Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree1390Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th July 2019, 04:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Got these on order today in the sale
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 101FILMS286_alien_nation_2D_grande.jpg (64.9 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 101FILMS320_cherry_falls_2D_grande.jpg (58.1 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 101FILMS227BR_Exterminator_2_BR_grande.jpg (83.6 KB, 16 views)
Old 9th July 2019, 09:54 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Had a look at this when i saw the email at tea time. I think i bought everything i wanted in January sadly.
There's half a dozen things I want but it's bad timing for me this time.
Stephen@Cult Labs likes this.

Last edited by J Harker; 10th July 2019 at 11:14 AM.
Old 10th July 2019, 10:06 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Three great films!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 10th July 2019, 10:17 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:

Still holding out hope that they manage to find the deleted footage from Cherry Falls some day. Someone has to have it!

From an article on Bloody Disgusting a few years ago...

“So where is all of the footage that had to be cut in order to obtain the R rating? Wright insists that it still exists, stating twice in the commentary that studios never lose footage. They only misplace it. If this is indeed the case, then it’s quite possible buried below tons of lost footage in the Focus Features vault. If that is the case, Scream Factory couldn’t find it. There is still hope though. One day it might be discovered in the archives randomly, at which point Scream Factory (or another Blu-Ray distributor) can re-release the Blu-Ray with the uncut version”
Old 11th July 2019, 02:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Got this email today from 101

NEW TO THE BLACK LABEL
TWO CULT HORRORS!
The next two titles on the 101 Films Black Label will be released in August and September. A pair of gruesome cult horrors; one a David Cronenberg classic, and the other a lost gem from the early '90s. Both titles are presented in Limited Edition versions with slipcase and booklet, limited to 3000 units.

On 26th August we have RABID (1977), David Cronenberg's early classic, stacked with extras, including a brand new feature-length documentary and an audio commentary with the Soska Sisters... and on 23rd September a UK debut on any format for SKINNER (1993), starring Ted Raimi as the eponymous serial killer, in a film that was quite literally lost for several years.

A reminder that you can take advantage of our 2 for £25 offer on Black Label titles when you pre-order both, or purchase with any other title in the range.
RABID

Released 26th August 2019 on 2-disc Blu-ray
101 Films presents Rabid (1977), the enduringly tense and gruesome horror that marked a landmark in David Cronenberg’s early career. Title 009 on the 101 Films Black Label, this double Blu-ray is stacked with extras, including Part 1 of a new feature length documentary on Canadian horror film.

When Rose (Marilyn Chambers) suffers terrible injuries in a motorcycle crash, she is taken to a nearby clinic run by Dr Keloid for experimental skin-graft surgery. At first, the revolutionary procedure proves successful, but it soon leaves Rose with a strange orifice protruding from her armpit and an insatiable thirst for human blood. Hell-bent on satisfying her bloodlust, Rose leaves a trail of insane and uncontrollably aggressive victims, as the unknown virus engulfs North America in an orgy of frenetic violence.

Brand New Extras

The Quiet Revolution: State, Society and the Canadian Horror Film – Part One: Gimme Shelter: Cinepix and the Birth of the Canadian Horror Film, a brand new feature-length documentary exploring the social contexts behind Canadian horror cinema from filmmaker and author Xavier Mendik
Audio commentary with filmmakers Jen & Sylvia Soska
Limited edition booklet: Includes 'The Birth of Rabid' by Greg Dunning and ‘Stunned. Shocked. Exhilarated’: Horror in the Early Films of David Cronenberg by Alex Morris
Additional Extras

Audio commentary with writer-director David Cronenberg
Audio commentary with William Beard, author of ‘The Artist as Monster: The Cinema of David Cronenberg’
Audio interview with Jill C. Nelson, author of ‘Golden Goddesses: 25 Legendary Women Of Classic Erotic Cinema, 1968-1985’ and Marilyn Chambers' Personal Appearances Manager Ken Leicht
Young And Rabid – An interview with actress Susan Roman
Archive interview with David Cronenberg
The Directors: David Cronenberg – a 1999 documentary on the filmmaker
Interview with executive producer Ivan Reitman
Interview with co-producer Don Carmody
Trailer
Radio spots

SKINNER

Released 23rd September 2019 on Dual Format Blu-ray + DVD
101 Films presents Skinner (1993), a dark and brutal horror from director Ivan Nagy and writer Paul Hart-Wilden and title 010 on the 101 Films Black Label. Starring Ted Raimi (Spider-Man), Traci Lords (Blade), David Warshofsky (There Will Be Blood), Richard Schiff (Se7en) and Rikki Lake (Hairspray), Skinner is released for the first time in the UK on any format.

