Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree1390Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th February 2021, 04:05 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

THE BLACK WINDMILL

Released 29th March 2021
On 29th March '70s espionage thriller The Black Windmill (1974) arrives on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK. Directed by legendary filmmaker Don Siegel (Dirty Harry), the film stars Michael Caine as a British secret agent targeted for death by friend and foe alike. Underrated and under-seen, this riveting suspense thriller features a superb cast and an outstanding score from Roy Budd (Get Carter). The release features a reversible sleeve with alternate artwork and new interviews with cast and crew.
Major John Tarrant (Caine) takes up the revenge trail when ruthless gunrunners kidnap his young son and demand a king's ransom in uncut diamonds for the boy's release. With each new lead Tarrant’s chilling quest becomes increasingly deadly as he begins to suspect that one of his colleagues is in league with the merciless abductors.
Special Features

Reversible sleeve with alternate artwork
Interview with actor Joss Ackland
Interview with cinematographer Ousama Rawi
Trailer
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mail (1).jpg (93.8 KB, 162 views)
Old 26th February 2021, 09:09 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 4th March 2021, 02:12 PM
Cult Veteran

Default Spookies

https://101-films-store.com/products...eid=267bb08280

On 26th April we're releasing cult 80s horror SPOOKIES (1986) on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK, title 019 on the 101 Films Black Label. Produced by Michael Lee, founder of legendary video distributor VIPCO, the film's tumultuous production history saw original co-writers/directors Brendan Faulkner and Thomas Doran and co-writer/producer Frank M. Farel fired, and Eugenie Joseph brought on board to shoot new scenes and re-edit the existing footage. The chaotic and deranged result has gone on to amass an army of devotees in the intervening years, attaining genuine cult status among horror fans. Among the additional content is a new version of feature-length documentary VIPCO: The Untold Story.

After their car breaks down, a group of travelers find themselves stranded in a remote part of New England. After taking shelter in a spooky old mansion, complete with a graveyard, they discover a ouija board and decide to spend the night attempting to summon some spirits. But the group soon learns that playing with the forces of black magic isn't fun and games, and it's not long before they're head-to-head with all sorts of demonic creatures, shape shifters, and other forms of evil, all of whom are more than happy to pick them off in the most gruesome of ways.

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • New audio commentary with FrightFest’s Paul McEvoy and filmmaker Sean Hogan
  • Limited edition booklet: Includes A Twisted History: Vipco, VHS and Spookies by Scott Harrison and Your Future Belongs to Us: Reaganite Terrors in Spookies by Liam Hathaway
  • Twisted Tale - The Unmaking of Spookies - a feature-length making-of documentary, including a commentary track with documentary co-directors Michael Gingold & Glen Baisley and extensive deleted scenes
  • VIPCO: The Untold Story, a brand new, extended version of the feature length documentary on much-loved UK film distributor VIPCO
  • 2015 Alamo Drafthouse screening introductions with Spookies director Thomas Doran and co-writer/producer Frank M. Farel
  • Archival locations featurette with actor Peter Iasillo
  • Outtakes and bloopers
  • Behind the scenes still gallery
  • Theatrical trailer

I've got the Vinegar Syndrome Ltd edition version and it's a fantastic package so if anyone missed out on that, I'd highly recommend getting this one!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 4th March 2021, 05:47 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post

On 26th April we're releasing cult 80s horror SPOOKIES (1986) on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK, title 019 on the 101 Films Black Label. Produced by Michael Lee, founder of legendary video distributor VIPCO, the film's tumultuous production history saw original co-writers/directors Brendan Faulkner and Thomas Doran and co-writer/producer Frank M. Farel fired, and Eugenie Joseph brought on board to shoot new scenes and re-edit the existing footage. The chaotic and deranged result has gone on to amass an army of devotees in the intervening years, attaining genuine cult status among horror fans. Among the additional content is a new version of feature-length documentary VIPCO: The Untold Story.

After their car breaks down, a group of travelers find themselves stranded in a remote part of New England. After taking shelter in a spooky old mansion, complete with a graveyard, they discover a ouija board and decide to spend the night attempting to summon some spirits. But the group soon learns that playing with the forces of black magic isn't fun and games, and it's not long before they're head-to-head with all sorts of demonic creatures, shape shifters, and other forms of evil, all of whom are more than happy to pick them off in the most gruesome of ways.

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Limited edition booklet: Includes A Twisted History: Vipco, VHS and Spookies by Scott Harrison and Your Future Belongs to Us: Reaganite Terrors in Spookies by Liam Hathaway
  • Twisted Tale - The Unmaking of Spookies - a feature-length making-of documentary, including a commentary track with documentary co-directors Michael Gingold & Glen Baisley and extensive deleted scenes
  • VIPCO: The Untold Story, a brand new, extended version of the feature length documentary on much-loved UK film distributor VIPCO
  • 2015 Alamo Drafthouse screening introductions with Spookies director Thomas Doran and co-writer/producer Frank M. Farel
  • Outtakes and bloopers
  • Theatrical trailer

I've got the Vinegar Syndrome Ltd edition version and it's a fantastic package so if anyone missed out on that, I'd highly recommend getting this one!
Pre ordered
Old 4th March 2021, 06:18 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Outtakes and bloopers
  • Theatrical trailer

Oh yeah bout time this got released
Old 4th March 2021, 06:37 PM
Cult Veteran

The included Vipco documentary is worth the price alone it's really good.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 4th March 2021, 08:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

After a bit of cursing and swearing managed to pre order Spookies bloody Wi-Fi
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 5th March 2021, 09:26 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I don't get why some releases are Limited Editions.

That Vipco Documentary could have gotten a release on it's own.
Old 5th March 2021, 09:36 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

April 26th.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 81IehzyYlcL.__AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_ML2_.jpg (12.2 KB, 7 views)

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 8th March 2021, 11:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Also ordered spookies as well, been bleeding yrs since I’ve seen the film.

Like this? Share it using the links below!