Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   101 Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/12955-101-films.html)

mr 420 10th December 2015 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 470475)
They put an official post on FB explaining that they are dependent on the HD master that MGM have provided them which is the cut version. And that they don't have the financial resources to create a new master from the uncut version which is apparently what Arrow have done for their US release.

Hmmm, that's a very Vipcoish thing to do. If I was a schoolteacher, 101 would be getting sent home with a thousand lines of I must do better.

J Harker 10th December 2015 04:31 PM

This is the post.
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12...687ec6fa95.jpg

Boo Radley 10th December 2015 04:47 PM

Just buy the uncut German Blu ray.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 10th December 2015 09:04 PM

Fair do's.
If they can't afford it,they can't afford it.
Thanks for being honest.

I bought their GHOST WARRIOR last night.:xmascan:

Stephen@Cult Labs 10th December 2015 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 470525)
Fair do's.

If they can't afford it,they can't afford it.

Thanks for being honest.

I bought their GHOST WARRIOR last night.:xmascan:

I'm guessing it might be more of a problem with the cost of licensing the unrated print (since it's already out in Germany), and it may have been cheaper to get the R version (not sure why there would really be a difference tbh though). For non-multi region buyers, I don't think the R-rated print will be a problem, as it's actually longer than any version that's ever been available in the UK.

J Harker 14th December 2015 04:16 PM

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12...ea6cf91851.jpg
Doesn't look like a film that would be subject to censorship?

platostotal 14th December 2015 06:55 PM

Both Goldfoot films, cool, but... It, Terror from Beyond Space is something I'd really like to see again, haven't seen it in decades, a real inspiration for Alien, hoping for a nice clean transfer.

J Harker 14th December 2015 07:11 PM

So far I've found all 101's blu have excellent pic quality (that I've seen obviously!!). Other issues granted, but they are putting out stuff no one else seems interested in...apart from maybe Arrow...

J Harker 6th January 2016 09:58 AM

101 are having some sort of clearance sale. Featured titles are all £3 each.
http://101-films-store.myshopify.com...me-only?page=1
Nota great variety but worth a look. Old forum fave The Goatman Murders is there.

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th January 2016 10:43 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 473101)
101 are having some sort of clearance sale. Featured titles are all £3 each.
Clearance Sale – 101 Films Store
Nota great variety but worth a look. Old forum fave The Goatman Murders is there.

Jack the Giant Killer is a good film...if you can get past the appalling cover art.

My region one release is slightly better as is 101's collectors edition.

J Harker 6th January 2016 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 473106)
Jack the Giant Killer is a good film...if you can get past the appalling cover art.

My region one release is slightly better as is 101's collectors edition.

I've not seen that film in nearly 30 years.

Deadite 6th January 2016 06:25 PM

Yeah, really like Jack the Giant Killer. Quite spooky in places.

Susan Foreman 6th January 2016 06:34 PM

I always thought that the poem/incantation

"From the land beyond, beyond.
From the world past hope and fear.
I bid you genie now appear"

was in Jack The Giant Killer (when Jack calls up the pixie in the bottle), but according to IMDB, it's from 'The Seventh Voyage Of Sinbad"

Either way, Jack is a classic fantasy film

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 16th March 2016 07:00 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Nice to see 101 changing their Blus.
8TH May according to Amazon.
Let's hope the Irish logos stay away!
Reversible sleeve and poster!

BAKA 21st August 2016 03:04 PM

Didn't realise they had their own webstore. Ordered Exterminator 2 and Solar Warriors at £8 each on blu-ray. Free shipping too.

trebor8273 21st August 2016 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 502178)
Didn't realise they had their own webstore. Ordered Exterminator 2 and Solar Warriors at £8 each on blu-ray. Free shipping too.

Ordered them as well cheaper than any place else especially exterminator 2. Shame 88films store can't be as cheap as this. Also this way they should see more more money

Critter 1st January 2017 07:44 PM

Not sure if these have been officially announced somewhere (apologies if so), but was just trawling Amazon for new releases when I noticed that 101 Films have apparently got some corkers coming up in 2017. Amazon is listing entries for THE ALLIGATOR PEOPLE, ALIEN NATION and THE HOWLING(!).

I would link but apparently I haven't posted enough for that kind of shenanigans. Boo.

EDIT: Nothing on their Facebook or Twitter pages as yet.

Demdike@Cult Labs 1st January 2017 11:02 PM

That'll mean a bare bones release for The Howling. I'll stick with my original UK special edition dvd.

Critter 1st January 2017 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 515554)
That'll mean a bare bones release for The Howling. I'll stick with my original UK special edition dvd.

I have that and Scream Factory's DVD (don't have a multi-region blu-ray player, sadly), but I might drop some cash on it if they port some special features over from other releases. I imagine ALIEN NATION will be bare bones, which is a shame - it's a really underrated film...

J Harker 1st January 2017 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 515554)

Yeah they can keep it.

TJ Doc 2nd January 2017 01:27 AM

How the hell did these hacks get Howling? There can't have been a bidding war, because they would have been utterly steamrollered by the bigger labels.

And the Alien Nation news sucks too because it'll probably be missing the alien language subtitles just like the currently available Australian and German Blu-rays.

Booooo! :mob:

Stephen@Cult Labs 2nd January 2017 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJ Doc (Post 515559)
How the hell did these hacks get Howling? There can't have been a bidding war, because they would have been utterly steamrollered by the bigger labels.

