Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   101 Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/12955-101-films.html)

J Harker 6th January 2016 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 473106)
Jack the Giant Killer is a good film...if you can get past the appalling cover art.

My region one release is slightly better as is 101's collectors edition.

I've not seen that film in nearly 30 years.

Deadite 6th January 2016 06:25 PM

Yeah, really like Jack the Giant Killer. Quite spooky in places.

Susan Foreman 6th January 2016 06:34 PM

I always thought that the poem/incantation

"From the land beyond, beyond.
From the world past hope and fear.
I bid you genie now appear"

was in Jack The Giant Killer (when Jack calls up the pixie in the bottle), but according to IMDB, it's from 'The Seventh Voyage Of Sinbad"

Either way, Jack is a classic fantasy film

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 16th March 2016 07:00 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Nice to see 101 changing their Blus.
8TH May according to Amazon.
Let's hope the Irish logos stay away!
Reversible sleeve and poster!

BAKA 21st August 2016 03:04 PM

Didn't realise they had their own webstore. Ordered Exterminator 2 and Solar Warriors at £8 each on blu-ray. Free shipping too.

trebor8273 21st August 2016 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 502178)
Didn't realise they had their own webstore. Ordered Exterminator 2 and Solar Warriors at £8 each on blu-ray. Free shipping too.

Ordered them as well cheaper than any place else especially exterminator 2. Shame 88films store can't be as cheap as this. Also this way they should see more more money

Critter 1st January 2017 07:44 PM

Not sure if these have been officially announced somewhere (apologies if so), but was just trawling Amazon for new releases when I noticed that 101 Films have apparently got some corkers coming up in 2017. Amazon is listing entries for THE ALLIGATOR PEOPLE, ALIEN NATION and THE HOWLING(!).

I would link but apparently I haven't posted enough for that kind of shenanigans. Boo.

EDIT: Nothing on their Facebook or Twitter pages as yet.

Demdike@Cult Labs 1st January 2017 11:02 PM

That'll mean a bare bones release for The Howling. I'll stick with my original UK special edition dvd.

Critter 1st January 2017 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 515554)
That'll mean a bare bones release for The Howling. I'll stick with my original UK special edition dvd.

I have that and Scream Factory's DVD (don't have a multi-region blu-ray player, sadly), but I might drop some cash on it if they port some special features over from other releases. I imagine ALIEN NATION will be bare bones, which is a shame - it's a really underrated film...

J Harker 1st January 2017 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 515554)

Yeah they can keep it.