Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   101 Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/12955-101-films.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 6th September 2019 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 610615)
If i recall the BBFC took exception to a double ear clap and it gained the 18 due to this. Probably thought kids would go round doing it in the school yards or some other bollocks.

No way it should still be an 18 then as Battle Creek Brawl got through as a 15 with a double earclap reinstated. Crazy BBFC fools.

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th September 2019 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 610621)
No way it should still be an 18 then as Battle Creek Brawl got through as a 15 with a double earclap reinstated. Crazy BBFC fools.

101 resubmitted and it has come through 15 uncut, so that's okay then.

https://bbfc.co.uk/releases/quest-video-4

It's their packaging that is misleading. Unless it's a feature rated 15, additional trailers rated 18 type thing.

Stephen@Cult Labs 6th September 2019 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 610622)
101 resubmitted and it has come through 15 uncut, so that's okay then.

https://bbfc.co.uk/releases/quest-video-4

It's their packaging that is misleading. Unless it's a feature rated 15, additional trailers rated 18 type thing.

Ah cool! Yeah that's probably it, or they made up that art before it was reclassified. Either way, good news.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 6th September 2019 07:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 610621)

:lol:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLQUMCH09vw

MrBarlow 18th September 2019 03:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Soska Sisters
RABID
On October 7th the new nightmare from Jen & Sylvia Soska arrives on DVD and Blu-ray in the UK.
In addition to on-set interviews, extras include Part 2 of The Quiet Revolution, a brand new Canadian horror film documentary which explores the social contexts behind Canadian horror cinema.
‘A bloody fresh remake that surpasses the original’ - /Film

★★★★★ ‘Fierce and intelligent horror’ - Flickering Myth

★★★★ ‘Sensual and gory’ - The Hollywood News

RABID
Released 7th October 2019
Acclaimed horror directors Jen and Sylvia Soska aka ‘The Twisted Twins’ (American Mary) are back with their next nightmare – the bloody, brutal and deranged RABID!

Based on the original film by David Cronenberg, RABID stars Laura Vandervoort (Jigsaw, Bitten), Benjamin Hollingsworth (Cold Pursuit) and Phil ‘C.M. Punk’ Brooks (Girl on the Third Floor).

After aspiring fashion designer Rose suffers a disfiguring traffic accident she undergoes a radical and untested stem-cell treatment. The experimental transformation is a miraculous success, transforming her into a ravishing beauty. But she soon develops an uncontrollable sexual appetite, resulting in several torrid encounters, which sees her lovers become rabid carriers of death and disease. As the illness mutates and the contagion spreads out of control, all hell breaks loose as the infected rampage.

Extras

The Quiet Revolution: State, Society and the Canadian Horror Film – Part Two: An Emerging Revolution: New Territories & Diverse Fears, a brand new feature-length documentary exploring the social contexts behind Canadian horror cinema from filmmaker and author Xavier Mendik (exclusive to Blu-ray)

Behind the scenes with Jen & Sylvia Soska

An interview with Laura Vandervoort

FrightFest Presents the Soska Sisters' on set message to the FrightFest 2018 audience, with Paul McEvoy

Demdike@Cult Labs 18th September 2019 07:23 PM

Got an email regarding Rabid today. Dvd is £8 delivered. Quite fancy this one.

Thought the Soska Sisters American Mary was great.

MrBarlow 23rd October 2019 04:56 PM

2 Attachment(s)
NEW TO THE BLACK LABEL

Title 011 on the 101 Films Black Label will be Canadian slasher classic PROM NIGHT (1980). Packed with brand new extras, including a documentary on the 'Final Girl' in horror movies, an interview with director Paul Lynch, and a commentary from Paul McEvoy and Jake West, this Limited Edition version with slipcase and booklet is limited to 3000 units.
PROM NIGHT

Released 2nd December 2019
101 Films presents Prom Night (1980), a slasher classic and one of the most influential horror films of the 1980s, released on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK in an extras-packed limited edition. Starring Jamie Lee Curtis (Halloween) and Leslie Nielsen (Airplane!), and adorned with a highly-regarded original score and disco soundtrack, Prom Night is a bloody landmark in high school horror.

