Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   101 Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/12955-101-films.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th January 2019 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 595931)
How are people finding delivery times on the sale? I ordered last Tuesday. No sign of my stuff yet.

I ordered things on Sunday the 6th and they turned up on Thursday or Friday last week so took under a week.

I got a shipping email and the discs arrived via Hermes.

J Harker 14th January 2019 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 595933)
I ordered things on Sunday the 6th and they turned up on Thursday or Friday last week so took under a week.

I've got the order confirmation but 6 days and no dispatch email.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 14th January 2019 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 595933)

Same.

J Harker 15th January 2019 03:03 PM

Yeah definitely something up. I put a second order in yesterday which has been dispatched today.

J Harker 16th January 2019 01:53 AM

I suspect I've queried this before but I'm afraid I'm getting senile. Does anyone know how badly cut the 101 releases of the Sho Kusogi movies Pray For Death and Rage of Honour actually are?

monkeypedro 16th January 2019 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 596009)
I suspect I've queried this before but I'm afraid I'm getting senile. Does anyone know how badly cut the 101 releases of the Sho Kusogi movies Pray For Death and Rage of Honour actually are?

Rage of Honor is Uncut but the 101 release of Pray For Death is the R rated version slightly trimming some of the violence by seconds from the unrated cut.

J Harker 16th January 2019 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeypedro (Post 596010)
Rage of Honor is Uncut but the 101 release of Pray For Death is the R rated version slightly trimming some of the violence by seconds from the unrated cut.

Thanks Monkeypedro!

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 16th January 2019 09:42 PM

Coming 25th Feb:

http://i65.tinypic.com/160pog4.jpg

Brand New Extras
Life is Pain... An interview with writer Tom Holland
Limited edition booklet: Includes 'Future Retro: The Punk Culture and 1980s SciFi' by Scott Harrison and 'And Pain is Everything: An interview with director Mark L. Lester' by Phillip Escott

Additional Extras
Commentary with director Mark L. Lester
Do What You Love - A career retrospective of Perry King
History Repeats Itself - An interview with director Mark Lester and composer Lalo Schifrin
Blood and Blackboards - Interviews with cast and crew
Girls Next Door - Interviews with actors Erin Noble and Lisa Langlois
Trailer and TV spots
Stills gallery

Yay - glad I held of from importing the Shout disc.

markchro 28th January 2019 07:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just to confirm that the rest of my order from the Sale arrived today! YAYYY! B-Movie-tastic!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 13th February 2019 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 596093)

Arrived today direct from 101! :clap:

Rik 5th March 2019 06:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Haven't seen this film since I saw it on release in the cinema as a kid, so might be tempted to buy this:

***NEW TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT***
Coming soon to Blu-ray from 101 Films in the UK! Howard The Duck Limited Edition Blu-ray!
PRE-ORDER: https://bit.ly/2C6Z9aD
Brand New Extras
Howard: A New Cult Hero: Vic Pratt on Howard the Duck
Commentary with Wil Jones and Robert J.E. Simpson
Commentary with Charlie Brigden and Dan Whitehead
Limited edition booklet: includes 'How ‘The Duck Who Couldn’t Swim’ Survived a Sinking Ship' by Lister Appleton and 'The Madness of King George' by Charlie Brigden
Additional Extras
A Look Back at Howard the Duck
Releasing the Duck News Featurette
The Stunts of Howard the Duck
The Special Effects of Howard the Duck
The Music of Howard the Duck
Teasers

Attachment 213098

Nostalgic 7th March 2019 02:41 PM

My wife will be happy, lol!

Demdike@Cult Labs 2nd April 2019 05:46 PM

101 have limited signed blu's of Bait and Before Dawn on offer at a tenner each.

https://101-films-store.myshopify.co...eid=2d567ca266

https://101-films-store.myshopify.co...13-signed-copy

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th June 2019 12:56 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Coming in August.

Rob4 5th June 2019 05:45 PM

nice, but will the US extras be ported?

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th June 2019 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob4 (Post 604753)
nice, but will the US extras be ported?

Does it matter when you'll be able to pick em' up for a fiver each in their January sale?

J Harker 8th July 2019 09:07 PM

Sale now on
https://101-films-store.myshopify.com/collections/sale

Graveyard 8th July 2019 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 607102)
Sale now on

Funny enough Base it's doing the same, everyone can save 0.01p :lol:

https://www.base.com/dvd/pg735/bn100...pgCMG735%2D2=1

Demdike@Cult Labs 8th July 2019 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 607102)
Sale now on

Had a look at this when i saw the email at tea time. I think i bought everything i wanted in January sadly.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 9th July 2019 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 607108)
Had a look at this when i saw the email at tea time. I think i bought everything i wanted in January sadly.