And the Alien Nation news sucks too because it'll probably be missing the alien language subtitles just like the currently available Australian and German Blu-rays.

Booooo! :mob:

Well, they now own Hollywood Classics, who handle the distribution rights of MGM, Universal & Fox titles, so it looks like I was probably right about what would happen, they'll take first pick at titles themselves.

Rob4 2nd January 2017 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 515577)
Well, they now own Hollywood Classics, who handle the distribution rights of MGM, Universal & Fox titles, so it looks like I was probably right about what would happen, they'll take first pick at titles themselves.

forgot about that. lousy start to 2017. Arrow said last year that they had entered into a deal to bring MGM titles to the UK - hopefully that still stands!?

trebor8273 2nd January 2017 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 515577)

Bad news as quite a few good titles could get the usual poor treatment from 101.

Critter 2nd January 2017 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 515583)
Bad news as quite a few good titles could get the usual poor treatment from 101.

Well, in that case I guess there's some good news on THE HOWLING front - they've confirmed that ALLIGATOR PEOPLE and ALIEN NATION are legit, but their 'Howling' movie is not Joe Dante's THE HOWLING. I suppose it's probably a retitled werewolf movie or a supermarket cash-in on THE WAILING.

Hammer time 2nd January 2017 02:41 PM

You have to needed a non uk release of the howling if you want all the uncensored extras, i do not see that changing when the howling comes out here on blu

J Harker 2nd January 2017 03:18 PM

To be fair The Howling is a bit rubbish anyway.

Critter 2nd January 2017 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 515594)
To be fair The Howling is a bit rubbish anyway.

Well, if you reckon the 1981 HOWLING is bad...

I've just found an entry on IMDb for a 2017 British werewolf film titled HOWLING. I'm assuming that's the movie 101 are distributing now that they've confirmed it's not the Joe Dante version. Apparently it was shot in Ipswich...

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 2nd January 2017 06:32 PM

It will be that film.One of those dtv pissers they're famous for.......

It's either that or it's a film about a pub toilet in the barras area of Glasgow... ;)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 9th February 2017 05:26 PM

Coming March/April....

TRUCK TURNER
EARTHQUAKE
TWO MINUTE WARNING
FX
FX 2
SKY RIDERS
ALIEN NATION

platostotal 9th February 2017 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 520546)
Coming March/April....

TRUCK TURNER
EARTHQUAKE
TWO MINUTE WARNING
FX
FX 2
SKY RIDERS
ALIEN NATION

All of those thank you very much, Haven't seen Sky Riders since VHS days, that's a solid line-up for 101.

J Harker 24th February 2017 10:40 PM

Not sure if this will matter to anyone or not but 101 have confirmed via FB that their upcoming blu of Alien Nation will not include subtitles for the alien dialogue.

Stephen@Cult Labs 24th February 2017 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 522525)
Not sure if this will matter to anyone or not but 101 have confirmed via FB that their upcoming blu of Alien Nation will not include subtitles for the alien dialogue.

Oh it matters. I asked them about it a week ago on Twitter, and they said they weren't aware of it, but they'd "try" and get them on there. I knew there was no way they'd do it in time. Guess we have to wait for Twilight Time to release theirs.

J Harker 24th February 2017 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 522526)
Oh it matters. I asked them about it a week ago on Twitter, and they said they weren't aware of it, but they'd "try" and get them on there. I knew there was no way they'd do it in time. Guess we have to wait for Twilight Time to release theirs.

It's not a film I've that familiar with having only seen it the once. I'm assuming the dialogue in question should have forced subtitles during the relevant scenes? Is it possible that the disc will include optional subtitles that could be toggled on and off for these scenes? Poor though that would admittedly be.

Stephen@Cult Labs 25th February 2017 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 522529)
It's not a film I've that familiar with having only seen it the once. I'm assuming the dialogue in question should have forced subtitles during the relevant scenes? Is it possible that the disc will include optional subtitles that could be toggled on and off for these scenes? Poor though that would admittedly be.

Yeah, there are a few scenes where there should be subtitles when the newcomers are speaking in their own language. 101 don't have optional subtitles. Don't think any of their releases have them.

J Harker 25th February 2017 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 522539)
Yeah, there are a few scenes where there should be subtitles when the newcomers are speaking in their own language. 101 don't have optional subtitles. Don't think any of their releases have them.

Another one they can keep then. You happen to know anything about their FX releases yet Stephen?

trebor8273 25th February 2017 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 522525)

Can't say I'm surprised as 101 don't seem to go the extra effort of arrow, powerhouse and 88 films. Just look at there lord of the illussions , why even bother releasing the thetrical version and not the far superior directors cut, if shout factory got it I can t see why they coudnt .

Stephen@Cult Labs 25th February 2017 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 522540)
Another one they can keep then. You happen to know anything about their FX releases yet Stephen?

I don't, i'm afraid.

Stephen@Cult Labs 25th February 2017 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 522639)
Can't say I'm surprised as 101 don't seem to go the extra effort of arrow, powerhouse and 88 films. Just look at there lord of the illussions , why even bother releasing the thetrical version and not the far superior directors cut, if shout factory got it I can t see why they coudnt .

Or only releasing the cut R-rated version of Pray For Death. [emoji50]

mr 420 25th February 2017 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 522657)
Or only releasing the cut R-rated version of Pray For Death. [emoji50]

Or being misleading on their cover of Exterminator 2, saying that it's the uncut version when in fact that it's actually the R-rated cut which was further cut by the BBFC. :nono: