Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree1390Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st December 2022, 05:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

SPECIAL OFFER

CRYSTAL LAKE MEMORIES: THE COMPLETE HISTORY OF FRIDAY THE 13th. Takes viewers behind the mask on an epic journey into the making of the landmark horror franchise -- from its humble beginnings in 1980 at a New Jersey summer camp to the blockbuster release of its 2009 “reboot.”

To celebrate the announcement of NEVER SLEEP AGAIN, this 2-disc Blu-ray is available from the 101 Store for just £9!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg unnamed (3).jpg (89.7 KB, 97 views)
Old 2nd March 2023, 02:09 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Bob Clark Horror Collection (Limited Edition) (Blu-ray)
£44.99 GBP

Released 3rd April - Pre-order now!

Title number 029 on our Black Label. See here for full range.

101 Films presents the ‘Bob Clark: Horror Collection’, Featuring the director’s highly influential horrors of the early 1970s, brought together for the first time. Though he would achieve wider success in the 1980s with hit comedies such as Porky’s (1981) and A Christmas Story (1983), Clark’s run of three horror movies a decade earlier — low budget horror-comedy ‘Children Shouldn’t Play with Dead Things’ (1972), chilling Vietnam War critique 'Deathdream' (AKA Dead of Night) (1974) and genre-defining slasher masterpiece 'Black Christmas' (1974) — ensure his legacy as a master of the horror genre.

Title 029 on the 101 Films Black Label, this limited-edition set also features new Bob Clark documentary ‘Dreaming Of Death’ , stunning newly commissioned artwork for all three titles with reversible sleeves, a booklet with new writing on the director’s career, a set of artcards, and extensive additional content.

Children Shouldn’t Play with Dead Things
Led by a mean-spirited director, a theatre troupe travels by boat to a small island for buried criminals. The group gets more than they bargained for when the dead rise from their graves. Can they stay put until daylight against the undead onslaught, or do they flee into the pitch-black night? Will anyone survive?

Special Features:
• Commentary with Alan Ormsby, Jane Daly and Anya Cronin
• Alan Ormsby Interview
• Memories of Bob Clark
• Confessions of a Grave Digger: Interview with Ken Goch
• Grindhouse Q&A
• Cemetery Mary - Music Video
• Dead Girls Don’t Say No - Music Video
• Trailer
• Photo Gallery
• English Subtitles

Deathdream (AKA Dead of Night)
In this shattering variation on “The Monkey’s Paw”, grief-stricken suburban parents refuse to accept the news that their son Andy has been killed in Vietnam. But when Andy returns home soon after, something may be horribly wrong: Andy is alive and well... or is he?

Special Features:
• Dreaming of Death: a brand-new feature length documentary on the work of director Bob Clark
• Brand New Audio Commentary with Travis Crawford and Bill Ackerman
• Trailer
• English Subtitles

Black Christmas
As Christmas break begins, a group of sorority sisters make plans for the holiday. Jess (Olivia Hussey)
and Barb (Margot Kidder) begin to receive anonymous, lascivious phone calls that put them on edge. Initially, Barb
encourages the mysterious caller but stops when he responds threateningly. Soon, Barb’s friend Claire (Lynne Griffin) goes missing from the sorority house and a local adolescent girl is murdered, leading the girls to suspect a serial killer is on the loose. The police finally begin to get concerned when a teenage girl is found dead in the park - they set up a wiretap to the sorority house, but no one realizes just how near the killer really is!

Special Features:
• Commentary with director Bob Clark
• Commentary with actors John Saxon and Keir Dullea
• Commentary with actor Nick Mancuso
• Film and Furs: Remembering Black Christmas with Art Hindle
• Victims and Virgins: Remembering Black Christmas with Lynne Griffin
• Black Christmas Legacy
• 40th Anniversary reunion panel: Fan Expo Canada 2014
• TV and Radio Spots
• 12 Days of Black Christmas Featurette
• Black Christmas Revisited Featurette
• Midnight Screening Q&A with Bob Clark, John Saxon, and Carl Zittrer
• English Subtitles
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bob Clark 1.jpg (90.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Bob Clark 2.jpg (92.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Bob Clark 3.jpg (88.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Bob Clark 4.jpg (90.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Bob Clark 5.jpg (75.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Bob Clark 6.jpg (88.7 KB, 6 views)
Old 2nd March 2023, 02:13 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

What horrendous artwork.

Shouldn't have put Black Christmas in this set seeing as most of us will already own the 101 release.
Mansonsblood and Rob4 like this.
Old 2nd March 2023, 02:20 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
What horrendous artwork.

Shouldn't have put Black Christmas in this set seeing as most of us will already own the 101 release.
I hope they will release the other two separately because I don't want to buy yet another copy of Black Christmas, one I already had before buying the Black Label release.
Old 2nd March 2023, 03:09 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
What horrendous artwork.

Agreed, and Dead of Night (I refuse to call it by that other title) is superfluous to me also as I have the Blue Underground release. Coincidentally, I watched this again last night and it's such an underrated little chiller. Genuinely creepy, surprisingly violent and with a truly original, disturbing (political?) ending.

Anyway, I'll hold out for a standalone Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things release.
Old 2nd March 2023, 03:58 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I hope they will release the other two separately because I don't want to buy yet another copy of Black Christmas, one I already had before buying the Black Label release.

Same, I’ve already got 2 copies and I don’t need 3 of them haha!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 2nd March 2023, 05:01 PM
Active Cultist

I might get depending on how long the documentary on bob Clark documentary is and if it also covers his non horror work
Old 2nd March 2023, 06:52 PM
Cultist

it's the same one that's on the Children shouldn't play with dead things release and it's from VCI and it's 72 minutes a shame that they could not get the special features from the third disc from the children shouldn't film and it's also a shame the did not get the special features from the us release of deathdream and as for black christmas there is more on the us release than there is on the uk version

Last edited by peter alex; 2nd March 2023 at 07:45 PM.
Old 3rd March 2023, 04:31 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I really like the reverse art on Black Christmas! (not sure the sarcasm comes through in my typing )

IMG_0561.jpg
Old 3rd March 2023, 04:39 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I really like the reverse art on Black Christmas! (not sure the sarcasm comes through in my typing )

Attachment 244987
That's better than the new art in my opinion.

Like this? Share it using the links below!