Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The Network DVD and Blu-ray Release Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/12501-network-dvd-blu-ray-release-thread.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th July 2014 12:45 PM

The Network DVD and Blu-ray Release Thread

17 Attachment(s)
A new thread for the British label Network.

They release many obscure British gems, here are just a few of those coming in the next few months.

Discuss all things Network here.

Mojo 25th July 2014 06:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Not forgetting...

Attachment 140776

They've got some good stuff coming up, including those Hammer titles. Really hope they release VAMPIRE CIRCUS.

Vampix 25th July 2014 11:41 PM

I'm really liking the cover art for the Hammer stuff. I must admit to not being a fan of Countess Dracula, so I doubt I'll be adding that to my collection. I do have a fondness for The Monster Club though, so I'll definitely be picking that up as well as Twins of Evil and Hands of the Ripper. :nod:

Paul@TheOverlook 26th July 2014 07:35 AM

BABY LOVE! Wow!

I love Network - such a great company.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 26th July 2014 10:43 AM

Agreed - and they seem to be knocking it out of the park this year (constant) release delays aside) in terms of releasing some great stuff.

I have most of the releases above on pre-order already, and may pick up a couple more on release.

Paul@TheOverlook 26th July 2014 11:59 AM

Yeah, the delays are a nuisance but if the final product is great it really doesn't matter.

I'm really looking forward to the Bad Timing Blu-ray which has been subject to a fair few bumps now.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 26th July 2014 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@TheOverlook (Post 412163)
Yeah, the delays are a nuisance but if the final product is great it really doesn't matter.

I'm really looking forward to the Bad Timing Blu-ray which has been subject to a fair few bumps now.

Me too. :nod: As I've said on other threads recently, the release delays don't bother me either as long as I'm getting a great release at the end of it.

BAKA 26th July 2014 12:32 PM

I'm picking up quite a few Network BD releases in the coming months:

Victim
Unearthly Stranger
Tom at the Farm
The Shout
The Man Who Knew Too Much
The Monster Club
Plenty
Bad Timing
Black Narcissus
Dream Home
The Lady Vanishes
The Last Seduction

I'm also interested in a few upcoming DVDs, but I'll wait until a Network sale before picking them up. :tongue1:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 26th July 2014 12:45 PM

I currently have the following on pre-order from them:

BD:
Animal Farm
Bad Timing
Dream Home
The Man Who Knew Too Much
The Shout
Unearthly Stranger

DVD:
Baby Love
Catacombs
The Nightcomers

I already own the Synapse BDs of the Hammer titles, the Scorpion disc of Monster Club, plus also have the Criterion Blu of The Lady Vanishes (which is a superb Hitchcock film by the way - one of my favourites from him).

Dangerous Voyage, Invasion, and Timeslip have piqued my curiosity - I may pick these up in the sales for cheap at some point in the future.

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th July 2014 12:52 PM

I've already got a Dutch disc of The Nightcomers which is a fine print...but it doesn't sport that lovely artwork. :doh:

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th July 2014 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 412167)
Me too. :nod: As I've said on other threads recently, the release delays don't bother me either as long as I'm getting a great release at the end of it.

I never notice release date changes with Network.

That's probably because they don't have a parade with a Red Arrows fly past every bleedin' quarter to announce things. ;)

Rik 26th July 2014 01:04 PM

Couple of these are only £10.25 on Amazon at the minute, got the two Hammer Vampire BDs in my basket as I type

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th July 2014 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 412183)
Couple of these are only £10.25 on Amazon at the minute, got the two Hammer Vampire BDs in my basket as I type

Network themselves are cheaper than Amazon. I always pre-order direct. The BLU'S are all £9.18 to purchase direct. Quick shippers as well.

Rik 26th July 2014 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 412186)
Network themselves are cheaper than Amazon. I always pre-order direct. The BLU'S are all £9.18 to purchase direct. Quick shippers as well.

