Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   101 Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/12955-101-films.html)

Rob4 12th July 2017 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 541417)
You know when you have one of those days?

Well i'm clearly having one now. I too own the classic sci fi set. I only bought it and watched it last year. :doh: Can't have been very memorable. :o

I'll go away now.

to be fair TLU only sticks in my mind because i saw it as a child where all my most vivid memories are stored. when i watch stuff i haven't seen before as an adult it has to be pretty sensational for it to stick.

nosferatu42 12th July 2017 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 541417)
You know when you have one of those days?

Well i'm clearly having one now. I too own the classic sci fi set. I only bought it and watched it last year. :doh: Can't have been very memorable. :o

I'll go away now.

I've got those too and didn't realise i had that film, the title doesn't sell itself too well, might have to give it a watch now.:nod:

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th July 2017 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 541442)
I've got those too and didn't realise i had that film, the title doesn't sell itself too well, might have to give it a watch now.:nod:

I thought i would do tonight as well. :lol:

Inspector Abberline 15th July 2017 07:50 AM

mole

1 Attachment(s)
Another quality 101 release, double sided cover and mini poster....

Attachment 192585

Rob4 15th July 2017 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline (Post 541891)

Attachment 192585

looks like they are going to work through the old Universal Sci-Fi boxsets. like i said though, it is likely someone like Kino will pick these up in US and add audio commentaries, so if you are multi-region, it might be worth hanging on a little while.

Steel76 15th July 2017 08:42 AM

I can't find any of these new releases on their website.
Or have they made a new one?

Stephen@Cult Labs 15th July 2017 09:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Been waiting to see if they use the original art on Into The Night. Need to find out who designs their covers through. Listing the extras on the front is silly, just as it was in the early days of dvd over here (even though 101 do it a little better).

Attachment 192587

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th July 2017 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline (Post 541891)

Attachment 192585

Love that poster. I can imagine that framed in my summer house. What dimensions is it?

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th July 2017 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob4 (Post 541897)
looks like they are going to work through the old Universal Sci-Fi boxsets. like i said though, it is likely someone like Kino will pick these up in US and add audio commentaries, so if you are multi-region, it might be worth hanging on a little while.

They can't be releasing them all as The Monolith Monsters was only released by Screenbound last summer.

Dave Boy 16th July 2017 08:42 AM

THE LAND UNKNOWN is defiantly worth another look for those who have forgotten about it. Perfect for a lazy Sunday afternoon :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI_Nu_LNRY0

mark meakin 18th July 2017 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline (Post 540695)
I'm not sure what the criteria is for them including posters but both SSSSSS and Tarantula have them. Which I really like although does not justify the higher price, but still nice any way.

Attachment 192393

Does anyone have the specs for the SSSSSSS (Dual Format) release ?.I'm a moderator on REWIND & I'm assuming the climax where the mongoose fights with 'Benedict' in snake form is still cut for animal cruelty, like the old CIC video release.Any help with RTs of movie & extras plus audio specs would be appreciated. :thankingyou:

Inspector Abberline 18th July 2017 06:25 PM

ssssssssss

I compared it with my region one Universal dvd,and it looks identical to me,when the sheriff shots the head off the cobra that kills Strother Martin,the fight between the snake and mongoose which follows looks the same to me.

mark meakin 20th July 2017 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline (Post 542455)
I compared it with my region one Universal dvd,and it looks identical to me,when the sheriff shots the head off the cobra that kills Strother Martin,the fight between the snake and mongoose which follows looks the same to me.

Interesting as this is a 'staged' fight & would normally be cut by the BBFC or pre cut by the distributor.If the head shot to the cobra was real it would probably pass as a 'quick kill' but I think it was faked.The BBFC only cut the final fight.

mark meakin 20th July 2017 08:42 AM

If you have the full specs for both the UK dvd & blu-ray to add to REWIND they would be appreciated.I emailed 101 Films to see if it was still cut a few days ago but no reply so far.I may contact the BBFC as the cuts may have been at least reduced as they usually over cut for video.However if you have the old uncut R1 like me & it seems identical who knows.

Justin101 30th July 2017 05:56 PM

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rollercoast...=rollercoaster

So excited for this, I wanted to import the US disc but it's Shout Factory therefore locked! Hopefully it'll hit a tenner before release date.

J Harker 18th August 2017 03:27 PM

Looks like 101 are putting out Bob Clark's Black Christmas. Its up for preorder at Amazon.

Demdike@Cult Labs 18th August 2017 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 546742)
Looks like 101 are putting out Bob Clark's Black Christmas. Its up for preorder at Amazon.

For the first time on Blu-ray in the UK comes this classic 70s festive slasher horror!

It's time for Christmas break, and the sorority sisters make plans for the holiday, but the strange anonymous phone calls are beginning to put them on edge. When Clare disappears, they contact the police, who don't express much concern. Meanwhile Jess is planning to get an abortion, but boyfriend Peter is very much against it. The police finally begin to get concerned when a 13-year-old girl is found dead in the park. They set up a wiretap to the sorority house, but will they be in time to prevent a sorority girl attrition problem?

Extras include:

• Audio Commentary with director Bob Clark
• Audio Commentary with actors John Saxon and Keir Dullea
• Audio Commentary with Billy (actor Nick Mancuso)
• Audio interview with director Bob Clark
• NEW Film and Furs – Remembering Black Christmas with Art Hindle
• NEW Victims and Virgins – Remembering Black Christmas with Lynne Griffin
• Black Christmas Legacy
• 40th Anniversary Panel at FanExpo 2014 featuring John Saxon, Art Hindle, Lynne Griffin & Nick Mancuso
• On Screen!: Black Christmas featurette
• 12 Days of Black Christmas featurette
• Black Christmas Revisited featurette
• Archival Interviews with Olivia Hussey, Art Hindle, Margot Kidder, Bob Clark, & John Saxon
• Midnight Screening Q&A with Bob Clark, John Saxon and Carl Zittrer
• Original Theatrical Trailers (English and French)

Rik 18th August 2017 04:09 PM

That actually looks like a decent release, might have to rethink my post about it on the other thread and upgrade after all :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 18th August 2017 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 546771)
That actually looks like a decent release, might have to rethink my post about it on the other thread and upgrade after all :lol:

I went to the Amazon page expecting to post a sarcastic comment about a trailer to go with the poster others mentioned. I was a little stunned to say the least when i saw the list of extras. :lol:

Rik 18th August 2017 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 546779)
I went to the Amazon page expecting to post a sarcastic comment about a trailer to go with the poster others mentioned. I was a little stunned to say the least when i saw the list of extras. :lol:

They must have just updated the listing, because when I searched for it and saw the ridiculous price tag of £22.99, there wasn't any extras listed

Demoncrat 18th August 2017 06:12 PM

"It's MINE ... Billy" ;)

SOLD.

J Harker 18th August 2017 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 546783)
They must have just updated the listing, because when I searched for it and saw the ridiculous price tag of £22.99, there wasn't any extras listed

Thats what i thought.

TJ Doc 18th August 2017 10:05 PM

I'm slightly concerned about this since Scream Factory had to initiate a replacement program for their release due to a botched mono track.

Here's hoping we get a direct port of Scream's second pressing.

J Harker 18th August 2017 10:39 PM

I'm still amazed 101 are putting out a disc with so many extras.

trebor8273 20th August 2017 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 546765)
For the first time on Blu-ray in the UK comes this classic 70s festive slasher horror!

It's time for Christmas break, and the sorority sisters make plans for the holiday, but the strange anonymous phone calls are beginning to put them on edge. When Clare disappears, they contact the police, who don't express much concern. Meanwhile Jess is planning to get an abortion, but boyfriend Peter is very much against it. The police finally begin to get concerned when a 13-year-old girl is found dead in the park. They set up a wiretap to the sorority house, but will they be in time to prevent a sorority girl attrition problem?

Extras include:

• Audio Commentary with director Bob Clark
• Audio Commentary with actors John Saxon and Keir Dullea
• Audio Commentary with Billy (actor Nick Mancuso)
• Audio interview with director Bob Clark
• NEW Film and Furs – Remembering Black Christmas with Art Hindle
• NEW Victims and Virgins – Remembering Black Christmas with Lynne Griffin
• Black Christmas Legacy
• 40th Anniversary Panel at FanExpo 2014 featuring John Saxon, Art Hindle, Lynne Griffin & Nick Mancuso
• On Screen!: Black Christmas featurette
• 12 Days of Black Christmas featurette
• Black Christmas Revisited featurette
• Archival Interviews with Olivia Hussey, Art Hindle, Margot Kidder, Bob Clark, & John Saxon
• Midnight Screening Q&A with Bob Clark, John Saxon and Carl Zittrer
• Original Theatrical Trailers (English and French)

are we sure this is a 101 films release with all those extras? will have to look outside for flying pigs!

Nostalgic 20th August 2017 04:25 PM

I don't know if i even own any 101 titles, lol!
Does anybody have a list (or link to a list) of what they've put out so far?
Will be getting this if all the extras are there!

bleakshaun 6th October 2017 08:17 PM

Just looking on amazon, noticed 101 films are releasing this
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Jeepers-Cre...+films+blu+ray

Sent from my MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro using Tapatalk

Justin101 6th October 2017 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleakshaun (Post 553283)
Just looking on amazon, noticed 101 films are releasing this
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Jeepers-Cre...+films+blu+ray

Dammit, I thought it was going to a collection of all 3 when I saw the link :(

bleakshaun 6th October 2017 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 553285)
Dammit, I thought it was going to a collection of all 3 when I saw the link :(

You and me both

Rik 6th October 2017 08:29 PM

Can’t see it selling well, I’ve not read a single decent review of the film and most people would rather not line the pockets of someone with a past like Victor Salva.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bleakshaun 6th October 2017 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 553288)
Can’t see it selling well, I’ve not read a single decent review of the film and most people would rather not line the pockets of someone with a past like Victor Salva.

Not only that, but £20.00 and probably no features

Rik 6th October 2017 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleakshaun (Post 553292)
Not only that, but £20.00 and probably no features

And that :nod:

bleakshaun 6th October 2017 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 553293)
And that :nod:

Of course though not as significant as the whole dirty perv obviously

trebor8273 6th October 2017 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 553288)

This, I will not give that vile man any money .

Rik 6th October 2017 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 553298)
This, I will not give that vile man any money .

Me neither, I’ll watch the Jeepers Creepers films if they’re on TV, but I refuse to have them in my collection :nod:

Boo Radley 7th October 2017 05:36 PM

Victor Silva is a vile man. Paedophiles should be castrated and buried under
the prison, no argument from me.
BUT... I keep reading comments all over the net about how people will not buy or watch his films so I have a couple of questions for all these fine upstanding moral citizens who are procrastinating themselves as Social Justice Warriors of the film world.....

Does this mean these same people will never watch or buy a Roman Polanski movie again? What about Woody Allen? Or is it alright to be a paedophile if your films have "artistic merit"? Are they never going to watch Return of the Living Dead again because Brian Peck plead guilty to paedophile accusations? How about the Disney corporation because the list of accusations against them is legendary or how about boycotting Hollywood films altogether because the continuous accusations of a paedophile ring abusing young kids has been going on for decades, just ask Todd Bridges, Corey Haim or Macauley Culkin.

There is a deafening silence about these other vile humans, why?

Demdike@Cult Labs 7th October 2017 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boo Radley (Post 553388)
Victor Silva is a vile man. Paedophiles should be castrated and buried under
the prison, no argument from me.
BUT... I keep reading comments all over the net about how people will not buy or watch his films so I have a couple of questions for all these fine upstanding moral citizens who are procrastinating themselves as Social Justice Warriors of the film world.....

Does this mean these same people will never watch or buy a Roman Polanski movie again? What about Woody Allen? Or is it alright to be a paedophile if your films have "artistic merit"? Are they never going to watch Return of the Living Dead again because Brian Peck plead guilty to paedophile accusations? How about the Disney corporation because the list of accusations against them is legendary or how about boycotting Hollywood films altogether because the continuous accusations of a paedophile ring abusing young kids has been going on for decades, just ask Todd Bridges, Corey Haim or Macauley Culkin.

There is a deafening silence about these other vile humans, why?

Well said, Boo.

Inspector Abberline 7th October 2017 06:11 PM

?

The Woody Allen aspect is abit of red herring, he hasn't actually broke any laws,he certainly is not wanted for anything in the US courts...morale he may be reprehensible but apart one obviously incident (he runs of with his adopted daughter,there not blood related ..) there has been alot of mud slinging by certain people but no evidence as such.,.Jerry Lee Lewis married a 13yr old in the 1950s which was legal in Mississippi I believe. Theresa a world of difference between fact and the bullshit we get in tabloids.

trebor8273 7th October 2017 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 553389)
Well said, Boo.

Yes, they make excellent points, sadly it seems to be common place in Hollywood I remember the documentary on channel 4 some years back about the young stars mentioned being groomed by executives, I couldn't watch the whole program it was so sicking and upsetting.

Boo Radley 7th October 2017 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline (Post 553395)
The Woody Allen aspect is abit of red herring, he hasn't actually broke any laws,he certainly is not wanted for anything in the US courts...morale he may be reprehensible but apart one obviously incident (he runs of with his adopted daughter,there not blood related ..) there has been alot of mud slinging by certain people but no evidence as such .... Theresa a world of difference between fact and the bullshit we get in tabloids.

True, but there are some undeniable facts too, such as;

Allen had been in therapy for alleged inappropriate behaviour toward Dylan with a child psychologist before the abuse allegation was presented to the authorities or made public. Mia Farrow had instructed her babysitters that Allen was never to be left alone with Dylan. Dylan was 7 years old....

Allen refused to take a polygraph administered by the Connecticut state police.

Allen subsequently lost four exhaustive court battles—a lawsuit, a disciplinary charge against the prosecutor, and two appeals.

In his 33-page decision, Judge Wilk found that Mr Allen’s behaviour toward Dylan was “grossly inappropriate and that measures must be taken to protect her."

Allen changed his story about the attic where the abuse allegedly took place. First, Allen told investigators he had never been in the attic where the alleged abuse took place. After his hair was found on a painting in the attic, he admitted that he might have stuck his head in once or twice. A top investigator concluded that his account was not credible.

Allen then ran away and married Dylans sister.

A People magazine interview from 1976 Allen states, "I'm open-minded about sex. I'm not above reproach; if anything, I'm below reproach. I mean, if I was caught in a love nest with fifteen 12-year-old girls tomorrow, people would think, yeah, I always knew that about him."

A lot of smoke there even if you can't see the flames....