Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   101 Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/12955-101-films.html)

Nostalgic 17th November 2019 08:50 PM

So Rabid on 101 is rated 15, on Arrow it's 18....any difference or just re-rated?

gag 17th November 2019 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 614345)
Haven’t seen that either :lol:

Only films of his that I’ve seen are Scanners, Videodrome, The Dead Zone, The Fly, Dead Ringers and Crash

Really need to binge more on Cronenberg he a genius by far and love all his film except the later few after Eastern promise , before that can't say a single one I dislike .

Nostalgic 19th November 2019 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 615607)
Really need to binge more on Cronenberg he a genius by far and love all his film except the later few after Eastern promise , before that can't say a single one I dislike .

I've got Shivers, Rabid, The Brood out all stacked up. On a seperate pile I have Videodrome & Existenz. Fly boxset (Australian blu, not sure how scream factory can improve on this) is in loft, think i'll have a Fly-A-Thon in the near future....:woot:

Susan Foreman 5th December 2019 05:26 PM

'Runaway' - Blu-Ray pre-order at Amazon UK - £13.61

Release date - February 17, 2020

"Written and directed by Michael Crichton (Westworld) and starring Tom Selleck and Cynthia Rhodes, Runaway (1984) is released on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK.

In the near future, a police officer specializes in malfunctioning robots. When a robot turns out to have been programmed to kill, he begins to uncover a homicidal plot to create killer robots... and his son becomes a target."

Susan Foreman 5th December 2019 05:31 PM

'Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone' - Blu-Ray pre-order at Amazon UK - £13.61

Release date - February 17, 2020

"Cult sci-fi from 1983 starring Peter Strauss, Molly Ringwald and Ernie Hudson, released on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK.

On a distant planet inhabited by mutants, two bounty-hunters race to rescue three Earth female captives from the clutches of an evil mutant warlord."

However, there is no mention on whether this is going to be the 2D version, the 3D version or both

Susan Foreman 5th December 2019 05:34 PM

'Sign O' The Times' - Blu-Ray pre-order at Amazon UK - £13.61

Release date - January 13, 2020

"Prince and his band bring his Grammy Nominated Album of the Year "Sign O' The Times" to life in one of the greatest concert films ever made. This ground-breaking movie is punctuated with specially-filmed, dramatic vignettes and captures Prince at the peak of his musical powers. "

nosferatu42 5th December 2019 05:45 PM

I really like Spacehunter it's a quite silly but more juvenile mad max style sci fi cheesefest featuring Micheal Ironside as the main bad guy.:woot:

If i didn't already own a region 1 release i'd be all over this.

I might pick up Runaway though that's another enjoyable cheesy film that i haven't seen for years.

Good to see these VHS era obscurities being released over here finally.:cool:

Rob4 5th December 2019 06:00 PM

not seen any rumours of Spacehunter 3D restoration. Surprised Indicator passed this one up?

Stephen@Cult Labs 5th December 2019 08:26 PM

The US blu of Spacehunter is cropped. Unless this is a new restoration (even if it isn't in 3D), and the same cropped version, it's a pretty pointless release.

Demoncrat 5th December 2019 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostalgic (Post 615605)
So Rabid on 101 is rated 15, on Arrow it's 18....any difference or just re-rated?

Additional features sometimes push up the rating? Just a thought ... ;)