Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   101 Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/12955-101-films.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 18th July 2019 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark meakin (Post 607613)
I've answered my own question finally here. The 101 dual format release of SSSSSSS is totally uncut with the snake/mongoose fight cut for video intact. Quite a surprise really. I compared it to my uncut Scandinavian dvd version.

Ha,ha :lol: Susan's quoting your own website and info back at you.

Classic. :clap:

MrBarlow 7th August 2019 03:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
William Castle's Project X

On September 16th we're releasing Project X, William Castle's mind-bending 1968 sci-fi, featuring a strong cast and animated sequences courtesy of Hanna-Barbera.

Released on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK, the release also features a new commentary from film writers Allan Bryce and David Flint, and Money Back Guarantee: William Castle's Ingenious Gimmicks, a brand new documentary on the legendary director's career and his unique approach to promoting his films.

PROJECT X
Released 16th September 2019
A secret agent is brought back from cryogenic suspension after surviving a plane crash during a mission, in order to uncover a secret germ formula that had been hidden away years earlier. As part of the plan, through a complex scientific charade the agent is convinced that he’s a gangster living in the year 1968. But the vital memories are being suppressed, so the authorities use ultra-advanced technologies to uncover the secret.

Released on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK, Project X was produced and directed by cult filmmaker William Castle, and features a cast of great character actors, including Henry Jones, Harold Gould and Monte Markham.

Brand new extras

Money Back Guarantee: William Castle's Ingenious Gimmicks
Audio commentary with film writers Allan Bryce and David Flint
Pre-order now

TJ Doc 7th August 2019 05:10 PM

Quote:

I've answered my own question finally here. The 101 dual format release of SSSSSSS is totally uncut with the snake/mongoose fight cut for video intact. Quite a surprise really. I compared it to my uncut Scandinavian dvd version.

Cool, now we just need to find out if the neck break is still missing from Delta Force 2.

mark meakin 8th August 2019 12:23 PM

Quote:

Incidently I've also noted on REWIND that the Blu-ray/DVD combo of PARADISE ALLEY from 101 Films is also totally uncut, with the footage of the tied up monkey intact, that was previously cut from cinema/video & the earlier dvd releases.

mark meakin 8th August 2019 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJ Doc (Post 608894)
Cool, now we just need to find out if the neck break is still missing from Delta Force 2.

I have the Blu-ray but I'll check it even though it is probably uncut now.

EDIT:

Just checked the disc for the first time & the totally gratuitous neck-snapping is uncut, even though the film itself has been downgraded to a '15' for Bluy-ray !. The previous video cuts of the butterfly knife usage were restored for dvd as you probably know.

TJ Doc 8th August 2019 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark meakin (Post 608987)
I have the Blu-ray but I'll check it even though it is probably uncut now.

EDIT:

Just checked the disc for the first time & the totally gratuitous neck-snapping is uncut, even though the film itself has been downgraded to a '15' for Bluy-ray !. The previous video cuts of the butterfly knife usage were restored for dvd as you probably know.

Thanks! Good to finally get that cleared up. :thankingyou:

But yeah, it shouldn't be a surprise because why would a censored HD master even exist? 101 have had some real clown shoes moments, but I can't imagine them censoring a film they've licensed before submitting it to the BBFC (who I'm sure have relaxed their stance on neck breaking shenanigans).

MrBarlow 5th September 2019 03:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
THE QUEST
Released 7th October 2019
Acclaimed action superstar Jean-Claude Van Damme directs and stars in The Quest (1996), an exotic odyssey that takes him from the slums of 1920s New York to the mysterious Lost City of Tibet.

Christopher Dubois (Van Damme) is a street criminal on the run from the police, thrust into a forbidding realm of gun smugglers, pirates and an ancient, underworld martial arts competition. The legendary contest, known as the Ghan-gheng, pits the world’s deadliest fighters against each other in a furious winner-takes-all battle. Forced to compete, Dubois faces the ultimate test of manhood where one wrong move could cost him not only the competition, but his life.

Extras

NEW: ‘Roger and Me’: Actor Jack McGee on filming the Quest and working with Roger Moore
NEW: ‘The Scottish Fighter’: An interview with actor Mike Lambert
NEW: Audio commentary with martial arts cinema experts Mike Leeder and Arne Venema
Trailer
Gallery

Nostalgic 5th September 2019 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 610597)
THE QUEST
Released 7th October 2019
Acclaimed action superstar Jean-Claude Van Damme directs and stars in The Quest (1996), an exotic odyssey that takes him from the slums of 1920s New York to the mysterious Lost City of Tibet.

Christopher Dubois (Van Damme) is a street criminal on the run from the police, thrust into a forbidding realm of gun smugglers, pirates and an ancient, underworld martial arts competition. The legendary contest, known as the Ghan-gheng, pits the world’s deadliest fighters against each other in a furious winner-takes-all battle. Forced to compete, Dubois faces the ultimate test of manhood where one wrong move could cost him not only the competition, but his life.

Extras

NEW: ‘Roger and Me’: Actor Jack McGee on filming the Quest and working with Roger Moore
NEW: ‘The Scottish Fighter’: An interview with actor Mike Lambert
NEW: Audio commentary with martial arts cinema experts Mike Leeder and Arne Venema
Trailer
Gallery

A film which really grew on me. Never could figure out why it was rated 18 in the uk & PG-13 in america though.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 5th September 2019 07:15 PM

Splits in the UK at that time were maybe construed as nunchucks.....;)

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th September 2019 09:55 PM

If i recall the BBFC took exception to a double ear clap and it gained the 18 due to this. Probably thought kids would go round doing it in the school yards or some other bollocks.