, Warren Mitchell, June Whitfield, Patricia Hayes, Bernard Cribbins, Patrick Cargill, Michael Bentine, Thora Hird, Diana Dors, Eric Sykes, Liz Fraser and Ronnies Barker and Corbett!

• This is a PRE-ORDER for Tommy Cooper at ITV DVD and is only available while stocks last.
• As this is a PRE-ORDER PAYMENT WILL BE TAKEN IMMEDIATELY but the item(s) will not be despatched until 21 November 2022.
• The PRE-ORDER price for the set is £38.00 (including VAT).
• When you complete your PRE-ORDER you will be able to review your order in your account's order history.
• When purchasing pre-order and non pre-order items together, the latter will be dispatched first.
• We are expecting heavy site activity when ordering goes live – if you cannot place your order please try again later.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg unnamed (11).jpg (79.8 KB, 48 views)
MacBlayne, Demoncrat and iank like this.
Old 11th October 2022, 07:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

THIS IS A PRE-ORDER. STOCK WILL NOT BE SHIPPED UNTIL 28 NOVEMBER 2022.

THE CLASSIC CELEBRITY CHARADES GAME!

Una Stubbs and Lionel Blair captain two teams of celebrities in this light-hearted battle of the sexes! Hosted by Michael Aspel, each contestant has two minutes to get their teammates to guess their mime – otherwise it's thrown open to the other team for a bonus point!

The shows on this set feature a galaxy of celebrities, comedians and actors, including: Kenneth Williams, Diana Dors, Richard O'Sullivan, Barbara Windsor, Robin Askwith, David Jason, Yootha Joyce, Mollie Sugden, Paula Wilcox, Spike Milligan, Russ Abbot, Warren Mitchell, Kenny Everett, June Whitfield, Terry Scott, Dick Emery, Maureen Lipman, Beryl Reid, Rodney Bewes, Faith Brown, Paul Eddington, John Inman, Dudley Moore, Victoria Wood, all three Goodies and two Doctors Who!

• This is a PRE-ORDER for Give Us a Clue DVD and is only available while stocks last.

• As this is a PRE-ORDER PAYMENT WILL BE TAKEN IMMEDIATELY but the item(s) will not be despatched until 28 November 2022.
• The PRE-ORDER price for the set is £38.00 (including VAT).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg unnamed (12).jpg (65.6 KB, 46 views)
MacBlayne, Demoncrat and iank like this.
Old 11th October 2022, 07:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

THIS IS A PRE-ORDER. STOCK WILL NOT BE SHIPPED UNTIL 14 NOVEMBER 2022.

This action-packed series brought sci-fi legend Gerry Anderson's '60s Supermarionation classic zooming into the 21st century, this time using the motion-capture CGI technique Hypermarionation! New Captain Scarlet's high production values, intelligent storylines and sophisticated characterisations thrilled Anderson devotees and introduced a new generation to Spectrum's indestructible agent and his fight against the terrifying menace of the Mysterons!

SPECIAL FEATURES
[] Episode-specific audio commentaries with Gerry Anderson, David Lane and Wayne Forester
[] Captain Scarlet and the Return of the Mysterons
[] Andercon 2014 Panel
[] Image galleries including concept art and CGI renders
[] and more!

• This is a PRE-ORDER for New Captain Scarlet DVD and is only available while stocks last.

• As this is a PRE-ORDER PAYMENT WILL BE TAKEN IMMEDIATELY but the item(s) will not be despatched until 14 November 2022.
• The PRE-ORDER price for the set is £12.00 (including VAT).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg unnamed (13).jpg (65.3 KB, 49 views)
MacBlayne and Dave Boy like this.
Old 11th October 2022, 08:53 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Thought i'd get that Carry On Christmas specials disc. Not seen any of them so it should prove a bit of festive fun.

Look forward to it.
Demoncrat, markchro and MrBarlow like this.
Old 11th October 2022, 09:00 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Thought i'd get that Carry On Christmas specials disc. Not seen any of them so it should prove a bit of festive fun.

Look forward to it.
You won't be disappointed Dem
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 11th October 2022, 09:05 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
You won't be disappointed Dem
I take it you have seen them?

As i say, just a bit of slapstick style XXmas fun.
MrBarlow likes this.
Old 11th October 2022, 09:53 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
I take it you have seen them?

As i say, just a bit of slapstick style XXmas fun.
yeah got them for my Christmas a few years back, classic Carry On laughs
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 11th October 2022, 11:26 PM
Cult Acolyte

Pre-ordered the Carry On specials and Give Us A Clue.

Does this mean there's a chance for Call My Bluff?

Like this? Share it using the links below!