Cheers Dem, I'll order from Network instead :thumb:

BAKA 26th July 2014 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 412178)
I've already got a Dutch disc of The Nightcomers which is a fine print...but it doesn't sport that lovely artwork. :doh:

The art is lovely. Very Giallo-esque. I love the Catacombs art too. Really piqued my interest.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 412186)

Can you actually pre-order from Network? I had tried previously, but could never find the option. I'm currently waiting until Monday to order Victim from their site, because I see no way of pre-ordering.

Rik 26th July 2014 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 412196)
Can you actually pre-order from Network? I had tried previously, but could never find the option. I'm currently waiting until Monday to order Victim from their site, because I see no way of pre-ordering.

Apparently not, as I've just discovered

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th July 2014 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 412198)
Apparently not, as I've just discovered

They don't raise prices though.

If you are on their mailing list they inform you the Thursday before discs are released.

Vampix 26th July 2014 03:21 PM

I'd love to see Network release a special edition of Death Line on Blu-ray. :nod:

Crimson Blade 26th July 2014 08:20 PM

The only Network Blu-Ray that i have so far is The Man Who Haunted Himself starring Roger Moore.
The transfer is stunning.

Can't wait to get Twins of Evil, Countess Dracula, The Monster Club, and especially Hands of The Ripper. A film i haven't seen since i was a child.

Rik 26th July 2014 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson Blade (Post 412242)
Hands of The Ripper. A film i haven't seen since i was a child.

Me neither, since it was shown on UK TV in about 1990/1 :nod:

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th July 2014 10:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I originally posted this in the Show Us Yours thread, however here's my collection of thin case Network dvd's.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 14th August 2014 07:32 PM

Coming from Network:

http://networkonair.com/shop/1793-large/fascination.jpg

The age-old tale of the husband who has an affair with another woman after a few years of marriage is given a novel twist when the wronged wife suggests to her husband's mistress that they should share him!

This light-hearted drama is directed by multitalented writer, director and actor Miles Mander, with Madeleine Carroll – Mander’s co-star in 1928’s The First Born and soon to take a career-defining leading role in Hitchcock’s The 39 Steps – heading a distinguished cast. Fascination is presented here in a brand-new High Definition transfer from the original film elements in its as-exhibited theatrical aspect ratio.

http://networkonair.com/shop/1796-la...d-innocent.jpg

Celebrated for the macabre, tour-de-force plots and sublime twist endings that would come to define the very genre of suspense, Alfred Hitchcock is one of cinema’s greatest auteurs, his career spanning six decades and over sixty films.

One of Hitchcock’s most significant pre-war thrillers – a series of films that would help pave the way to even greater success in Hollywood – Young and Innocent stars Derrick de Marney as Robert Tisdall, a man who turns fugitive after he finds the body of a young actress washed up on a beach and is promptly accused of her murder; Nova Pilbeam is the beautiful young woman whose help he enlists, and George Curzon features in one of his best-known British film roles as the jealous ex-husband who harbours a terrible secret…

This iconic early feature from the master of suspense is presented here in a High Definition transfer from original film elements, in its as-exhibited theatrical aspect ratio.

SPECIAL FEATURES:
[] Introduction by Charles Barr
[] Hitchcock: The Early Years – a 25-minute documentary covering Hitchcock’s pre-war career
[] Image Gallery

BAKA 15th August 2014 07:21 PM

I'll be picking up both of those. I don't think I've seen that Hitchcock film actually. I was looking through random trailers on Network's YouTube account and I think I'm going to pick up The Medusa's Touch. It looks really good, but I've never seen it before.

"The Medusa Touch": Trailer - Out on Blu-Ray 15/09/2014 - YouTube

I noticed they sell their DVDs really cheaply too (£6.98). So I might pick up Catacombs and The House Across The Lake on release, rather than wait for a sale. I seem to recall Hammer had something to do with The House Across The Lake. Perhaps if they stuck a Hammer logo on the cover it might sell a few more copies.