Same here. :nod:

There are a few upcoming titles that I'm interested in though, so there's always next Jan's sale.

MrBarlow 9th July 2019 04:03 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Got these on order today in the sale

J Harker 9th July 2019 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 607108)

There's half a dozen things I want but it's bad timing for me this time.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 10th July 2019 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 607134)

Three great films!

Stephen@Cult Labs 10th July 2019 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 607134)

Still holding out hope that they manage to find the deleted footage from Cherry Falls some day. Someone has to have it!

From an article on Bloody Disgusting a few years ago...

“So where is all of the footage that had to be cut in order to obtain the R rating? Wright insists that it still exists, stating twice in the commentary that studios never lose footage. They only misplace it. If this is indeed the case, then it’s quite possible buried below tons of lost footage in the Focus Features vault. If that is the case, Scream Factory couldn’t find it. There is still hope though. One day it might be discovered in the archives randomly, at which point Scream Factory (or another Blu-Ray distributor) can re-release the Blu-Ray with the uncut version”

MrBarlow 11th July 2019 02:05 PM

Got this email today from 101

NEW TO THE BLACK LABEL
TWO CULT HORRORS!
The next two titles on the 101 Films Black Label will be released in August and September. A pair of gruesome cult horrors; one a David Cronenberg classic, and the other a lost gem from the early '90s. Both titles are presented in Limited Edition versions with slipcase and booklet, limited to 3000 units.

On 26th August we have RABID (1977), David Cronenberg's early classic, stacked with extras, including a brand new feature-length documentary and an audio commentary with the Soska Sisters... and on 23rd September a UK debut on any format for SKINNER (1993), starring Ted Raimi as the eponymous serial killer, in a film that was quite literally lost for several years.

A reminder that you can take advantage of our 2 for £25 offer on Black Label titles when you pre-order both, or purchase with any other title in the range.
RABID

Released 26th August 2019 on 2-disc Blu-ray
101 Films presents Rabid (1977), the enduringly tense and gruesome horror that marked a landmark in David Cronenberg’s early career. Title 009 on the 101 Films Black Label, this double Blu-ray is stacked with extras, including Part 1 of a new feature length documentary on Canadian horror film.

When Rose (Marilyn Chambers) suffers terrible injuries in a motorcycle crash, she is taken to a nearby clinic run by Dr Keloid for experimental skin-graft surgery. At first, the revolutionary procedure proves successful, but it soon leaves Rose with a strange orifice protruding from her armpit and an insatiable thirst for human blood. Hell-bent on satisfying her bloodlust, Rose leaves a trail of insane and uncontrollably aggressive victims, as the unknown virus engulfs North America in an orgy of frenetic violence.

Brand New Extras

The Quiet Revolution: State, Society and the Canadian Horror Film – Part One: Gimme Shelter: Cinepix and the Birth of the Canadian Horror Film, a brand new feature-length documentary exploring the social contexts behind Canadian horror cinema from filmmaker and author Xavier Mendik
Audio commentary with filmmakers Jen & Sylvia Soska
Limited edition booklet: Includes 'The Birth of Rabid' by Greg Dunning and ‘Stunned. Shocked. Exhilarated’: Horror in the Early Films of David Cronenberg by Alex Morris
Additional Extras

Audio commentary with writer-director David Cronenberg
Audio commentary with William Beard, author of ‘The Artist as Monster: The Cinema of David Cronenberg’
Audio interview with Jill C. Nelson, author of ‘Golden Goddesses: 25 Legendary Women Of Classic Erotic Cinema, 1968-1985’ and Marilyn Chambers' Personal Appearances Manager Ken Leicht
Young And Rabid – An interview with actress Susan Roman
Archive interview with David Cronenberg
The Directors: David Cronenberg – a 1999 documentary on the filmmaker
Interview with executive producer Ivan Reitman
Interview with co-producer Don Carmody
Trailer
Radio spots

SKINNER

Released 23rd September 2019 on Dual Format Blu-ray + DVD
101 Films presents Skinner (1993), a dark and brutal horror from director Ivan Nagy and writer Paul Hart-Wilden and title 010 on the 101 Films Black Label. Starring Ted Raimi (Spider-Man), Traci Lords (Blade), David Warshofsky (There Will Be Blood), Richard Schiff (Se7en) and Rikki Lake (Hairspray), Skinner is released for the first time in the UK on any format.

