Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1953Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th November 2018, 12:14 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Anyone ordered from Severin before? Curious if I'm likely to get stung by customs, or if I should use a reshipping company. I've never used them, their site crashes my computer for some reason. I'm tempted to set up an account on my mobile for their Black Friday releases (primarily for All The Colours Of Giallo).
Old 15th November 2018, 12:21 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKA View Post
Anyone ordered from Severin before? Curious if I'm likely to get stung by customs, or if I should use a reshipping company. I've never used them, their site crashes my computer for some reason. I'm tempted to set up an account on my mobile for their Black Friday releases (primarily for All The Colours Of Giallo).
I ordered from them earlier this year, think my order was around 130$ or something, whatever the treshold is for free international shipping. I wasn't hit by customs and I even asked about it them before ordering and they said they are customs safe.
BAKA likes this.

YouTube | Letterboxd | Facebook
Old 24th November 2018, 03:50 PM
Cult Acolyte

Apparently these were released yesterday
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ColorsDark.jpg (92.6 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg ColorsGiallo.jpg (97.5 KB, 9 views)
Demoncrat and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 24th November 2018, 11:48 PM
Cult Addict

Shouldn't have but ordered that there "All the colours of Giallo".

Apparently it's a 3 disc set, Documentary, a disc of trailers and a Giallo soundtrack CD.

Nice.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 24th November 2018, 11:53 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I ordered it too. I'm particularly interested in the disc with Krimi trailers, because I've seen so few of them, and am eager to check out more. I also ordered Skinner. Severin are a bit expensive on the shipping front though, at $24.
Demoncrat and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 25th November 2018, 12:54 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKA View Post
I ordered it too. I'm particularly interested in the disc with Krimi trailers, because I've seen so few of them, and am eager to check out more. I also ordered Skinner. Severin are a bit expensive on the shipping front though, at $24.
VCI put out quite a few Krimi's on good quality double bills years ago on dvd. I picked up a few of them. I think my fave set is Monster of London City / Secret of the Red Orchid.

The films are certainly the inspiration for the Italian giallo film, in fact they sit almost as a bridge between the world of Gothic horror and the Giallo.
Old 25th November 2018, 04:11 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
VCI put out quite a few Krimi's on good quality double bills years ago on dvd. I picked up a few of them. I think my fave set is Monster of London City / Secret of the Red Orchid.

The films are certainly the inspiration for the Italian giallo film, in fact they sit almost as a bridge between the world of Gothic horror and the Giallo.
They were mentioned in the Teenage Slasher book as an influence for the slasher genre as well

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 16th December 2018, 10:40 AM
Cult Acolyte

Severin quote regarding upcoming Milligan releases:

Bursting to tell you the news that we have uncovered the original, uncensored director’s cuts of BLOODTHIRSTY BUTCHERS (shot as The Demons), TORTURE DUNGEON (shot as Macabre), THE MAN WITH TWO HEADS (shot as Dr Jekyll & Mr Blood), and THE RATS ARE COMING...THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE! (shot as Night of the Full Moon). Finally, after half a century, all of the footage once deemed by William Mishkin and the MPAA to be too shocking and perverse for human eyes can be seen exactly as Andy Milligan intended it!

Our new 2K scans are far superior to anything you've ever seen on these films and this gruesome foursome accounts for only a fraction of the contents of our ever expanding Milligan box, which will be coming in 2019.
ramses, Demoncrat and markchro like this.
Old 28th December 2018, 04:08 PM
Cult Master

No doubt this will appeal to some members!

Available for pre-order on Amazon US - Blu-Ray ($29.28) or Amazon US - DVD ($19.95), 'Ecco and The Forbidden' is due for release on January 29th, 2019

"Product Description

Severin Films presents ECCO and THE FORBIDDEN - The most extreme mondo of them all, now scanned in 4k for the first time ever, plus mega-sleazy bonus mondo!

In 1963, nudie/roughie filmmakers Bob Cresse and Lee Frost (HOUSE ON BARE MOUNTAIN, LOVE CAMP 7) saw the U.S. grosses of MONDO CANE and quickly imported and adapted one of the most provocative and successful shockumentaries of the decade. Narrated by Academy Award® winner George Sanders (ALL ABOUT EVE) and featuring a legendary soundtrack by Riz Ortolani (Oscar®-nominated for MONDO CANE's 'More'), ECCO explores a world of sadism, delinquency, roller derby, extreme piercing, appalling stereotypes and the infamous Lapland-women-castrating-reindeer-with-their-teeth sequence, now scanned in 4k from the original inter-negative. Bonus feature THE FORBIDDEN is Frost & Cresse's rarely seen and totally insane 1966 fake Mondo, packed with staged scenes of Swiss lesbians, L.A. rapists, Parisian tarts and Nazi strippers, newly-transferred from the only known 35mm print in existence.

SPECIAL FEATURES:

The Bandit - Producer David Goldstein remembers Bob Cresse.
I Want More - Short Film.
Ecco Trailer."

Demoncrat likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 16th January 2019, 04:56 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Z Grade classic trash.....26th feb!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IOTBF_Blu_Cover.jpg (98.1 KB, 16 views)

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.

Like this? Share it using the links below!