Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1395Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th February 2017, 08:56 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
Or being misleading on their cover of Exterminator 2, saying that it's the uncut version when in fact that it's actually the R-rated cut which was further cut by the BBFC.
Really mr420? Didn't realise that, thought it was meant to be one of their better releases. Really are an half arse setup aren't they. Thanks for the heads up.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 26th February 2017, 09:16 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I'd be annoyed if the original X-rated version had been released somewhere and then 101 tried to say the R version was uncut, but they didn't. It's the same version released worldwide, with all the BBFC cuts restored.
Old 26th February 2017, 09:25 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I'd be annoyed if the original X-rated version had been released somewhere and then 101 tried to say the R version was uncut, but they didn't. It's the same version released worldwide, with all the BBFC cuts restored.
So it is the longest cut available then Stephen?
Stephen@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 26th February 2017, 09:44 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
But to fans like us who know the difference it is a pretty misleading thing to say. I had been wanting to see the uncut version since watching the old vhs in the '80s. So when I was in HMV and I saw it been advertised as the uncut version, I grabbed it off the shelf. I was not happy when I got home.
Old 26th February 2017, 10:08 AM
Cult Acolyte

i always find it good policy to go over to Melon Farmers before buying anything, unless it is a label i know i can trust. it clearly states on MF that Exterminator 2 is the 'Best available' rather than the full pre-mpaa version.
Graeme73 likes this.
Old 26th February 2017, 10:12 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Really mr420? Didn't realise that, thought it was meant to be one of their better releases. Really are an half arse setup aren't they. Thanks for the heads up.
It's still worth a watch, J. If you're a fan of the Cannon studio from the '80s, then you can't go wrong as it has the Cannon neon/pastel colour scheme (ala Breakin' and Ninja 3:The Domination for example) and Mario Van Peebles completely OTT gang leader portrayal.
Old 26th February 2017, 10:16 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
i always find it good policy to go over to Melon Farmers before buying anything, unless it is a label i know i can trust. it clearly states on MF that Exterminator 2 is the 'Best available' rather than the full pre-mpaa version.
i should say that sometimes you have to settle for the 'best available' e.g. The Hills Have Eyes - its very unlikely the pre-mpaa elements will ever turn up. I've not researched it but that might be the case with The Exterminator 2 also?
Old 26th February 2017, 10:24 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
It's still worth a watch, J. If you're a fan of the Cannon studio from the '80s, then you can't go wrong as it has the Cannon neon/pastel colour scheme (ala Breakin' and Ninja 3:The Domination for example) and Mario Van Peebles completely OTT gang leader portrayal.
If it's the best available that's different mr420. I was under the impression from your original post that there may be a longer cut potentially available.
Old 26th February 2017, 10:28 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
i should say that sometimes you have to settle for the 'best available' e.g. The Hills Have Eyes - its very unlikely the pre-mpaa elements will ever turn up. I've not researched it but that might be the case with The Exterminator 2 also?
A good example of the whole R versus X versions is contained on the Robocop special edition DVD where you can choose between the two. While preparing the laserdisc for Criterion way back in the day, Verhoven (I think?, the full story is in an edition of Video Watchdog and I have not read it in a long time) managed to find the footage that had been trimmed for a R rating and was able to reinsert it and it looks a lot better than the R1 restored The My Bloody Valentine DVD.
Stephen@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 26th February 2017, 10:35 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
So it is the longest cut available then Stephen?

Yep.

Like this? Share it using the links below!