Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   101 Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/12955-101-films.html)

platostotal 9th February 2017 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 520546)
Coming March/April....

TRUCK TURNER
EARTHQUAKE
TWO MINUTE WARNING
FX
FX 2
SKY RIDERS
ALIEN NATION

All of those thank you very much, Haven't seen Sky Riders since VHS days, that's a solid line-up for 101.

J Harker 24th February 2017 10:40 PM

Not sure if this will matter to anyone or not but 101 have confirmed via FB that their upcoming blu of Alien Nation will not include subtitles for the alien dialogue.

Stephen@Cult Labs 24th February 2017 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 522525)
Not sure if this will matter to anyone or not but 101 have confirmed via FB that their upcoming blu of Alien Nation will not include subtitles for the alien dialogue.



Oh it matters. I asked them about it a week ago on Twitter, and they said they weren't aware of it, but they'd "try" and get them on there. I knew there was no way they'd do it in time. Guess we have to wait for Twilight Time to release theirs.

J Harker 24th February 2017 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 522526)
Oh it matters. I asked them about it a week ago on Twitter, and they said they weren't aware of it, but they'd "try" and get them on there. I knew there was no way they'd do it in time. Guess we have to wait for Twilight Time to release theirs.

It's not a film I've that familiar with having only seen it the once. I'm assuming the dialogue in question should have forced subtitles during the relevant scenes? Is it possible that the disc will include optional subtitles that could be toggled on and off for these scenes? Poor though that would admittedly be.

Stephen@Cult Labs 25th February 2017 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 522529)
It's not a film I've that familiar with having only seen it the once. I'm assuming the dialogue in question should have forced subtitles during the relevant scenes? Is it possible that the disc will include optional subtitles that could be toggled on and off for these scenes? Poor though that would admittedly be.



Yeah, there are a few scenes where there should be subtitles when the newcomers are speaking in their own language. 101 don't have optional subtitles. Don't think any of their releases have them.

J Harker 25th February 2017 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 522539)
Yeah, there are a few scenes where there should be subtitles when the newcomers are speaking in their own language. 101 don't have optional subtitles. Don't think any of their releases have them.

Another one they can keep then. You happen to know anything about their FX releases yet Stephen?

trebor8273 25th February 2017 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 522525)
Not sure if this will matter to anyone or not but 101 have confirmed via FB that their upcoming blu of Alien Nation will not include subtitles for the alien dialogue.

Can't say I'm surprised as 101 don't seem to go the extra effort of arrow, powerhouse and 88 films. Just look at there lord of the illussions , why even bother releasing the thetrical version and not the far superior directors cut, if shout factory got it I can t see why they coudnt .

Stephen@Cult Labs 25th February 2017 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 522540)
Another one they can keep then. You happen to know anything about their FX releases yet Stephen?



I don't, i'm afraid.

Stephen@Cult Labs 25th February 2017 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 522639)
Can't say I'm surprised as 101 don't seem to go the extra effort of arrow, powerhouse and 88 films. Just look at there lord of the illussions , why even bother releasing the thetrical version and not the far superior directors cut, if shout factory got it I can t see why they coudnt .


Or only releasing the cut R-rated version of Pray For Death. [emoji50]

mr 420 25th February 2017 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 522657)
Or only releasing the cut R-rated version of Pray For Death. [emoji50]

Or being misleading on their cover of Exterminator 2, saying that it's the uncut version when in fact that it's actually the R-rated cut which was further cut by the BBFC. :nono:


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.