All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree281Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th May 2015, 06:12 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
Zardoz, from pure memory, was a terrible film, something I would never buy on DVD........ so why do I suddenly really want it on Blu Ray?

There's something wrong with me...
Wasn't there some hints a while back, that Arrow would release this? I've been holding back because of that...
Boo Radley likes this.

YouTube | Letterboxd | Facebook
Old 27th May 2015, 07:44 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
Zardoz, from pure memory, was a terrible film, something I would never buy on DVD........ so why do I suddenly really want it on Blu Ray?

There's something wrong with me...
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeZius View Post
Wasn't there some hints a while back, that Arrow would release this? I've been holding back because of that...
Yes, this is a suspected future Arrow title - so I'd suggest saving your coin.
Boo Radley and VeZius like this.
Old 28th May 2015, 11:45 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Aw, cheers boys. Will take your advice. Looks like June and July are going to be expensive enough anyway.
Old 28th May 2015, 01:26 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I've only just spotted this thread.

I absolutely love Twilight Time, it's a tiny company run by two nice blokes. It saddens me when I see "fans" being so rude about the them because it's obvious to anyone who bothers to buy their products that they are fans themselves and many of the titles that they go after are not the sort of films that would set the world on fire in terms of sales, meaning most other companies wouldn't have bothered with them. So they have a business model that some take exception to? And? No one is being forced to buy the products but here are some facts, rather than the same, tired rubbish that's regurgitated by those who have a problem with them.

Products are licenced from the Studios with TT's business model in mind - to a studio it's a no-brainer, a deal upfront, where the licencee states exactly how many products they are going to press.

TT is almost always aware of the titles that will sell fast (THE BLOB, FRIGHT NIGHT reissue, etc) and impose a buying limitation of three per customer on these titles. Titles that sell quicker than expected but do not have a limit are quickly revised by Screen Archives so that the "three per customer" rule is applied, segueing into a "one per customer" as the stock levels drop.

Another bone of contention is titles going OOP. Okay, now, these releases are announced three months in advance and the dates are almost always concrete. Within the next week they'll be announcing titles for September and October. Pre-orders go live a month before release and seldom sell out quickly - Only a few have sold out in a day, from a catalogue of over 150 titles. So, availability is not an issue 99% of the time. With all this in mind, why would a "fan", who has known about the release for three months, had a month's notice before pre-order date not got it together to prioritise a title that they purport to love knowing that it's limited?

In my experience of reading the vitriol of trolls on FB and BD.com the reason why these people are sour is because of the price point and that they cannot buy them from their preferred retailer but they natter on about the business model and allude to the secondary scalper market as a smokescreen to hide the fact that they're just too tight to pay the price. Not everyone has large amounts of disposable income and they have to spend their money wisely, that's fine, I understand that and am not exactly flush with cash myself, but those attacking Twilight Time and it's owners should be more honest about the reason why they don't buy the product, because the same old, tired excuses don't cut it.

Code Red and Scorpion are now using Screen Archives for exclusive, limited edition titles. If I were a bettering man I would say that the indie market could end up going the same route across the industry. With so many factors eroding sales these companies need to think of ways to limit their risk.
Old 28th May 2015, 02:29 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Yep, count me as another fan of TT. As you say, a lot of people like to complain about the limited edition nature of their titles, and the full RRP they charge, but I've never had a problem with them, or their business model. The guys at TT really value their supporters, and a few times I've been surprised to receive a personalized signed copy of the titles they do promotions on, including Fright Night and The Blob.
Paul@TheOverlook likes this.
Old 28th May 2015, 02:41 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

They're sweet people which is why it's so sad when you see them getting so much abuse online.
Old 28th May 2015, 08:47 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Another fan here.
Their recent edition of THE BOUNTY was nothing short of stunning.
Paul@TheOverlook likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 28th May 2015, 09:01 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Not watched mine yet but did give MISSISSIPPI BURNING a spin last night and that looks great.
Graeme73 likes this.
Old 28th May 2015, 09:04 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

UNDER FIRE is another top drawer release.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 28th May 2015, 09:15 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Not seen that one yet either.

Like this? Share it using the links below!