At one time thought a lost film, Skinner has been resurrected from obscurity in with a 4K restoration, so cult cinema fans can now witness this 90s horror gem in all its sinful, sleazy and violent glory.

Dennis Skinner seems like a normal enough guy but he has a very abnormal hobby. At night, he creeps through the back streets looking for potential victims, and when he finds one, carefully removes their skin with an elaborate collection of knives. Heidi, one of Dennis' victims, is on his trail, waiting for a chance to get her revenge, but in the meantime Dennis has developed a crush on Kerry and wants to find a way to show her he really cares.

Brand new extras
Limited edition booklet includes ‘Finding Skinner’ - Screenwriter Paul Hart-Wilden on the long and multi-faceted search for the ‘lost’ Skinner master
Additional extras
A Touch of Scandal - Interview with Director Ivan Nagy
Under His Skin - Interview with Star Ted Raimi
Bargain Bin VHS For A Buck - Interview with Screenwriter Paul Hart-Wilden
Cutting Skinner - Interview with Editor Jeremy Kasten
Flaying sequence out-takes and extended takes
Trailer
Pre-order now
Old 11th July 2019, 09:15 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Attached Images
File Type: jpg RABID_EXPLODED_PACK_720x.jpg (77.5 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg SKINNER_EXPLODED_PACK_720x.jpg (75.9 KB, 15 views)

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 16th July 2019, 02:45 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Big Bad Wolves release

BIG BAD WOLVES (2013)
Released Monday 19th August 2019
Released on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK, this release includes Last Night at the Empire: Big Bad Wolves at FrightFest, a brand new documentary on the background and impact of the film, and its UK premiere at FrightFest in August 2013. In closing the festival it became the last film to screen in the Empire Leicester Square’s famous main screen, before it was refurbished and split in two. The short film includes archive interview footage with the filmmakers from FrightFest, along with new interviews with those present on the night.

A series of brutal murders puts the lives of three men on a collision course: The father of the latest victim now out for revenge, a vigilante police detective operating outside the boundaries of law, and the main suspect in the killings – a religious studies teacher arrested and released due to a police blunder.

Extras:

Last Night at the Empire: Big Bad Wolves at FrightFest (NEW)
AXS TV: A Look at Big Bad Wolves
Theatrical trailer
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mail.jpg (87.2 KB, 10 views)
Old 16th July 2019, 03:09 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Big Bad Wolves release

BIG BAD WOLVES (2013)
Released on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK, this release includes Last Night at the Empire: Big Bad Wolves at FrightFest, a brand new documentary on the background and impact of the film, and its UK premiere at FrightFest in August 2013. In closing the festival it became the last film to screen in the Empire Leicester Square’s famous main screen, before it was refurbished and split in two. The short film includes archive interview footage with the filmmakers from FrightFest, along with new interviews with those present on the night.

A series of brutal murders puts the lives of three men on a collision course: The father of the latest victim now out for revenge, a vigilante police detective operating outside the boundaries of law, and the main suspect in the killings – a religious studies teacher arrested and released due to a police blunder.

Extras:

Theatrical trailer
Already have the region A bluray but will probably pick the 101 Films bluray up when it hits the sales just for the extras.
Old 16th July 2019, 07:49 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Big Bad Wolves release

BIG BAD WOLVES (2013)

Extras:

Theatrical trailer
Great film. Like mp I also have the US Blu.

Recommended for those who like their nail-biting crime thrillers with a thick vein of black comedy running through them.
Old 18th July 2019, 04:31 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Apparently yes

According to DVDCompare the 101films release was "the optically altered 'PG' version with additional compulsory cuts by the BBFC (to remove animal cruelty in a fight between a snake and a mongoose)"

I've answered my own question finally here. The 101 dual format release of SSSSSSS is totally uncut with the snake/mongoose fight cut for video intact. Quite a surprise really. I compared it to my uncut Scandinavian dvd version.
TJ Doc likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!