Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   101 Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/12955-101-films.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th May 2021 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark meakin (Post 651993)

There are no woods, in the desert set PLAY DIRTY !. JUst some decent performances from the likes of Michael Caine & Nigel Davenport. I like it myself, but each to their own.

Yeah that was me. Confusing it for Hornet's Nest.

MrBarlow 20th May 2021 02:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/atta...1&d=1621520396

On 5th July we're releasing haunted house hazing horror HELL NIGHT (1981) on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK, title 020 on the 101 Films Black Label. Directed by Tom DeSimone (Reform School Girls, Angel III: The Final Chapter), this slasher classic benefits from a talented young cast including Linda Blair (The Exorcist), Vincent Van Patten (Rock ‘N’ Roll High School), Peter Barton (Friday The 13th: The Final Chapter) and Kevin Brophy (The Seduction).

Special features include limited edition slipcase and booklet, with new writing on the film, plus interviews with cast and filmmakers.

HELL NIGHT
Released 5th July 2021
As an initiation rite into Alpha Sigma Rho fraternity, four pledges must spend a night in Garth Manor, twelve years to the day after the previous resident murdered his entire family. Two of the pledges, Marti and Jeff ignore the rumors that the now-deserted mansion is haunted by a crazed killer, until one by one, members of their group mysteriously disappear. Could this be a part of a fraternity prank ... or is a demented former tenant seeking revenge? When this seemingly innocent night turns deadly, these college students will do anything to survive Hell Night.

SPECIAL FEATURES
• Transfer from a 4K scan of the best surviving archival 35mm film print with minor SD inserts to replace missing footage • Limited edition booklet: Includes The Scare Blair Bunch: Hell Night, Linda Blair and the Rise of the American Sorority Slasher by Andrew Graves and Haunted Houses on Film by Barry Forshaw • Linda Blair: The Beauty of Horror • Hell Nights with Tom DeSimone • Peter Barton: Facing Fear • Producing Hell with Bruce Cohn Curtis • Writing Hell with Randy Feldman • Vincent Van Patten and Suki Goodwin in conversation • Kevin Brophy and Jenny Neumann in conversation • Gothic Design in Hell Night • Anatomy of the Death Scenes • On Location at Kimberly Crest • Theatrical Trailer • TV Spots • Radio Spot • Photo Gallery

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th May 2021 02:29 PM

Just saw that via email.

It's not the greatest film but i like it. Watched it loads of times during Halloween marathons. A definite purchase for me.

Lovely Linda *sigh*

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th May 2021 02:31 PM

It's actually missing the commentary from Linda Blair and Irwin Yablans. That's poor. Another i'll have to keep the dvd for.

MrBarlow 20th May 2021 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 652483)
Just saw that via email.

It's not the greatest film but i like it. Watched it loads of times during Halloween marathons. A definite purchase for me.

Lovely Linda *sigh*

It's one I'm upgrading to, cheesy as fcuk but one I enjoy

Justin101 20th May 2021 02:54 PM

I bought the DVD to watch 2 Halloweens ago and still haven't, I will probably buy this Blu though and watch it this year!

Justin101 20th May 2021 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 652484)
It's actually missing the commentary from Linda Blair and Irwin Yablans. That's poor. Another i'll have to keep the dvd for.

It looks like a direct port of the Scream Factory disc which does have the comm track so it might have just been missed off the blurb :)

davcol 20th May 2021 03:17 PM

I haven't seen Hell Night in about 30 years. The only thing I remember about it was Linda Blairs tight fitting corset.

MrBarlow 20th May 2021 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davcol (Post 652494)
I haven't seen Hell Night in about 30 years. The only thing I remember about it was Linda Blairs tight fitting corset.

That is certainly the best part of the film.

Rob4 20th May 2021 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davcol (Post 652494)

mmm Linda Blair... tight fitting corset... well, that's the fence sitting over with ;)