Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   101 Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/12955-101-films.html)

Inspector Abberline 7th October 2017 06:52 PM

Into the Night

1 Attachment(s)
Into the Night .....

Before this thread gets stuck in cul de sac...
into the night brilliant and funny thriller by John Landis,great PQ on the 101 disc,but sweet FA on the extras front,except for a poster.....go figure as the Americans might say...

Into the Night

J Harker 7th October 2017 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline (Post 553400)
Into the Night .....

Before this thread gets stuck in cul de sac...
into the night brilliant and funny thriller by John Landis,great PQ on the 101 disc,but sweet FA on the extras front,except for a poster.....go figure as the Americans might say...

Into the Night

Pleased to hear the quality on this one is decent Inspector. I will have to grab this soon. Has tremendous nostalgia value for me even if i can barely remember it. Into the Night was the first videotape me and my dad ever bought after getting our first (toploading) VCR.

Inspector Abberline 7th October 2017 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 553422)
Pleased to hear the quality on this one is decent Inspector. I will have to grab this soon. Has tremendous nostalgia value for me even if i can barely remember it. Into the Night was the first videotape me and my dad ever bought after getting our first (toploading) VCR.

Yeah its such a great film with loads of cameos in it,just a shame 101 could not put some effort into this release...:graveconcern:

J Harker 7th October 2017 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline (Post 553423)
Yeah its such a great film with loads of cameos in it,just a shame 101 could not put some effort into this release...:graveconcern:

Nowt new there. I ain't paying £15 quid for it though.

Nostalgic 10th October 2017 08:33 PM

Does anyone think black christmas might come down from £22.99 as it seems a lot for a standard special edition?
Same with arrow's romero box, staying at £50 everywhere!

trebor8273 10th October 2017 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostalgic (Post 553871)
Does anyone think black christmas might come down from £22.99 as it seems a lot for a standard special edition?
Same with arrow's romero box, staying at £50 everywhere!

Pretty sure black Christmas will before launch its very expensive for one blu ray, Romero box not sure , if it doesn't sell out quickly I can see it dropping as £50 is a lot for 3 movies and a book, if it's anything like Phantasm it could drop quickly

trebor8273 11th October 2017 10:56 AM

black Christmas seems to have new artwork

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Black-Chris...S9485F32KKVFES

J Harker 11th October 2017 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 553932)
black Christmas seems to have new artwork

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Black-Chris...S9485F32KKVFES

Looks shite

trebor8273 11th October 2017 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 553943)
Looks shite

it does, with any luck the other artwork will be on the reverse. but its still £8-10 to expensive

TJ Doc 11th October 2017 01:36 PM

I swear I'm gonna start a petition to have this place renamed 'Cover Art Police Labs'. :deadhorse:

Anyway, that seems to have been cannibalised from the Scream Factory artwork. Hopefully this also means 101 won't be listing extras on their front covers any more.

J Harker 11th October 2017 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJ Doc (Post 553971)
I swear I'm gonna start a petition to have this place renamed 'Cover Art Police Labs'. :deadhorse:

Anyway, that seems to have been cannibalised from the Scream Factory artwork. Hopefully this also means 101 won't be listing extras on their front covers any more.

Seeing as they seem to be starting to including them on the disc they probably realise they don't need to point out trailers and chapter selection on the front cover.

Justin101 18th October 2017 11:04 AM

Black Christmas is only £7.99 on pre-order at the moment, I decided that even though I have the German release on Capelight I'd pick this up for the Scream Factory extras which are being ported over.

keirarts 18th October 2017 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 554808)
Black Christmas is only £7.99 on pre-order at the moment, I decided that even though I have the German release on Capelight I'd pick this up for the Scream Factory extras which are being ported over.

Nice spotting! Ordered

Nostalgic 18th October 2017 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 554808)

Where is it £7.99? Can only see it for £15 everywhere

Rik 18th October 2017 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostalgic (Post 554872)
Where is it £7.99? Can only see it for £15 everywhere

It was £7.99 on Amazon earlier

keirarts 18th October 2017 08:48 PM

It's up to £14.99 now.

