Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   101 Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/12955-101-films.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th July 2017 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 540574)
I'm far from picky. I've defended 88's stuff plenty of times on the basis of the cost of them compared to expensive imports put out by a banana with interpersonal skill issues.

I was only kidding with you, hence the winking smiley followed by the laughing one.

keirarts 6th July 2017 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 540575)
I was only kidding with you, hence the winking smiley followed by the laughing one.

I know. ;) No offence taken.

Justin101 6th July 2017 01:30 PM

Put it this way, I have lowered expectations when it comes to this label, and I think they are swimming out of their depth with the current attempt to reprice their releases to £14.99. As Kierarts says these are budget releases and the price point should reflect it. Making it a Dual Format release and bumping up the price by a fiver doesn't put you into the Eureka/Indicator/Arrow ranks.

88 Films have done the same and I wouldn't be surprised if those releases have lower sales than the previously released at £9.99 films had. Although in their case there seems to be no rhyme nor reason behind which films are dual format for example Delirium is and Body Puzzle isn't...

J Harker 6th July 2017 05:42 PM

The problem with 101 is they have zero interest in extras of any description. If they are available its where they've ported something from elsewhere like the odd commentary and they have openly admitted it isn't something they intend to look at.
They also have no interest in making an effort to release uncut versions. I appreciate sometimes this is unavoidable AND its not like 88 go to town with extras. I have a few 101 releases and I'm happy enough with them, the transfers are fine, particularly when you consider the titles, but they're just not a label that excites me. And wherehas they're more than adequate to release some old Van Damme punch ups, I'd like to see John Landis flicks get better.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 6th July 2017 08:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Zero extras?

What's this? :pound:

J Harker 6th July 2017 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 540633)
Zero extras?

What's this? :pound:

Bet the buggers got scene selection too hasn't it.

Inspector Abberline 6th July 2017 08:41 PM

two trucks

1 Attachment(s)
I think 101 films have a nice diverse range of titles, and whilst Truck Turner and TWo Minute Warning were not exactly heaving with extras they did include a couple of repro movie posters which to be honest I much prefer.

J Harker 6th July 2017 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline (Post 540638)
I think 101 films have a nice diverse range of titles, and whilst Truck Turner and TWo Minute Warning were not exactly heaving with extras they did include a couple of repro movie posters which to be honest I much prefer.

Horses for courses init matey. Posters are a great addition to any package i agree.

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th July 2017 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline (Post 540638)

I would definitely have bought Two Minute Warning had i not already owned it.

I enjoyed Sky Riders immensely but that wasn't one with a poster sadly.

Inspector Abberline 7th July 2017 05:46 AM

ssssss

1 Attachment(s)
I'm not sure what the criteria is for them including posters but both SSSSSS and Tarantula have them. Which I really like although does not justify the higher price, but still nice any way.

Attachment 192393