Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   101 Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/12955-101-films.html)

g053584398 18th August 2022 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 674965)
Bought Aunt Martha and Wiced World today.

Was watching Zodiac Killer last night on a double bill with The Town That Dreaded Sundown.....

Some classic dialogue in there.....

No one calls me a bald headed bastard and gets away with it!

I like 'em plump and juicy and dumb!

Hello? Who? Oh. Listen, bitch, I'll get the kid a few toys for Christmas, so don't bug me!

:pound:

They sure don't make 'em like they used to, more is the pity!

Stephen@Cult Labs 19th August 2022 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 674965)
Bought Aunt Martha and Wiced World today.

Was watching Zodiac Killer last night on a double bill with The Town That Dreaded Sundown.....

Some classic dialogue in there.....

No one calls me a bald headed bastard and gets away with it!

I like 'em plump and juicy and dumb!

Hello? Who? Oh. Listen, bitch, I'll get the kid a few toys for Christmas, so don't bug me!

:pound:

Bought them both today.

Have to say that I haven't been disappointed with any of these AGFA release, probably because I buy them knowing exactly what i'm going to get. Case in point, I watched Barry J. Gillis' Things on The Last Drive-In with Joe Bob Briggs, so know exactly what to expect with Wicked World.

Demoncrat 19th August 2022 10:13 PM

Oh, WW is a world away from Things ... visually :laugh:
I await your review keenly .....

Stephen@Cult Labs 19th August 2022 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 675004)
Oh, WW is a world away from Things ... visually :laugh:
I await your review keenly .....

Ok, I did give it a quick spin, and yes, it is visually superior (but that's not saying a lot [emoji23])

Demoncrat 19th August 2022 11:09 PM

Hence the emphasis ;)

I have a few of Gillis' things now. They are all their own genre imho. :nod::rolleyes:

MrBarlow 24th August 2022 04:36 PM

2 Attachment(s)
NEW TO THE BLACK LABEL

101 Films presents Ghostwatch (1992), a BBC production that terrified Britain on 31st October 1992, released on Blu-ray for the first time.

Despite being part of BBC Drama's Screen One series, the presence of trusted presenters, along with the quality of the production, convinced thousands of people that the events depicted on screen were genuine, and taking place live.

Title 028 on the 101 Films Black Label, this 30th anniversary edition includes a new documentary on the making of Ghostwatch, a new commentary, limited edition packaging featuring newly commissioned artwork, a booklet with new writing on the film and more.

An inspiration to a generation of filmmakers, and years ahead of the profusion of found footage movies that would follow, Ghostwatch is regarded as a classic of the genre and remains as relevant, as terrifying, and as inspirational today.

http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/atta...1&d=1661358432

GHOSTWATCH

Released 31st October 2022

Sarah Greene and Craig Charles report from a reputedly haunted London home for the outside broadcast, while Michael Parkinson and Mike Smith stay in the warmth and "safety" of a BBC studio. The Early family are allegedly being harassed by the ghost 'Pipes', so named as his banging and crashing were initially attributed to bad plumbing. After a deliberately slow start the tension gradually builds, culminating in a terrifying crescendo. Although entirely fictional, the masterly combination of great scripting, intuitive direction and perfect casting made the supernatural pastiche appear frighteningly real.

SPECIAL FEATURES
• ‘Do You Believe In Ghosts?’, a brand new 30th anniversary documentary on the Ghostwatch phenomenon • Commentary with film historians Shellie McMurdo and Stella Gaynor • Commentary with writer Stephen Volk, producer Ruth Baumgarten and director Lesley Manning • Shooting Reality by Lesley Manning • Limited Edition Booklet: Includes ‘Extra Sensory Perception Management’ by Sarah Appleton, ‘Ghostwatch – As it Happened’ by Tim Murray and short story ‘31/10’ by Ghostwatch writer Stephen Volk • Reproduced script, annotated by director Lesley Manning • Set of six art cards • Newly commissioned artwork

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 24th August 2022 04:45 PM

Perhaps shamefully, I've never seen Ghost Watch, so that looks like a stellar release to rectify that and provide me with some new viewing for Halloween.

nicholasrope 24th August 2022 04:57 PM

I know it probably doesn't make a difference but it's released on the same day as Top Gun: Maverick

Susan Foreman 15th September 2022 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 675168)
NEW TO THE BLACK LABEL

101 Films presents Ghostwatch (1992), a BBC production that terrified Britain on 31st October 1992, released on Blu-ray for the first time.

