LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th July 2022, 01:05 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Default August 22nd.

Death Stalker I & II coming in August.

DEATHSTALKER

Deathstalker (1983) tells the tale of a mighty warrior (Richard Hill) tasked to battle the dark forces within a fantastic kingdom. Embarking on a journey to a brutally challenging tournament, Deathstalker seeks its magnificent spoils: the throne of the wicked wizard Munkar, an unstoppable mystical power, and the love of the beautiful Princess Codille (Barbi Benton). But first, Deathstalker must prove himself worthy of his legacy… with danger and treachery lurking at every turn.

Special Features
• Commentary with director James Sbardellati, special makeup effects artist John Carl Buechler, and actor Richard Brooker
• Theatrical trailer
• Photo gallery
• English subtitles

DEATHSTALKER II

In Deathstalker II (1987), the legendary swordsman (John Terlesky) finds his battle isn't over yet as he must save the kingdom from the iron grip of the tyrannical Jarek and the seductive Sultana. Together they have ruled the land by creating an evil doppelganger of the lovely Princess Evie (Monique Gabrielle). Enlisted into the service of the real Princess Evie, our courageous hero must now return her to her rightful place of power… but can even the dynamic Deathstalker defeat Jarek?

Special Features
• Commentary with director Jim Wynorski, and actors John Terlesky and Toni Naples
• Theatrical trailer
• English subtitles

Attached Images
File Type: jpg unnamed.jpg (103.4 KB, 95 views)
Old 12th July 2022, 02:05 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post

DEATHSTALKER

Deathstalker (1983) tells the tale of a mighty warrior (Richard Hill) tasked to battle the dark forces within a fantastic kingdom. Embarking on a journey to a brutally challenging tournament, Deathstalker seeks its magnificent spoils: the throne of the wicked wizard Munkar, an unstoppable mystical power, and the love of the beautiful Princess Codille (Barbi Benton). But first, Deathstalker must prove himself worthy of his legacy… with danger and treachery lurking at every turn.

Special Features
• Commentary with director James Sbardellati, special makeup effects artist John Carl Buechler, and actor Richard Brooker
• Theatrical trailer
• Photo gallery
• English subtitles

DEATHSTALKER II

In Deathstalker II (1987), the legendary swordsman (John Terlesky) finds his battle isn't over yet as he must save the kingdom from the iron grip of the tyrannical Jarek and the seductive Sultana. Together they have ruled the land by creating an evil doppelganger of the lovely Princess Evie (Monique Gabrielle). Enlisted into the service of the real Princess Evie, our courageous hero must now return her to her rightful place of power… but can even the dynamic Deathstalker defeat Jarek?

Special Features
• Commentary with director Jim Wynorski, and actors John Terlesky and Toni Naples
• Theatrical trailer
• English subtitles

It is the golden axe live action? Jokes aside, love this cover, the movie is any good?

Old 12th July 2022, 02:11 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard View Post
It is the golden axe live action? Jokes aside, love this cover, the movie is any good?

I like the movies. They really don't live up to Boris Vallejo's artwork though.

I have them both already on a Shout Factory dvd along with two other tits, swords and sorcery epics but i will be upgrading. Oh yes.
g053584398 and Graveyard like this.
Old 12th July 2022, 03:31 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
I like the movies. They really don't live up to Boris Vallejo's artwork though.

I have them both already on a Shout Factory dvd along with two other tits, swords and sorcery epics but i will be upgrading. Oh yes.
But what could live up to the quality of Boris Vallejo's beautiful airbrush paintings? I've been a fan of his work since I was a kid. I loved Roger Dean's stuff as well.

I'll be upgrading too, although those two are already available from Germany.
Old 12th July 2022, 03:58 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Pre-order available from 101 Films direct - £18:00

Release date: August 22
MrBarlow likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 12th July 2022, 05:36 PM
Active Cultist

The first one I thought was quite boring. The second is a lot of fun and is Jim's second best film after chopping mall.
Old 12th July 2022, 07:40 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Used to have that on a Scream Fact ltd bd....

Time to revisit it.....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 12th July 2022, 09:18 PM
Seasoned Cultist

101 Films are putting out some interesting titles, certainly not under the radar anymore.
Old 17th July 2022, 07:06 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default 101 Films

Watched She Freak earlier (and the extras).

Surely the BBFC have made a mistake with the 12 certificate for the whole package?, mainly due to the "The Laughing, Leering, Lampooning Lures of David F. Friedman" trailers compilation.

97 minutes of trailers full of nudity (some of it full frontal).
Old 17th July 2022, 09:28 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Watched She Freak earlier (and the extras).

Surely the BBFC have made a mistake with the 12 certificate for the whole package?, mainly due to the "The Laughing, Leering, Lampooning Lures of David F. Friedman" trailers compilation.

97 minutes of trailers full of nudity (some of it full frontal).
97 Minutes of Trailers, interesting, possibly treat it as a Grindhouse Trailer Classics type of thing.
Stephen@Cult Labs likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!