Glad I jumped on it earlier. Must have been a pricing error.

Justin101 18th October 2017 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 554875)
It's up to £14.99 now.

Glad I jumped on it earlier. Must have been a pricing error.

It was a price match with HMV so they might have been trolling Amazon :lol:

Nostalgic 30th October 2017 04:29 PM

Just an observation but on the 101 website, black christmas only has four special features listed. And on amazon, no special features are listed (whereas previously it listed the whole lot mentioned in this thread).

keirarts 30th October 2017 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostalgic (Post 556076)
Just an observation but on the 101 website, black christmas only has four special features listed. And on amazon, no special features are listed (whereas previously it listed the whole lot mentioned in this thread).

For £7.99 I can live with that.

Justin101 30th October 2017 05:55 PM

The 4 which are listed are the main 4 from the Scream Factory release, it doesn't look like it has the comm tracks, but we'll see what happens, like Keirarts says, it's worth a go at £8.00

Susan Foreman 30th October 2017 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostalgic (Post 556076)
Just an observation but on the 101 website, black christmas only has four special features listed

The extras listed are:
  • Film and Furs: Remembering Black Christmas with Art Hindle
  • Victims and Virgins: Remembering Black Christmas with Lynne Griffin
  • Black Christmas Legacy
  • Original TV and Radio spots

Think I'll stick with my Tartan Terror release, which has:
  • Commentary with director Bob Clark
  • Alternative opening sequences, with the titles 'Silent Night, Evil Night' and 'Stranger in the House'
  • Black Christmas Revisited documentary, lasting 36 minutes
  • 'All Through the House' contianing footage of the Black Christmas house
  • Art and photo gallery
  • Radio and TV spots

Nostalgic 30th October 2017 10:00 PM

Yep, I've also got the Tartan release (need to dig it out as it's buried under the prom night series & april fool's day).
101 release won't be worth the £15 rrp if it only has those 4 extras, would have it at £8 though.

trebor8273 30th October 2017 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 556105)
The extras listed are:
  • Film and Furs: Remembering Black Christmas with Art Hindle
  • Victims and Virgins: Remembering Black Christmas with Lynne Griffin
  • Black Christmas Legacy
  • Original TV and Radio spots

Think I'll stick with my Tartan Terror release, which has:
  • Commentary with director Bob Clark
  • Alternative opening sequences, with the titles 'Silent Night, Evil Night' and 'Stranger in the House'
  • Black Christmas Revisited documentary, lasting 36 minutes
  • 'All Through the House' contianing footage of the Black Christmas house
  • Art and photo gallery
  • Radio and TV spots

What happened too all the extras listed on this page,can't say I'm surprised that we aren't getting all those extras it is 101 after all

https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/oth...-films-18.html

iank 30th October 2017 10:01 PM

I'm more interested in the transfer personally.

trebor8273 30th October 2017 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iank (Post 556124)
I'm more interested in the transfer personally.

Pretty sure it will be the exact same transfer as the shout factory release.

But even those cut down extras are a 100 times better than what is usual included. But saying that i will just stick with the tartan release also, it's not worth £15

iank 30th October 2017 10:37 PM

Yeah, but the Shout is supposedly the best one. The only reason I haven't got it is because you can't actually get it direct from Shout in Aus and their initial batch had some audio issues, so I don't fancy buying it off ebay and ending up with one of the early defective ones.

J Harker 31st October 2017 08:46 AM

Did seem odd that 101 should suddenly go all out on extras. When i asked them about extra features on their releases before they told me they had no plans to start including such things.

Nostalgic 31st October 2017 09:10 AM

I'm guessing there's no other release that has all the shout extras and is region b friendly?

trebor8273 31st October 2017 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostalgic (Post 556146)
I'm guessing there's no other release that has all the shout extras and is region b friendly?

closet in terms of extras appears too be the German release.

