Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree1395Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th October 2017, 08:39 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Can’t see it selling well, I’ve not read a single decent review of the film and most people would rather not line the pockets of someone with a past like Victor Salva.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not only that, but £20.00 and probably no features

Sent from my MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro using Tapatalk
keirarts likes this.
Old 6th October 2017, 08:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
Not only that, but £20.00 and probably no features

And that

keirarts likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 6th October 2017, 08:41 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
And that

Of course though not as significant as the whole dirty perv obviously

keirarts likes this.
Old 6th October 2017, 08:54 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Can’t see it selling well, I’ve not read a single decent review of the film and most people would rather not line the pockets of someone with a past like Victor Salva.

This, I will not give that vile man any money .
Old 6th October 2017, 09:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
This, I will not give that vile man any money .

Me neither, I’ll watch the Jeepers Creepers films if they’re on TV, but I refuse to have them in my collection

If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 7th October 2017, 05:36 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Victor Silva is a vile man. Paedophiles should be castrated and buried under
the prison, no argument from me.
BUT... I keep reading comments all over the net about how people will not buy or watch his films so I have a couple of questions for all these fine upstanding moral citizens who are procrastinating themselves as Social Justice Warriors of the film world.....

Does this mean these same people will never watch or buy a Roman Polanski movie again? What about Woody Allen? Or is it alright to be a paedophile if your films have "artistic merit"? Are they never going to watch Return of the Living Dead again because Brian Peck plead guilty to paedophile accusations? How about the Disney corporation because the list of accusations against them is legendary or how about boycotting Hollywood films altogether because the continuous accusations of a paedophile ring abusing young kids has been going on for decades, just ask Todd Bridges, Corey Haim or Macauley Culkin.

There is a deafening silence about these other vile humans, why?
Old 7th October 2017, 05:41 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
Victor Silva is a vile man. Paedophiles should be castrated and buried under
the prison, no argument from me.
BUT... I keep reading comments all over the net about how people will not buy or watch his films so I have a couple of questions for all these fine upstanding moral citizens who are procrastinating themselves as Social Justice Warriors of the film world.....

Does this mean these same people will never watch or buy a Roman Polanski movie again? What about Woody Allen? Or is it alright to be a paedophile if your films have "artistic merit"? Are they never going to watch Return of the Living Dead again because Brian Peck plead guilty to paedophile accusations? How about the Disney corporation because the list of accusations against them is legendary or how about boycotting Hollywood films altogether because the continuous accusations of a paedophile ring abusing young kids has been going on for decades, just ask Todd Bridges, Corey Haim or Macauley Culkin.

There is a deafening silence about these other vile humans, why?
Well said, Boo.
Old 7th October 2017, 06:11 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default ?

The Woody Allen aspect is abit of red herring, he hasn't actually broke any laws,he certainly is not wanted for anything in the US courts...morale he may be reprehensible but apart one obviously incident (he runs of with his adopted daughter,there not blood related ..) there has been alot of mud slinging by certain people but no evidence as such.,.Jerry Lee Lewis married a 13yr old in the 1950s which was legal in Mississippi I believe. Theresa a world of difference between fact and the bullshit we get in tabloids.
keirarts likes this.

Old 7th October 2017, 06:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Well said, Boo.
Yes, they make excellent points, sadly it seems to be common place in Hollywood I remember the documentary on channel 4 some years back about the young stars mentioned being groomed by executives, I couldn't watch the whole program it was so sicking and upsetting.
keirarts likes this.
Old 7th October 2017, 06:43 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline View Post
The Woody Allen aspect is abit of red herring, he hasn't actually broke any laws,he certainly is not wanted for anything in the US courts...morale he may be reprehensible but apart one obviously incident (he runs of with his adopted daughter,there not blood related ..) there has been alot of mud slinging by certain people but no evidence as such .... Theresa a world of difference between fact and the bullshit we get in tabloids.
True, but there are some undeniable facts too, such as;

Allen had been in therapy for alleged inappropriate behaviour toward Dylan with a child psychologist before the abuse allegation was presented to the authorities or made public. Mia Farrow had instructed her babysitters that Allen was never to be left alone with Dylan. Dylan was 7 years old....

Allen refused to take a polygraph administered by the Connecticut state police.

Allen subsequently lost four exhaustive court battles—a lawsuit, a disciplinary charge against the prosecutor, and two appeals.

In his 33-page decision, Judge Wilk found that Mr Allen’s behaviour toward Dylan was “grossly inappropriate and that measures must be taken to protect her."

Allen changed his story about the attic where the abuse allegedly took place. First, Allen told investigators he had never been in the attic where the alleged abuse took place. After his hair was found on a painting in the attic, he admitted that he might have stuck his head in once or twice. A top investigator concluded that his account was not credible.

Allen then ran away and married Dylans sister.

A People magazine interview from 1976 Allen states, "I'm open-minded about sex. I'm not above reproach; if anything, I'm below reproach. I mean, if I was caught in a love nest with fifteen 12-year-old girls tomorrow, people would think, yeah, I always knew that about him."

A lot of smoke there even if you can't see the flames....
keirarts likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!