Demdike@Cult Labs 3rd October 2014 07:56 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Coming soon from Network.

Hammer stalwart Terence Fisher's Stolen Assignment, Michael Winner's West 11 and more.

Demdike@Cult Labs 3rd October 2014 11:00 PM

West 11 is a definite pick up for me. I never thought it would see the light of day.

Anyone who's read Michael Winner's Winner Takes All may remember a few pages of juicy anecdotes about the casting and making of this film.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 4th October 2014 02:54 AM

Bought all their British film Blu's so far.

JoshuaKaitlyn 4th October 2014 11:06 PM

Thief of Bagdad for me! As well as Baby Love and Raise the Titanic on pre-order for next year!

Linbro 5th October 2014 05:22 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Just ordered the following Network titles.

Demdike@Cult Labs 13th October 2014 10:29 PM

3 Attachment(s)
A couple of newbies from Network, including Cat People director Jacques Tourneur's Circle of Danger.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 14th October 2014 07:05 AM

Have you seen any of those, Dem? I haven't so they would be complete blind purchases if I were to pick them up.

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th October 2014 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 421295)
Have you seen any of those, Dem? I haven't so they would be complete blind purchases if I were to pick them up.

Not one of them. Blind buys for me as well.

I will pick them up but in a sale for £3.50 or whatever they sell them at. Unfortunately due to them being released in Feb next year it may well be summer or even December 2015 before i own them. :lol:

Vampix 14th October 2014 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 414372)
I was looking through random trailers on Network's YouTube account and I think I'm going to pick up The Medusa's Touch. It looks really good, but I've never seen it before.

"The Medusa Touch": Trailer - Out on Blu-Ray 15/09/2014 - YouTube

I remember catching about half of The Medusa Touch when it was shown on TV years ago. I thought it was pretty entertaining at the time and I recall discussing the film with some mates at school the following day. I think I may get it just to see if it still holds up. After all, anything starring the great Richard Burton has got to be worth a watch. :)

Bringer Of Funerals 14th October 2014 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 412019)
A new thread for the British label Network.

They release many obscure British gems, here are just a few of those coming in the next few months.

Discuss all things Network here.

How did they get the Hammer Horror rights?. I think it's a good label for classic TV shows

Vampix 14th October 2014 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals (Post 421342)
How did they get the Hammer Horror rights?. I think it's a good label for classic TV shows

I think they must have got them from Carlton, as they originally released Twins of Evil, Hands of the Ripper and Countess Dracula on DVD. Hopefully, Network will release Vampire Circus too - as that was another Carlton title.

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th October 2014 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vampix (Post 421400)
I think they must have got them from Carlton, as they originally released Twins of Evil, Hands of the Ripper and Countess Dracula on DVD. Hopefully, Network will release Vampire Circus too - as that was another Carlton title.

That's with Strawberry Media. :)

Demoncrat 15th October 2014 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vampix (Post 421333)
I remember catching about half of The Medusa Touch when it was shown on TV years ago. I thought it was pretty entertaining at the time and I recall discussing the film with some mates at school the following day. I think I may get it just to see if it still holds up. After all, anything starring the great Richard Burton has got to be worth a watch. :)

I highly recommend Candy then....:rolleyes:

Candy (1968) Trailer - YouTube

Vampix 15th October 2014 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 421457)
I highly recommend Candy then....:rolleyes:

Candy (1968) Trailer - YouTube

I've never seen Candy - it looks terrible! :lol:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 16th October 2014 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vampix (Post 421333)

It is Vamp,and yeah it still holds up.
Burton,I agree was one of the UK's finest.

I didn't hesitate in buying it.It's on tomorrow's watchlist now!:nod:

Demoncrat 17th October 2014 09:48 AM

Found their Mystery & Imagination set (sans booklet sadly) in the local xtian shop btw. Watched the Dracula first natch. Wow, see review on the TV thread etc....

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 17th October 2014 10:59 AM

Website.....

Networkonair