Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   101 Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/12955-101-films.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th October 2019 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 614345)
Haven’t seen that either :lol:

Only films of his that I’ve seen are Scanners, Videodrome, The Dead Zone, The Fly, Dead Ringers and Crash

Some big gaps to fill, Rik. Like Justin, i really recommend Shivers.

Rik 28th October 2019 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 614348)
Some big gaps to fill, Rik. Like Justin, i really recommend Shivers.

I know, just not got round to watching that many of his films

Justin101 28th October 2019 06:03 PM

Shivers, Rabid and The Brood are all very different to Scanners/Videodrome onwards. Definately try to give them a go at some point :) All three of them are good but they are "out-there" so it's difficult to say go buy them if it's a blind buy :lol: Try Music Magpie for some cheap used DVDs :D

Rob4 28th October 2019 06:07 PM

i'd give a vote for Shivers too, although there isn't a Cronenberg I don't like besides his early experimental works.

Shivers for me doesn't get enough due. I'd rank it with Night of the Living Dead and Texas Chain Saw Massacre as a game changer.

Nostalgic 28th October 2019 07:40 PM

Love Cronnenberg, Shivers, Rabid & The Brood were constantly on bbc 1 or 2 when i was a teenager, my brother taped them, i didn't "get it" at the time but could tell they were important, then i saw Existenz at the cinema & was blown away! Sadly nobody else in the universe seemed to have seen it until the internet turned up lol!

I definately think he changed the direction of horror cinema, shame part 2 of e doc is only on e blu as I've just got the dvd (obviously, film could be terrible, lets be honest!).

We'll see......

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 28th October 2019 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 614345)
Haven’t seen that either :lol:

Only films of his that I’ve seen are Scanners, Videodrome, The Dead Zone, The Fly, Dead Ringers and Crash

Do yourself a favour mate go on a triple bill back to back....Shivers, Rabid & The Brood.:werewolf:

Graveyard 28th October 2019 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 614369)
Do yourself a favour mate go on a triple bill back to back....Shivers, Rabid & The Brood.:werewolf:

I thought The Brood was boring.. :spell: but Shivers & Rabid are classics

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 29th October 2019 05:44 PM

Ollie Reed....murderous midgets......mutant production line...what's not to like?

gag 29th October 2019 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob4 (Post 614353)
i'd give a vote for Shivers too, although there isn't a Cronenberg I don't like besides his early experimental works.

Shivers for me doesn't get enough due. I'd rank it with Night of the Living Dead and Texas Chain Saw Massacre as a game changer.

Cronenberg my favourite director,

I've tried with cosmopolis and map to the stars and just couldn't get into either ,
As for game changer its Scanners and Videodrome to me .

Demdike@Cult Labs 29th October 2019 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 614429)
Cronenberg my favourite director,

I've tried with cosmopolis and map to the stars and just couldn't get into either ,
As for game changer its Scanners and Videodrome to me .

I thought Maps was excellent but agree with you on Cosmopolis.