Despite being part of BBC Drama's Screen One series, the presence of trusted presenters, along with the quality of the production, convinced thousands of people that the events depicted on screen were genuine, and taking place live.

Title 028 on the 101 Films Black Label, this 30th anniversary edition includes a new documentary on the making of Ghostwatch, a new commentary, limited edition packaging featuring newly commissioned artwork, a booklet with new writing on the film and more.

An inspiration to a generation of filmmakers, and years ahead of the profusion of found footage movies that would follow, Ghostwatch is regarded as a classic of the genre and remains as relevant, as terrifying, and as inspirational today.

http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/atta...1&d=1661358432

GHOSTWATCH

Released 31st October 2022

Sarah Greene and Craig Charles report from a reputedly haunted London home for the outside broadcast, while Michael Parkinson and Mike Smith stay in the warmth and "safety" of a BBC studio. The Early family are allegedly being harassed by the ghost 'Pipes', so named as his banging and crashing were initially attributed to bad plumbing. After a deliberately slow start the tension gradually builds, culminating in a terrifying crescendo. Although entirely fictional, the masterly combination of great scripting, intuitive direction and perfect casting made the supernatural pastiche appear frighteningly real.

SPECIAL FEATURES
• ‘Do You Believe In Ghosts?’, a brand new 30th anniversary documentary on the Ghostwatch phenomenon • Commentary with film historians Shellie McMurdo and Stella Gaynor • Commentary with writer Stephen Volk, producer Ruth Baumgarten and director Lesley Manning • Shooting Reality by Lesley Manning • Limited Edition Booklet: Includes ‘Extra Sensory Perception Management’ by Sarah Appleton, ‘Ghostwatch – As it Happened’ by Tim Murray and short story ‘31/10’ by Ghostwatch writer Stephen Volk • Reproduced script, annotated by director Lesley Manning • Set of six art cards • Newly commissioned artwork

The US Collector’s Edition Blu-ray of this has been delayed until December 13

MrBarlow 21st December 2022 05:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Releasing in February on 2-disc Blu-ray, for the first time in the UK, 2010 documentary NEVER SLEEP AGAIN: THE ELM STREET LEGACY the definitive account of modern cinema’s eternal bogeyman and what has been called the most frightening and imaginative horror franchise in motion picture history!

NEVER SLEEP AGAIN

http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/atta...1&d=1671642372

THE ELM STREET LEGACY

Released 6th February 2023

Bastard son of a hundred maniacs. Any way you slice it, there can only be one man–one monster–who epitomizes those words: Freddy Krueger.

For decades, Freddy has slashed his way through the dreams of countless youngsters and shows no signs of ever resting in peace. A Nightmare on Elm Street star Heather Langenkamp is your dream guide in this thrilling “shockumentary” that takes you deeper into Freddy Krueger’s realm than ever before, featuring never-before-seen photos, behind-the-scenes footage, conceptual art, publicity materials and exclusive new interviews with over 100 key cast and crew from every Nightmare: Wes Craven, Robert Englund, Heather Langenkamp, Jack Sholder, Mark Patton, Kim Myers, Chuck Russell, Jennifer Rubin, Renny Harlin, Lisa Wilcox, Tuesday Knight, Stephen Hopkins, Kelly Jo Minter, Rachel Talalay, Lisa Zane, Alice Cooper, Patrick Lussier, Miko Hughes, Monica Keena, Brendan Fletcher, Ronny Yu and many more.

Special Features
Commentary with directors Andrew Kasch and Daniel Farrands, writer Thommy Hutson, and cinematographer Buz Danger Wallick
Slashed Scenes: Extended Interviews with Cast and Crew
For the Love of the Glove
Fred Heads: The Ultimate Freddy Fans
Horror’s Hallowed Grounds: Return to Elm Street
Freddy vs. The Angry Video Game Nerd
Expanding the Elm Street Universe: Freddy in Comics and Novels
The Music of the Nightmare: Conversations with Composers and Songwriters
Elm Street’s Poster Boy: The Art of Matthew Joseph Peak
A Nightmare on Elm Street in 10 Minutes
First Look: Heather Langenkamp’s “I Am Nancy”
Teaser trailer