Like Tree1390Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th October 2015, 09:02 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default 101 Films - Cult Movie Collection

Asked 101 on Facebook if there was any chance of them offering reversible art without ratings/banners etc, as I think they have some of the "busiest" covers out there, and they had this to say...

"We're looking into different artwork and special packaging for future catalogue titles. We'll confirm details nearer release dates"

Nice to know that they're at least looking into different things.
TJ Doc and Demdike@Cult Labs like this.

Last edited by Stephen@Cult Labs; 28th October 2015 at 10:37 PM.
Old 28th October 2015, 10:13 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Asked 101 on Facebook if there was any chance of them offering reversible art without ratings/banners etc, as I think they have some of the "busiest" covers out there, and they just had this to say...

"We're looking into different artwork and special packaging for future catalogue titles. We'll confirm details nearer release dates"

Nice to know that they're at least looking into different things.
Let's hope they can. After all it may be the difference between the range becoming collectible or dying a death.
Old 29th October 2015, 05:04 PM
Cultist

These were on offer at Fopp for a fiver each last month so I picked up all of the blu-rays. Honestly out of my collection they're probably the least appealing to me but on watching a few I've been pleasantly surprised. Specifically I enjoyed Ironheart quite a bit and Sabotage was surprisingly good. Also the Robert Englund version of Phantom of the Opera is well worth a watch.

All in all not the most amazing films but a lot are of the kind that are unlikely to see another blu-ray release so worth a pop if the price is right.. I watch on a projector with 110' screen and have no complaints about quality but then I'm not the most fussy of people so others may think otherwise.

EDIT: Black Eagle is an absolute turd. Avoid at all costs
MacBlayne likes this.

Last edited by harryd; 29th October 2015 at 05:29 PM.
Old 29th October 2015, 07:17 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryd View Post
EDIT: Black Eagle is an absolute turd. Avoid at all costs
Old 29th October 2015, 08:21 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
It really is a stinker!
Old 3rd November 2015, 11:14 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Flash sale
MacBlayne likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 3rd November 2015, 12:08 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

The Nemesis films were in 2.35:1. At least according to Albert Pyun.

So, it begs the question - why are 101 Films using incorrect aspect ratios? I'm not expecting full remasters from them - just the correct aspect ratio in 1080p encode.

Looks like it's the German BD set for me then.
Old 3rd November 2015, 12:22 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I wonder why it's just a sale on blu's?

Pity really as some of their dvd's are quite interesting, such as Hornet's Nest for example.
Old 3rd November 2015, 12:57 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBlayne View Post
The Nemesis films were in 2.35:1. At least according to Albert Pyun.

So, it begs the question - why are 101 Films using incorrect aspect ratios? I'm not expecting full remasters from them - just the correct aspect ratio in 1080p encode.

Looks like it's the German BD set for me then.
The first film is an open matte presentation so at least there's no cropping. I don't know if it's the same case with the sequels, but I would assume they're also open matte given that they went straight to VHS.

caps-a-holic.com

Personally, I'd be inclined to get the 101 disc just to avoid giving Oliver Krekel any money.
MacBlayne likes this.
Old 3rd November 2015, 01:32 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Doc View Post
The first film is an open matte presentation so at least there's no cropping. I don't know if it's the same case with the sequels, but I would assume they're also open matte given that they went straight to VHS.

caps-a-holic.com

Personally, I'd be inclined to get the 101 disc just to avoid giving Oliver Krekel any money.
I think they're all open-matte. However, I'm a stickler for aspect-ratio so unless I measure the TV and apply black tape over the top and bottom, I'm afraid I'll have to go with the German release.

I've seen some of Krekel's posts on the aforementioned Blu-Ray.com forum. He does come across as a delightful character.
TJ Doc likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!