Four Hamilton High School seniors have been hiding the truth of what happened to ten-year- old Robin Hammond for six long years. But someone saw what they did and is preparing for vengeance – a prom night killing spree. Hooded, masked, and wielding an axe, he’ll stalk his prey in the dark, empty halls, striking when his victims are alone. As the spotlight falls on the newly-crowned prom king and queen, will the killer be stopped before he can exact his murderous revenge..?

Brand New Extras

Chasing the Final Girl, a new documentary on the “Final Girl” in horror movies
An interview with director Paul Lynch
Audio commentary with FrightFest’s Paul McEvoy and filmmaker Jake West
Limited Edition booklet: includes Just Some F****** Nerdy Brother: Prom Night and the strange case of the Canadian slashers by Dave Alexander and Dance ‘Til You’re Dead: Composer Paul Zaza remembers the music of Prom Night by James Burrell
Additional Extras

Audio commentary with Director Paul Lynch and Screenwriter William Gray
The Horrors of Hamilton High: The Making of Prom Night – Featurette
Collection of additional scenes added for television broadcast
Outtakes
Motion still gallery
Original radio spots
Original theatrical trailer and television spots

trebor8273 24th October 2019 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 613964)
NEW TO THE BLACK LABEL

Title 011 on the 101 Films Black Label will be Canadian slasher classic PROM NIGHT (1980). Packed with brand new extras, including a documentary on the 'Final Girl' in horror movies, an interview with director Paul Lynch, and a commentary from Paul McEvoy and Jake West, this Limited Edition version with slipcase and booklet is limited to 3000 units.
PROM NIGHT

Released 2nd December 2019
101 Films presents Prom Night (1980), a slasher classic and one of the most influential horror films of the 1980s, released on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK in an extras-packed limited edition. Starring Jamie Lee Curtis (Halloween) and Leslie Nielsen (Airplane!), and adorned with a highly-regarded original score and disco soundtrack, Prom Night is a bloody landmark in high school horror.

Four Hamilton High School seniors have been hiding the truth of what happened to ten-year- old Robin Hammond for six long years. But someone saw what they did and is preparing for vengeance – a prom night killing spree. Hooded, masked, and wielding an axe, he’ll stalk his prey in the dark, empty halls, striking when his victims are alone. As the spotlight falls on the newly-crowned prom king and queen, will the killer be stopped before he can exact his murderous revenge..?

Brand New Extras

Chasing the Final Girl, a new documentary on the “Final Girl” in horror movies
An interview with director Paul Lynch
Audio commentary with FrightFest’s Paul McEvoy and filmmaker Jake West
Limited Edition booklet: includes Just Some F****** Nerdy Brother: Prom Night and the strange case of the Canadian slashers by Dave Alexander and Dance ‘Til You’re Dead: Composer Paul Zaza remembers the music of Prom Night by James Burrell
Additional Extras

Audio commentary with Director Paul Lynch and Screenwriter William Gray
The Horrors of Hamilton High: The Making of Prom Night – Featurette
Collection of additional scenes added for television broadcast
Outtakes
Motion still gallery
Original radio spots
Original theatrical trailer and television spots

Was never keen on it, one of the most boring slashers.

Rob4 24th October 2019 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 614017)
Was never keen on it, one of the most boring slashers.

yep, i'll stick with the Synapse. not good enough for a double dip.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 25th October 2019 10:03 PM

Bye bye Synapse disc.... :wave:

Nostalgic 27th October 2019 11:11 PM

So y Rabid blu has a doc entitled The Quiet Revolution, state society & the canadian horror film part 1.....

Is there a part 2 or am i missing something?