Rewind @ www.dvdcompare.net - Black Christmas AKA Silent Night Evil Night AKA Stranger In The House (Blu-ray) (1974)

Justin101 31st October 2017 09:34 AM

I have the German release and will be getting the 101 release so between the two I should have almost everything :lol:

Nostalgic 31st October 2017 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 556149)
I have the German release and will be getting the 101 release so between the two I should have almost everything :lol:

Looking at the comparison, you're right! The Black Christmas Revisited doc on the Tartan release covers a lot though, do I now buy 2 releases just to watch all the extras available? Lol!

Rik 18th November 2017 01:07 PM

Black Christmas has been dispatched from Amazon, gonna save it until Christmas though, other half has never seen it so we’ll be adding it to the pile of Christmas films that come out every year :nod:

Justin101 18th November 2017 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 557709)
Black Christmas has been dispatched from Amazon, gonna save it until Christmas though, other half has never seen it so we’ll be adding it to the pile of Christmas films that come out every year :nod:

My card has been charged but it's not dispatched, I take it you're not a prime member? Mine is showing expected Wednesday :lol: Which is why I'm letting my Prime membership run it's course and I've switched all of my pre-orders to Zoom and HMV. This happens loads now, I'm still waiting for my items when I could have just bought it in store.

Rik 18th November 2017 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 557733)
My card has been charged but it's not dispatched, I take it you're not a prime member? Mine is showing expected Wednesday :lol: Which is why I'm letting my Prime membership run it's course and I've switched all of my pre-orders to Zoom and HMV. This happens loads now, I'm still waiting for my items when I could have just bought it in store.

Yeah, I never renewed my Prime membership the last time it expired, even though I can still get it for £40 a year despite not being a student for over 2 years.
I’ve started using HMV more now too :nod:

Demdike@Cult Labs 18th November 2017 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 557737)
Yeah, I never renewed my Prime membership the last time it expired, even though I can still get it for £40 a year despite not being a student for over 2 years.
I’ve started using HMV more now too :nod:

It doesn't bother me that they have a ten pound minimum on free postage as i just add a cheap Odeon film from this list https://store.hmv.com/fopp/hollywood...ge=1&view=grid and everyone's happy.

Rik 18th November 2017 05:38 PM

Only criticism I’ve got with HMV at the minute is the fact I’m still waiting for my deluxe edition of the new Maiden live album that I preordered weeks ago!
Decided to cancel my order with Amazon and order from HMV instead for the Pure Points, bit me on the ass though seeing as my mates copy arrived from Amazon a few days ago and he’s not a Prime member either!

Justin101 18th November 2017 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 557744)
Only criticism I’ve got with HMV at the minute is the fact I’m still waiting for my deluxe edition of the new Maiden live album that I preordered weeks ago!
Decided to cancel my order with Amazon and order from HMV instead for the Pure Points, bit me on the ass though seeing as my mates copy arrived from Amazon a few days ago and he’s not a Prime member either!

I think that's down to the Royal Mail being shit at the moment, I'm waiting on 2 packages which I know were posted at the start of the week. It's usually a lot faster. We're not even into 'Christmas Post' yet either.

Demdike@Cult Labs 18th November 2017 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 557748)
I think that's down to the Royal Mail being shit at the moment, I'm waiting on 2 packages which I know were posted at the start of the week. It's usually a lot faster. We're not even into 'Christmas Post' yet either.

Ditto!

Rik 18th November 2017 05:59 PM

Probably right, I’m just impatient :lol:

Although, I won something on eBay on Wednesday night and it wasn’t due to arrive until Monday or Tuesday (Royal Mail 2nd Class postage) and it arrived yesterday, hit and miss at the minute.
And, like Justin says, we’re not even into the Christmas Chaos yet!

Susan Foreman 20th November 2017 06:57 PM

Black Christmas | The Digital Fix

Film 8 out of 10
Video 6 out of 10
Audio 8 out of 10
Extras 8 out of 10