Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   101 Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/12955-101-films.html)

bleakshaun 6th October 2017 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 553288)
Can’t see it selling well, I’ve not read a single decent review of the film and most people would rather not line the pockets of someone with a past like Victor Salva.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not only that, but £20.00 and probably no features

Sent from my MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro using Tapatalk

Rik 6th October 2017 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleakshaun (Post 553292)
Not only that, but £20.00 and probably no features

And that :nod:

bleakshaun 6th October 2017 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 553293)
And that :nod:

Of course though not as significant as the whole dirty perv obviously

trebor8273 6th October 2017 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 553288)
Can’t see it selling well, I’ve not read a single decent review of the film and most people would rather not line the pockets of someone with a past like Victor Salva.

This, I will not give that vile man any money .

Rik 6th October 2017 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 553298)
This, I will not give that vile man any money .

Me neither, I’ll watch the Jeepers Creepers films if they’re on TV, but I refuse to have them in my collection :nod:

Boo Radley 7th October 2017 05:36 PM

Victor Silva is a vile man. Paedophiles should be castrated and buried under
the prison, no argument from me.
BUT... I keep reading comments all over the net about how people will not buy or watch his films so I have a couple of questions for all these fine upstanding moral citizens who are procrastinating themselves as Social Justice Warriors of the film world.....

Does this mean these same people will never watch or buy a Roman Polanski movie again? What about Woody Allen? Or is it alright to be a paedophile if your films have "artistic merit"? Are they never going to watch Return of the Living Dead again because Brian Peck plead guilty to paedophile accusations? How about the Disney corporation because the list of accusations against them is legendary or how about boycotting Hollywood films altogether because the continuous accusations of a paedophile ring abusing young kids has been going on for decades, just ask Todd Bridges, Corey Haim or Macauley Culkin.

There is a deafening silence about these other vile humans, why?

Demdike@Cult Labs 7th October 2017 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boo Radley (Post 553388)
Victor Silva is a vile man. Paedophiles should be castrated and buried under
the prison, no argument from me.
BUT... I keep reading comments all over the net about how people will not buy or watch his films so I have a couple of questions for all these fine upstanding moral citizens who are procrastinating themselves as Social Justice Warriors of the film world.....

Does this mean these same people will never watch or buy a Roman Polanski movie again? What about Woody Allen? Or is it alright to be a paedophile if your films have "artistic merit"? Are they never going to watch Return of the Living Dead again because Brian Peck plead guilty to paedophile accusations? How about the Disney corporation because the list of accusations against them is legendary or how about boycotting Hollywood films altogether because the continuous accusations of a paedophile ring abusing young kids has been going on for decades, just ask Todd Bridges, Corey Haim or Macauley Culkin.

There is a deafening silence about these other vile humans, why?

Well said, Boo.

Inspector Abberline 7th October 2017 06:11 PM

?

The Woody Allen aspect is abit of red herring, he hasn't actually broke any laws,he certainly is not wanted for anything in the US courts...morale he may be reprehensible but apart one obviously incident (he runs of with his adopted daughter,there not blood related ..) there has been alot of mud slinging by certain people but no evidence as such.,.Jerry Lee Lewis married a 13yr old in the 1950s which was legal in Mississippi I believe. Theresa a world of difference between fact and the bullshit we get in tabloids.

trebor8273 7th October 2017 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 553389)
Well said, Boo.

Yes, they make excellent points, sadly it seems to be common place in Hollywood I remember the documentary on channel 4 some years back about the young stars mentioned being groomed by executives, I couldn't watch the whole program it was so sicking and upsetting.

Boo Radley 7th October 2017 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline (Post 553395)
The Woody Allen aspect is abit of red herring, he hasn't actually broke any laws,he certainly is not wanted for anything in the US courts...morale he may be reprehensible but apart one obviously incident (he runs of with his adopted daughter,there not blood related ..) there has been alot of mud slinging by certain people but no evidence as such .... Theresa a world of difference between fact and the bullshit we get in tabloids.

True, but there are some undeniable facts too, such as;

Allen had been in therapy for alleged inappropriate behaviour toward Dylan with a child psychologist before the abuse allegation was presented to the authorities or made public. Mia Farrow had instructed her babysitters that Allen was never to be left alone with Dylan. Dylan was 7 years old....

Allen refused to take a polygraph administered by the Connecticut state police.

Allen subsequently lost four exhaustive court battles—a lawsuit, a disciplinary charge against the prosecutor, and two appeals.

In his 33-page decision, Judge Wilk found that Mr Allen’s behaviour toward Dylan was “grossly inappropriate and that measures must be taken to protect her."

Allen changed his story about the attic where the abuse allegedly took place. First, Allen told investigators he had never been in the attic where the alleged abuse took place. After his hair was found on a painting in the attic, he admitted that he might have stuck his head in once or twice. A top investigator concluded that his account was not credible.

Allen then ran away and married Dylans sister.

A People magazine interview from 1976 Allen states, "I'm open-minded about sex. I'm not above reproach; if anything, I'm below reproach. I mean, if I was caught in a love nest with fifteen 12-year-old girls tomorrow, people would think, yeah, I always knew that about him."

A lot of smoke there even if you can't see the flames....