Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   101 Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/12955-101-films.html)

mr 420 26th February 2017 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 522690)
If it's the best available that's different mr420. I was under the impression from your original post that there may be a longer cut potentially available.

Sorry, I should of made it clearer. I'm just annoyed as I've been a fan of the film since it came out and when I was in HMV and saw it advertised as "never before seen uncut version" (as stated on the cover) I stupidly assumed that's what it was, when in fact that was still the R rated cut. It just reminds me of Vipco and their '91 re-release of Zombie Flesh Eaters.

J Harker 26th February 2017 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr 420 (Post 522693)
Sorry, I should of made it clearer. I'm just annoyed as I've been a fan of the film since it came out and when I was in HMV and saw it advertised as "never before seen uncut version" (as stated on the cover) I stupidly assumed that's what it was, when in fact that was still the R rated cut. It just reminds me of Vipco and their '91 re-release of Zombie Flesh Eaters.

No apology needed mate. Thanks for the info.

Justin101 27th February 2017 09:43 AM

101 has decided to put out Cherry Falls, a film which I rather like - despite it being a bit shit. It's listed as Dual Format and at 19.99 currently on Amazon so it's going to be one of their *a-hem* premium editions like Alien Nation where a fold out poster counts as an 'extra'.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06X9HWK...s=cherry+falls

8th May 2017

Frankenhooker 27th February 2017 09:53 AM

Isn't Cherry Falls cut to shreds ? I've got a bit of a soft spot for it myself, would love to see an uncensored version, if it still exists.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J Harker 27th February 2017 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankenhooker (Post 522798)
Isn't Cherry Falls cut to shreds ? I've got a bit of a soft spot for it myself, would love to see an uncensored version, if it still exists.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've only seen it once years ago. I'm pretty sure previous UK releases have been butchered but I seem to recall someone here (Stephen?) tracking down an uncut release. I'll be very surprised if 101 make the effort to get an uncut release out.

Demdike@Cult Labs 27th February 2017 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 522799)
I've only seen it once years ago. I'm pretty sure previous UK releases have been butchered but I seem to recall someone here (Stephen?) tracking down an uncut release. I'll be very surprised if 101 make the effort to get an uncut release out.

As far as i'm aware there isn't an uncut release.

It was butchered by the MPAA and only the R-rated versions were distributed for release.

I'm pretty sure there will never be an uncut release.

Justin101 27th February 2017 10:50 AM

I imagine that it's the R-rated version as everyone else has said, that's the only version we've ever seen so it doesn't take away from the experience. I don't think there were further BBFC cuts.

Justin101 27th February 2017 07:32 PM

It seems that 101 Films are going to try and source the 'alien subtitles' for Alien Nation according to Facebook comments. They have said that the options are to delay the release now or continue with the planned release and put the subtitles into a second edition.

Hopefully they'll just go with the first option as it's going to annoy less people rather than have them buy it then release a better version down the line.

TJ Doc 28th February 2017 04:51 PM

Looks like they're going with a replacement scheme, which is better than nothing I guess.

I wonder, though... is it finally happening?

Is this 101 Films' "Zombie Flesh-Eaters moment"?

Only time will tell...

Stephen@Cult Labs 28th February 2017 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 522797)
101 has decided to put out Cherry Falls, a film which I rather like - despite it being a bit shit. It's listed as Dual Format and at 19.99 currently on Amazon so it's going to be one of their *a-hem* premium editions like Alien Nation where a fold out poster counts as an 'extra'.



https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06X9HWK...s=cherry+falls



8th May 2017



Yeah, think I'll stick with the German blu with this one. Be a bit of a slap in the face to UK buyers after both the US and German blu's have almost identical extras.

Audio commentary with director Geoffrey Wright.
German Trailer.
English Trailer.
Featurette "Lose it or die: The untold story of Cherry Falls" - 25 Min.
Featurette "Cherry Falls Deputy": Interview with Amanda Anka - 8 Min.
Interviews with Brittany Murphy, Michael Biehn, Jay Mohr and Geoffrey Wright.
Behind the scenes featurette - 5 Min
Photo gallery.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.