Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   101 Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/12955-101-films.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 7th May 2018 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostalgic (Post 574931)
Picked up Nightmares today as well (in hmv high wycombe, not glasgow lol!), along with killer klowns from arrow. 2 stories into Nightmares & it's amazing, akin to Creepshow 2, if you like anthology horrors it's excellent. Looking forward to the extras!

I don’t know why they wasted disc space putting the fullscreen version on there. No extra picture top and bottom as some full screen versions are, just cropped at the sides so there’s less than the widescreen version.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 8th May 2018 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 574930)
Mate, that’s even worse! Was Irma Vep in the world cinema section? Because I’m sure you picked that up, as I was there too [emoji23]

And Dark Blue was the other one I had in my hand.

It was! :lol:

Dark Blue-that's the one I forgot about! :rolleyes:

So you'd have been mugged twice!

Nostalgic 8th May 2018 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 574944)
I don’t know why they wasted disc space putting the fullscreen version on there. No extra picture top and bottom as some full screen versions are, just cropped at the sides so there’s less than the widescreen version.

Watched Unhinged from 88 and that randomly has a fullscreen version on there, no idea why.
Started the commentary to Nightmares, very good.

Demoncrat 8th May 2018 08:42 PM

Ach, I still watch the 4:3 Evil Dead at times ... so they are selling points for some :lol:;)

Stephen@Cult Labs 8th May 2018 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 575024)
Ach, I still watch the 4:3 Evil Dead at times ... so they are selling points for some :lol:;)

Yeah, but Evil Dead was filmed in 4:3, the 4:3 Nightmares is just the widescreen version with the sides cut off. A completely pointless waste of disc space :)

Linbro 8th May 2018 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 574918)
Picked up NIGHTMARES today in HMV.
Impessive package for such a small film,here's hoping it's a sign of things to come!

Couldn't resist the temptation-no sign or notification of shipping from 101 direct....:rolleyes:

Did it come with the poster? And, do 101 usually send out shipping notifications? I pre ordered this a while ago.

nosferatu42 8th May 2018 10:55 PM

I think the cropped versions are purely for the VHS nostalgia - ists who want to experience the films as they first saw them.
In a square display 80's display format.

mark meakin 9th May 2018 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linbro (Post 575030)
Did it come with the poster? And, do 101 usually send out shipping notifications? I pre ordered this a while ago.

I received this message yesterday regarding my pre-order:

Dear Mark Meakin,
There has been a slight delay with the Nightmares disc availability, which has led to a slight delay. Your order will be posted out this week please accept our apologies for this.

Yet people are picking it up in stores like HMV:confused:.Rather disappointing for pre-order customers unless it's an issue with the poster ?.

mark meakin 9th May 2018 12:25 PM

BTW does anybody know yet whether Sssssnake was cut on the Blu-ray/DVD combo or not ?.

trebor8273 9th May 2018 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark meakin (Post 575065)
I received this message yesterday regarding my pre-order:

Dear Mark Meakin,
There has been a slight delay with the Nightmares disc availability, which has led to a slight delay. Your order will be posted out this week please accept our apologies for this.

Yet people are picking it up in stores like HMV:confused:.Rather disappointing for pre-order customers unless it's an issue with the poster ?.

seen this happen with arrow and others and just leave me scratching my head that amazon ,hmv etc can get them out!