Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree281Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th May 2020, 09:13 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
They used to be. Not any more though i'm afraid. They did mark up the customs form at about $10, but started putting the real price on them a while back.
Thanks for letting me know. That is a pain!
Old 15th May 2020, 09:06 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

They did.
Last time they had a sale I was humped by HMRC despite messaging them at checkout asking to keep the value down.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 15th May 2020, 09:07 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

BTW When did Nick Redman pass?

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 15th May 2020, 09:17 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Just looked up the RIP thread (I try not to read this thread)

Bloody hell,a year past in January.

A legend in the home entertainment industry.

A belated RIP to you Mr.Redman.
Paul@TheOverlook likes this.

Old 15th May 2020, 09:43 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Bizarrely I only posted about him on Facebook today as a pic he tagged me in came up as a "Memory".

He was a lovely, lovely guy - so humble yet massively knowledgable.
Old 15th May 2020, 09:44 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Just looked up the RIP thread (I try not to read this thread)

Bloody hell,a year past in January.

A legend in the home entertainment industry.

A belated RIP to you Mr.Redman.

Damn, I thought you knew Nick had passed away.

He was a true gent. He made everyone feel like they had known him for years. I 'm just sorry I never got to meet him in person.
Old 15th May 2020, 09:47 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I never got to meet him either, despite being friends on FB for over ten years.

He was over with Julie in early 2014 and I'd have gone to London to meet them but my wife had just had our youngest via caesarian a couple of weeks before and leaving her for a day or two was out of the question - I honestly thought I'd meet him further down the road but he got ill before he could come over again.
Old 16th December 2020, 11:39 AM
Cult Acolyte

Twilight Time back!

From Screen Archives..

'Screen Archives Entertainment is very grateful to Twilight Time co-founders Brian Jamieson and the late Nick Redman for allowing us to continue the Twilight Time brand with two new selections to be announced soon. Mike Finnegan and others who help Brian and Nick produce the Twilight Time blu-rays were a first-rate team. We have been fortunate to secure Mike's services to ensure we match the earlier titles quality. We have changed the final package only slightly, as many of you will recognize the outstanding graphics of designer Jim Titus. We have additional titles in various stages of production now, and hope to accelerate our release schedule in the future. Even though we started with the last release under Brian and Nick, the lead time for the production of each blu-ray is several months, made even slower under COVID. There are many complexities involved in acquiring the materials, licensing, checks, double-checks, and rechecks regarding quality before authoring and compression. And captioning. Finally, we had to find a provider to press the discs and print in the quantity that we are licensed to produce. Many of you have suggested titles, so feel free to send any suggestions, ideas, or comments to info@screenarchives. We won't respond to every message, but it will be useful to hear from you.'

Last edited by Dave Boy; 16th December 2020 at 12:12 PM.
Old 16th December 2020, 04:58 PM
Cult Master

'THE MAN FROM HONG KONG' (AKA THE DRAGON FLIES / 1975) - Blu-Ray pre-order available from Screen Archives - $24.95

Planned release date: January 18

"“A rare success, both in terms of blending Eastern and Western action styles and of providing a snapshot of how no-holds-barred Aussie cinema was at the time. Wang Yu…gives a charismatic performance, and his own fighting is as brutal as it gets. George Lazenby pulls all out the stops, both in doing a lot of his fighting…and stunts, something rare for the Western stars in these types of movies.”
– Craig Lines, DenofGeek.com

Strap in for a spectacular example from the golden age of “Ozploitation” moviemaking: writer/director/genre master Brian Trenchard-Smith’s full-bore action caper The Man from Hong Kong (1975, first seen in the U.S. as The Dragon Flies). It blazingly showcases the savvy grit and sleek fighting moves of two icons – Hong Kong martial-arts superstar Jimmy Wang Yu and one-time James Bond portrayer George Lazenby – playing lawman/gangster antagonists in a battle-royal array of aerial, vehicular, and close-combat stunts exploding across a gleaming Sydney cityscape and executed with a mix of cool precision and edge-stretching luck that will leave you breathless."

Special features:
  • Audio Commentary with Writer/Director Brian Trenchard-Smith, Co-Star Hugh Keays-Byrne and Stunt Director Grant Page
  • Uncut Not Quite Hollywood Interviews with Co-Stars George Lazenby, Rebecca Gilling, and Roger Ward; Writer/Director Brian Trenchard-Smith; Executive Producer David Hannay; and 2nd Unit Cameraman John Seale
  • Original Theatrical Trailer

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 16th December 2020, 05:01 PM
Cult Master

'VENOM' (AKA THE LEGEND OF SPIDER FOREST / 1971) - Blu-Ray pre-order available from Screen Archives - $24.95

Planned release date: January 18

"“A spirited horror/adventure movie. The action remains tautly visual, and the direction is imaginative enough to gloss over the worst narrative cliches.”
– David Pine, Time Out Film Guide

“A harrowing exercise in suspense.”
– Dr. Pseudonymous, SenselessCinema.com

A demented grab-bag of sinister cinematic tropes set in the picturesque Bavarian countryside, Venom (1971, aka The Legend of Spider Forest) spins a wicked web complete with a winsome seductress (Neda Arneric) who lures curious young men to a nasty death, all in the shadow of a Nazi-styled scientist (Terence Soall) aiming to craft an arachnid-derived nerve drug. Meanwhile, an unsavory brood of conspiratorial locals is keen on maintaining the mythos of the lethal “spider goddess,” while an undaunted artist (Simon Brent) perilously investigates. Director Peter Sykes here takes a first evocative leap into screen horror that would bear more frightful fruit with the later Hammer Studios productions Demons of the Mind (1972) and To the Devil…a Daughter (1976)."

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty

Like this? Share it using the links below!