Like Tree1953Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st August 2018, 08:21 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
From the DVD Compare notes

"GENERAL NOTES:
Some brief instances of dialogue are missing from the 5.1 remix on the Severin edition. We will update if or when Severin address the issue. The dialogue is intact on the Second Sight 5.1 track.

RESPONSE FROM SEVERIN FILMS:
" It has come to our attention that the newly created 5.1 audio track on our release of THE CHANGELING is missing 6 instances of off-camera or in the dark dialogue audio. While these audio snippets are present in the original 2.0 stereo track as it was released back in 1980, they were missed when the new track was created and because they're spoken off-camera, in long shot or in the dark they escaped the QC at the sound facility, at the check disc stage and indeed by all of the pre-release reviews of the disc. It was actually spotted during the authoring of our colleagues' Second Sight Films' UK disc which was to street soon after our release. Whether or not it was easily noticeable however does not change the fact that they are indeed errors and the sound house have gone back to the elements to correct their mistake.

As such we are offering a Version 2 replacement disc for customers. We will also be taking this opportunity to correct a skipped frame within the feature.

If you've purchased THE CHANGELING and wish to get a replacement disc, please email changelingreplacement@gmail.com with your receipt or confirmation of purchase (from wherever you purchased it; this is NOT only applicable to purchases from the Severin store) and we will ship your replacement as soon as we have finished goods (about 3-4 weeks to allow for re-authoring and replication).

In addition we have been alerted to the fact the first run of the Soundtrack CDs also have a glitch in Track 29. We will also send a replacement CD along with the Blu.

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your continued support.

-Severin Films"
excellent customer care. i wonder if punters will get the same care from Universal for their totally botched Creature Legacy set?
Old 30th September 2018, 06:05 PM
Cult Acolyte

and now for some proper exploitation... from the Philippines no less. i wish Arrow would do stuff more like this than say Waterworld (although i am still getting Waterworld, but you know what i mean).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7D9se_2i7A
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BloodIslandCollection.jpg (103.2 KB, 14 views)
Old 30th September 2018, 06:18 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
and now for some proper exploitation... from the Philippines no less. i wish Arrow would do stuff more like this than say Waterworld (although i am still getting Waterworld, but you know what i mean).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7D9se_2i7A
I have three of those films and really like them all.

To be honest i don't think an Eddie Romero box set would sell many units for Arrow at forty quid a pop in the UK.
keirarts and Rob4 like this.
Old 30th September 2018, 08:22 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I have three of those films and really like them all.

To be honest i don't think an Eddie Romero box set would sell many units for Arrow at forty quid a pop in the UK.
unfortunately, you are probably right
Old 30th September 2018, 08:43 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
It wouldn't have to be that big and expensive

The Arrow site currently has 'The Black Society Trilogy' DVD (three films [each with a commentary] and two documentaries on two Discs) for £15:00 and 'Blood Bath' blu-ray (four versions of the film on two discs, plus three documentaries [one lasting over 80p minutes]) for £18:00

Surely it would be easy to put all four of those films, a documentary putting them into context & trailers on two discs, and then sell them for £25 max
g053584398, keirarts and Rob4 like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 30th September 2018, 09:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I'd buy that ....

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 1st October 2018, 07:10 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Blade View Post
I already bought the 88 Films release of Anthropophagus. And unless Severin produces a substantial upgrade, i won't be buying it again
It looks quite attractive in terms of extra features:
  • Don't Fear the Man-Eater - Interview with Writer/Star Luigi Montefiori a.k.a. George Eastman
  • The Man Who Killed the Anthropophagus - Interview with Actor Saverio Vallone
  • Cannibal Frenzy - Interview with FX Artist Pietro Tenoglio
  • Brother and Sister in Editing - Interview with Editor Bruno Micheli
  • Inside Zora's Mouth - Interview with Actress Zora Kerova
  • Trailers

Old 11th October 2018, 06:53 AM
Cult Master

The Changeling

Quote:
From the DVD Compare notes

"GENERAL NOTES:
Some brief instances of dialogue are missing from the 5.1 remix on the Severin edition. We will update if or when Severin address the issue. The dialogue is intact on the Second Sight 5.1 track.

RESPONSE FROM SEVERIN FILMS:
" It has come to our attention that the newly created 5.1 audio track on our release of THE CHANGELING is missing 6 instances of off-camera or in the dark dialogue audio. While these audio snippets are present in the original 2.0 stereo track as it was released back in 1980, they were missed when the new track was created and because they're spoken off-camera, in long shot or in the dark they escaped the QC at the sound facility, at the check disc stage and indeed by all of the pre-release reviews of the disc. It was actually spotted during the authoring of our colleagues' Second Sight Films' UK disc which was to street soon after our release. Whether or not it was easily noticeable however does not change the fact that they are indeed errors and the sound house have gone back to the elements to correct their mistake.

As such we are offering a Version 2 replacement disc for customers. We will also be taking this opportunity to correct a skipped frame within the feature.

If you've purchased THE CHANGELING and wish to get a replacement disc, please email changelingreplacement@gmail.com with your receipt or confirmation of purchase (from wherever you purchased it; this is NOT only applicable to purchases from the Severin store) and we will ship your replacement as soon as we have finished goods (about 3-4 weeks to allow for re-authoring and replication).

In addition we have been alerted to the fact the first run of the Soundtrack CDs also have a glitch in Track 29. We will also send a replacement CD along with the Blu.

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your continued support.

-Severin Films"
Hmmm. Wonder how this is going to affect things

"UPDATE (10/10/18): When fixing the audio, Severin did a new encode of the video and inadvertently used their copy of the master pre-cleanup of the scratches and cue marks present on the negative."

Old 11th October 2018, 12:25 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Those films look hilarious and right up my street. they will have to go on the import wish list which is unfortunately quite long
Old 11th October 2018, 05:07 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
The Changeling

Hmmm. Wonder how this is going to affect things

"UPDATE (10/10/18): When fixing the audio, Severin did a new encode of the video and inadvertently used their copy of the master pre-cleanup of the scratches and cue marks present on the negative."
sounds like Severin's quality control is in a real mess at the moment.

Like this? Share it using the links below!