At one time thought a lost film, Skinner has been resurrected from obscurity in with a 4K restoration, so cult cinema fans can now witness this 90s horror gem in all its sinful, sleazy and violent glory.

Dennis Skinner seems like a normal enough guy but he has a very abnormal hobby. At night, he creeps through the back streets looking for potential victims, and when he finds one, carefully removes their skin with an elaborate collection of knives. Heidi, one of Dennis' victims, is on his trail, waiting for a chance to get her revenge, but in the meantime Dennis has developed a crush on Kerry and wants to find a way to show her he really cares.

Brand new extras
Limited edition booklet includes ‘Finding Skinner’ - Screenwriter Paul Hart-Wilden on the long and multi-faceted search for the ‘lost’ Skinner master
Additional extras
A Touch of Scandal - Interview with Director Ivan Nagy
Under His Skin - Interview with Star Ted Raimi
Bargain Bin VHS For A Buck - Interview with Screenwriter Paul Hart-Wilden
Cutting Skinner - Interview with Editor Jeremy Kasten
Flaying sequence out-takes and extended takes
Trailer
Pre-order now

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 11th July 2019 09:15 PM

2 Attachment(s)
:cool:

MrBarlow 16th July 2019 02:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Big Bad Wolves release

BIG BAD WOLVES (2013)
Released Monday 19th August 2019
Released on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK, this release includes Last Night at the Empire: Big Bad Wolves at FrightFest, a brand new documentary on the background and impact of the film, and its UK premiere at FrightFest in August 2013. In closing the festival it became the last film to screen in the Empire Leicester Square’s famous main screen, before it was refurbished and split in two. The short film includes archive interview footage with the filmmakers from FrightFest, along with new interviews with those present on the night.

A series of brutal murders puts the lives of three men on a collision course: The father of the latest victim now out for revenge, a vigilante police detective operating outside the boundaries of law, and the main suspect in the killings – a religious studies teacher arrested and released due to a police blunder.

Extras:

Last Night at the Empire: Big Bad Wolves at FrightFest (NEW)
AXS TV: A Look at Big Bad Wolves
Theatrical trailer

monkeypedro 16th July 2019 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 607529)
Big Bad Wolves release

BIG BAD WOLVES (2013)
Released on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK, this release includes Last Night at the Empire: Big Bad Wolves at FrightFest, a brand new documentary on the background and impact of the film, and its UK premiere at FrightFest in August 2013. In closing the festival it became the last film to screen in the Empire Leicester Square’s famous main screen, before it was refurbished and split in two. The short film includes archive interview footage with the filmmakers from FrightFest, along with new interviews with those present on the night.

A series of brutal murders puts the lives of three men on a collision course: The father of the latest victim now out for revenge, a vigilante police detective operating outside the boundaries of law, and the main suspect in the killings – a religious studies teacher arrested and released due to a police blunder.

Extras:

Theatrical trailer

Already have the region A bluray but will probably pick the 101 Films bluray up when it hits the sales just for the extras.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 16th July 2019 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 607529)
Big Bad Wolves release

BIG BAD WOLVES (2013)

Extras:

Theatrical trailer

Great film. Like mp I also have the US Blu.

Recommended for those who like their nail-biting crime thrillers with a thick vein of black comedy running through them.

mark meakin 18th July 2019 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 575071)
Apparently yes

According to DVDCompare the 101films release was "the optically altered 'PG' version with additional compulsory cuts by the BBFC (to remove animal cruelty in a fight between a snake and a mongoose)"

I've answered my own question finally here. The 101 dual format release of SSSSSSS is totally uncut with the snake/mongoose fight cut for video intact. Quite a surprise really. I compared it to my uncut Scandinavian dvd version.

Demdike@Cult Labs 18th July 2019 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark meakin (Post 607613)
I've answered my own question finally here. The 101 dual format release of SSSSSSS is totally uncut with the snake/mongoose fight cut for video intact. Quite a surprise really. I compared it to my uncut Scandinavian dvd version.

Ha,ha :lol: Susan's quoting your own website and info back at you.

Classic. :clap:

MrBarlow 7th August 2019 03:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
William Castle's Project X

On September 16th we're releasing Project X, William Castle's mind-bending 1968 sci-fi, featuring a strong cast and animated sequences courtesy of Hanna-Barbera.

Released on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK, the release also features a new commentary from film writers Allan Bryce and David Flint, and Money Back Guarantee: William Castle's Ingenious Gimmicks, a brand new documentary on the legendary director's career and his unique approach to promoting his films.