Susan Foreman 28th October 2019 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostalgic (Post 614291)
So y Rabid blu has a doc entitled The Quiet Revolution, state society & the canadian horror film part 1.....

Is there a part 2 or am i missing something?

Presumably you have the 1977 Cronenberg 2-disc version, released by 101 films

Part 2, which runs for just over 52 minutes, can be found on the 101 films Blu-Ray release of the Soska Sisters remake

I don't know if it's on the DVD version as well

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th October 2019 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 614295)
Presumably you have the 1977 Cronenberg 2-disc version, released by 101 films

Part 2, which runs for just over 52 minutes, can be found on the 101 films Blu-Ray release of the Soska Sisters remake

I don't know if it's on the DVD version as well

It isn't sadly. There are bonus features, just not that.

Nordicdusk 28th October 2019 03:28 PM

Has anyone see Rabid yet and is it worth picking up ?

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th October 2019 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 614333)
Has anyone see Rabid yet and is it worth picking up ?

I bought it last week.

Not watching it until December though.

Nordicdusk 28th October 2019 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 614336)
I bought it last week.

Not watching it until December though.

I have faith in the sisters i enjoyed their previous output. Fingers crossed anyway

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th October 2019 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 614338)
I have faith in the sisters i enjoyed their previous output. Fingers crossed anyway

Some on Letterboxd have said it's far too gory - and suggested that was a negative.

Not for me it ain't. :skull:

Rik 28th October 2019 04:44 PM

I’m ashamed to say I’ve never seen Cronenberg’s original :behindsofa:

Justin101 28th October 2019 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 614343)
I’m ashamed to say I’ve never seen Cronenberg’s original :behindsofa:

It’s really good but I probably prefer shivers. Worth picking it up if you can get a bargain.

Rik 28th October 2019 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 614344)
It’s really good but I probably prefer shivers. Worth picking it up if you can get a bargain.

Haven’t seen that either :lol:

Only films of his that I’ve seen are Scanners, Videodrome, The Dead Zone, The Fly, Dead Ringers and Crash

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th October 2019 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 614345)

Only films of his that I’ve seen are Scanners, Videodrome, The Dead Zone, The Fly, Dead Ringers and Crash

Some big gaps to fill, Rik. Like Justin, i really recommend Shivers.

Rik 28th October 2019 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 614348)
Some big gaps to fill, Rik. Like Justin, i really recommend Shivers.

I know, just not got round to watching that many of his films

Justin101 28th October 2019 06:03 PM

Shivers, Rabid and The Brood are all very different to Scanners/Videodrome onwards. Definately try to give them a go at some point :) All three of them are good but they are "out-there" so it's difficult to say go buy them if it's a blind buy :lol: Try Music Magpie for some cheap used DVDs :D

Rob4 28th October 2019 06:07 PM

i'd give a vote for Shivers too, although there isn't a Cronenberg I don't like besides his early experimental works.

Shivers for me doesn't get enough due. I'd rank it with Night of the Living Dead and Texas Chain Saw Massacre as a game changer.

Nostalgic 28th October 2019 07:40 PM

Love Cronnenberg, Shivers, Rabid & The Brood were constantly on bbc 1 or 2 when i was a teenager, my brother taped them, i didn't "get it" at the time but could tell they were important, then i saw Existenz at the cinema & was blown away! Sadly nobody else in the universe seemed to have seen it until the internet turned up lol!

I definately think he changed the direction of horror cinema, shame part 2 of e doc is only on e blu as I've just got the dvd (obviously, film could be terrible, lets be honest!).

We'll see......

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 28th October 2019 08:36 PM

Quote:

Do yourself a favour mate go on a triple bill back to back....Shivers, Rabid & The Brood.:werewolf:

Graveyard 28th October 2019 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 614369)
Do yourself a favour mate go on a triple bill back to back....Shivers, Rabid & The Brood.:werewolf:

I thought The Brood was boring.. :spell: but Shivers & Rabid are classics

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 29th October 2019 05:44 PM

Ollie Reed....murderous midgets......mutant production line...what's not to like?

gag 29th October 2019 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob4 (Post 614353)
i'd give a vote for Shivers too, although there isn't a Cronenberg I don't like besides his early experimental works.

