Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   101 Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/12955-101-films.html)

TJ Doc 2nd January 2017 01:27 AM

How the hell did these hacks get Howling? There can't have been a bidding war, because they would have been utterly steamrollered by the bigger labels.

And the Alien Nation news sucks too because it'll probably be missing the alien language subtitles just like the currently available Australian and German Blu-rays.

Booooo! :mob:

Stephen@Cult Labs 2nd January 2017 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJ Doc (Post 515559)
How the hell did these hacks get Howling? There can't have been a bidding war, because they would have been utterly steamrollered by the bigger labels.

And the Alien Nation news sucks too because it'll probably be missing the alien language subtitles just like the currently available Australian and German Blu-rays.

Booooo! :mob:

Well, they now own Hollywood Classics, who handle the distribution rights of MGM, Universal & Fox titles, so it looks like I was probably right about what would happen, they'll take first pick at titles themselves.

Rob4 2nd January 2017 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 515577)
Well, they now own Hollywood Classics, who handle the distribution rights of MGM, Universal & Fox titles, so it looks like I was probably right about what would happen, they'll take first pick at titles themselves.

forgot about that. lousy start to 2017. Arrow said last year that they had entered into a deal to bring MGM titles to the UK - hopefully that still stands!?

trebor8273 2nd January 2017 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 515577)

Bad news as quite a few good titles could get the usual poor treatment from 101.

Critter 2nd January 2017 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 515583)
Bad news as quite a few good titles could get the usual poor treatment from 101.

Well, in that case I guess there's some good news on THE HOWLING front - they've confirmed that ALLIGATOR PEOPLE and ALIEN NATION are legit, but their 'Howling' movie is not Joe Dante's THE HOWLING. I suppose it's probably a retitled werewolf movie or a supermarket cash-in on THE WAILING.

Hammer time 2nd January 2017 02:41 PM

You have to needed a non uk release of the howling if you want all the uncensored extras, i do not see that changing when the howling comes out here on blu

J Harker 2nd January 2017 03:18 PM

To be fair The Howling is a bit rubbish anyway.

Critter 2nd January 2017 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 515594)
To be fair The Howling is a bit rubbish anyway.

Well, if you reckon the 1981 HOWLING is bad...

I've just found an entry on IMDb for a 2017 British werewolf film titled HOWLING. I'm assuming that's the movie 101 are distributing now that they've confirmed it's not the Joe Dante version. Apparently it was shot in Ipswich...

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 2nd January 2017 06:32 PM

It will be that film.One of those dtv pissers they're famous for.......

It's either that or it's a film about a pub toilet in the barras area of Glasgow... ;)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 9th February 2017 05:26 PM

Coming March/April....

TRUCK TURNER
EARTHQUAKE
TWO MINUTE WARNING
FX
FX 2
SKY RIDERS
ALIEN NATION