PROJECT X
Released 16th September 2019
A secret agent is brought back from cryogenic suspension after surviving a plane crash during a mission, in order to uncover a secret germ formula that had been hidden away years earlier. As part of the plan, through a complex scientific charade the agent is convinced that he’s a gangster living in the year 1968. But the vital memories are being suppressed, so the authorities use ultra-advanced technologies to uncover the secret.

Released on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK, Project X was produced and directed by cult filmmaker William Castle, and features a cast of great character actors, including Henry Jones, Harold Gould and Monte Markham.

Brand new extras

Money Back Guarantee: William Castle's Ingenious Gimmicks
Audio commentary with film writers Allan Bryce and David Flint
Pre-order now

TJ Doc 7th August 2019 05:10 PM

Quote:

Cool, now we just need to find out if the neck break is still missing from Delta Force 2.

mark meakin 8th August 2019 12:23 PM

Quote:

Incidently I've also noted on REWIND that the Blu-ray/DVD combo of PARADISE ALLEY from 101 Films is also totally uncut, with the footage of the tied up monkey intact, that was previously cut from cinema/video & the earlier dvd releases.

mark meakin 8th August 2019 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJ Doc (Post 608894)
Cool, now we just need to find out if the neck break is still missing from Delta Force 2.

I have the Blu-ray but I'll check it even though it is probably uncut now.

EDIT:

Just checked the disc for the first time & the totally gratuitous neck-snapping is uncut, even though the film itself has been downgraded to a '15' for Bluy-ray !. The previous video cuts of the butterfly knife usage were restored for dvd as you probably know.

TJ Doc 8th August 2019 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark meakin (Post 608987)
I have the Blu-ray but I'll check it even though it is probably uncut now.

EDIT:

Just checked the disc for the first time & the totally gratuitous neck-snapping is uncut, even though the film itself has been downgraded to a '15' for Bluy-ray !. The previous video cuts of the butterfly knife usage were restored for dvd as you probably know.

Thanks! Good to finally get that cleared up. :thankingyou:

But yeah, it shouldn't be a surprise because why would a censored HD master even exist? 101 have had some real clown shoes moments, but I can't imagine them censoring a film they've licensed before submitting it to the BBFC (who I'm sure have relaxed their stance on neck breaking shenanigans).

MrBarlow 5th September 2019 03:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
THE QUEST
Released 7th October 2019
Acclaimed action superstar Jean-Claude Van Damme directs and stars in The Quest (1996), an exotic odyssey that takes him from the slums of 1920s New York to the mysterious Lost City of Tibet.

Christopher Dubois (Van Damme) is a street criminal on the run from the police, thrust into a forbidding realm of gun smugglers, pirates and an ancient, underworld martial arts competition. The legendary contest, known as the Ghan-gheng, pits the world’s deadliest fighters against each other in a furious winner-takes-all battle. Forced to compete, Dubois faces the ultimate test of manhood where one wrong move could cost him not only the competition, but his life.

Extras

NEW: ‘Roger and Me’: Actor Jack McGee on filming the Quest and working with Roger Moore
NEW: ‘The Scottish Fighter’: An interview with actor Mike Lambert
NEW: Audio commentary with martial arts cinema experts Mike Leeder and Arne Venema
Trailer
Gallery

Nostalgic 5th September 2019 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 610597)
THE QUEST
Released 7th October 2019
Acclaimed action superstar Jean-Claude Van Damme directs and stars in The Quest (1996), an exotic odyssey that takes him from the slums of 1920s New York to the mysterious Lost City of Tibet.

Christopher Dubois (Van Damme) is a street criminal on the run from the police, thrust into a forbidding realm of gun smugglers, pirates and an ancient, underworld martial arts competition. The legendary contest, known as the Ghan-gheng, pits the world’s deadliest fighters against each other in a furious winner-takes-all battle. Forced to compete, Dubois faces the ultimate test of manhood where one wrong move could cost him not only the competition, but his life.

Extras

NEW: ‘Roger and Me’: Actor Jack McGee on filming the Quest and working with Roger Moore
NEW: ‘The Scottish Fighter’: An interview with actor Mike Lambert
NEW: Audio commentary with martial arts cinema experts Mike Leeder and Arne Venema
Trailer
Gallery

A film which really grew on me. Never could figure out why it was rated 18 in the uk & PG-13 in america though.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 5th September 2019 07:15 PM

Splits in the UK at that time were maybe construed as nunchucks.....;)

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th September 2019 09:55 PM

If i recall the BBFC took exception to a double ear clap and it gained the 18 due to this. Probably thought kids would go round doing it in the school yards or some other bollocks.