Shivers for me doesn't get enough due. I'd rank it with Night of the Living Dead and Texas Chain Saw Massacre as a game changer.

Cronenberg my favourite director,

I've tried with cosmopolis and map to the stars and just couldn't get into either ,
As for game changer its Scanners and Videodrome to me .

Demdike@Cult Labs 29th October 2019 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 614429)
Cronenberg my favourite director,

I've tried with cosmopolis and map to the stars and just couldn't get into either ,
As for game changer its Scanners and Videodrome to me .

I thought Maps was excellent but agree with you on Cosmopolis.

Nostalgic 17th November 2019 07:50 PM

So Rabid on 101 is rated 15, on Arrow it's 18....any difference or just re-rated?

gag 17th November 2019 08:43 PM

Quote:

Really need to binge more on Cronenberg he a genius by far and love all his film except the later few after Eastern promise , before that can't say a single one I dislike .

Nostalgic 19th November 2019 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 615607)
Really need to binge more on Cronenberg he a genius by far and love all his film except the later few after Eastern promise , before that can't say a single one I dislike .

I've got Shivers, Rabid, The Brood out all stacked up. On a seperate pile I have Videodrome & Existenz. Fly boxset (Australian blu, not sure how scream factory can improve on this) is in loft, think i'll have a Fly-A-Thon in the near future....:woot:

Susan Foreman 5th December 2019 04:26 PM

'Runaway' - Blu-Ray pre-order at Amazon UK - £13.61

Release date - February 17, 2020

"Written and directed by Michael Crichton (Westworld) and starring Tom Selleck and Cynthia Rhodes, Runaway (1984) is released on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK.

In the near future, a police officer specializes in malfunctioning robots. When a robot turns out to have been programmed to kill, he begins to uncover a homicidal plot to create killer robots... and his son becomes a target."

Susan Foreman 5th December 2019 04:31 PM

'Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone' - Blu-Ray pre-order at Amazon UK - £13.61

Release date - February 17, 2020

"Cult sci-fi from 1983 starring Peter Strauss, Molly Ringwald and Ernie Hudson, released on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK.

On a distant planet inhabited by mutants, two bounty-hunters race to rescue three Earth female captives from the clutches of an evil mutant warlord."

However, there is no mention on whether this is going to be the 2D version, the 3D version or both

Susan Foreman 5th December 2019 04:34 PM

'Sign O' The Times' - Blu-Ray pre-order at Amazon UK - £13.61

Release date - January 13, 2020

"Prince and his band bring his Grammy Nominated Album of the Year "Sign O' The Times" to life in one of the greatest concert films ever made. This ground-breaking movie is punctuated with specially-filmed, dramatic vignettes and captures Prince at the peak of his musical powers. "

nosferatu42 5th December 2019 04:45 PM

I really like Spacehunter it's a quite silly but more juvenile mad max style sci fi cheesefest featuring Micheal Ironside as the main bad guy.:woot:

If i didn't already own a region 1 release i'd be all over this.

I might pick up Runaway though that's another enjoyable cheesy film that i haven't seen for years.

Good to see these VHS era obscurities being released over here finally.:cool:

Rob4 5th December 2019 05:00 PM

not seen any rumours of Spacehunter 3D restoration. Surprised Indicator passed this one up?

Stephen@Cult Labs 5th December 2019 07:26 PM

The US blu of Spacehunter is cropped. Unless this is a new restoration (even if it isn't in 3D), and the same cropped version, it's a pretty pointless release.

Demoncrat 5th December 2019 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostalgic (Post 615605)
So Rabid on 101 is rated 15, on Arrow it's 18....any difference or just re-rated?

Additional features sometimes push up the rating? Just a thought ... ;)