LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th June 2021, 09:04 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
It's definitely Beyond Darkness they showed it today. The special 'unpromotable' slipcover has Evil Dead 5 as the title.
Oh well,one for flogging.
Dave likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 28th June 2021, 10:20 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Oh well,one for flogging.
Is it that bad? I've only just got the 88 Films version today.
Old 2nd July 2021, 05:13 PM
Cult Master

'Drop Dead Fred' (1991) - Blu-ray PRE-ORDER available from Severin Films direct - $28:00

Release date: September 28

"What was once called “fiendish” (Orlando Sentinel), “an obnoxious boil” (Washington Post) and “easily one of the worst films I’ve ever seen” (Gene Siskel) is today hailed as “genius” (Junkee), “a feminist masterpiece” (Purple Revolver) and “an unapologetically weird classic” (NME): With her adult life falling apart, a distraught woman (Phoebe Cates) accidentally unleashes her imaginary childhood friend Drop Dead Fred – the late great Rik Mayall of THE YOUNG ONES in his sole U.S. comedy feature – to wreak booger-flicking, poo-smearing vengeance on those who’ve wronged her. Marsha Mason (THE GOODBYE GIRL), Tim Matheson (NATIONAL LAMPOON’S ANIMAL HOUSE) and Carrie Fisher co-star in this “untouchable post punk classic” (Den Of Geek) from the executive producer of HIGH FIDELITY and THE BIG LEBOWSKI, now scanned in 2K with all-new Special Features for the first time ever in America."

Special features and specs:
  • Booklet With New Text Interview With Actress Phoebe Cates
  • Audio Commentary With Director Ate De Jong
  • A Conversation With Director Ate De Jong And Producer Paul Webster
  • Imaginary Friends: Interviews With Co-Writers / Executive Producers Anthony Fingleton & Carlos Davis
  • Mischief Makers: Interviews With Visual FX Artists Doug Beswick, Peter Kuran, Kevin Kutchaver, Paul Gentry And Makeup FX Artist Christopher Johnson
  • Memories Of Snot Face: Interview With Actress Ashley Peldon
  • Deleted Scenes And Outtakes
  • Trailer
  • Aspect ratio: 1.85:1
  • Audio: English Stereo
  • Closed Caps
  • Region A

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 2nd July 2021, 05:17 PM
Cult Master

'Midnight' (1982) - Blu-ray PRE-ORDER available from Severin Films direct - $28:00

"A decade after co-writing NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD, writer/director John Russo gathered members of George Romero’s Pittsburgh crews to film a new shocker fueled by equal parts grisly grindhouse jolts and ‘80s satanic panic: Fleeing her pervy alcoholic stepfather (Lawrence Tierney of RESERVOIR DOGS infamy), a hitchhiking teen (Melanie Verlin) is abducted by a family of crazed homicidal rednecks for an ordeal of graphic butchery, shag carpet and devil worship. John Amplas (MARTIN) co-stars in this “greasy, grimy guilty pleasure” (DVD Talk) featuring gore effects by Tom Savini and executive produced by Sam Sherman (DRACULA VS. FRANKENSTEIN) – released in some US markets as BACKWOODS MASSACRE and seized in the UK as a DPP 39 ‘Video Nasty’ – now scanned in 4K from the negative of the long-rumored uncut version with all-new Special Features."

• Interview with Writer / Director John Russo
  • Interview with Producer Samuel M. Sherman
  • Interview with Actor John Amplas
  • Interview with SFX Artist Tom Savini
  • Trailer
  • More TBC
  • Aspect ratio: 1.66:1
  • Audio: English 5.1 Surround / English 2.0 Stereo
  • Closed Caps
  • Region Free

Old 2nd July 2021, 05:20 PM
Cult Master

'A Day of Judgement' (1981) - Blu-ray PRE-ORDER available from Severin Films direct - $28:00

"From Earl Owensby Studios – the South’s biggest producer/distributor of ‘70s/’80s regional horror and exploitation hits – comes what may be the most obscure and bizarre slasher movie of the entire godless genre: In a 1930s small town rife with lust, corruption and sin, a mysterious figure wielding a scythe arrives to cut an unholy swath of murder, madness and moralizing that may lead straight to Hell. William T. Hicks (DEATH SCREAMS), Brownlee Davis (WOLFMAN), Jerry Rushing (FINAL EXAM) and Harris Bloodworth star in this “early ‘80s oddity worth seeing as something very different” (The Slasher Report) produced by Earl Owensby (TALES OF THE THIRD DIMENSION) and Worth Keeter (L.A. BOUNTY), now scanned in 2K from the IP for the first time ever."

• The Atheist’s Sins: Interview With Author Of NIGHTMARE USA Stephen Thrower
  • Tales Of Judgment: Interview With Filmmaker Worth Keeter And Writer Thom McIntyre
  • Audio: English mono
  • Closed Caps
  • Region Free

Old 2nd July 2021, 05:23 PM
Cult Master

'The Fourth Victim' (1971) - Blu-ray PRE-ORDER available from Severin Films direct - $28:00

"In this rarely-seen but always-surprising giallo – made between A QUIET PLACE TO KILL and KNIFE OF ICE – Golden Globe® winning/Academy Award nominated Hollywood exile Carroll Baker (BABY DOLL, SOMETHING WILD) stars as the new bride of a wealthy British playboy (Oscar® nominee Michael Craig of THE ANGRY SILENCE and MYSTERIOUS ISLAND) whose three previous wives met with suspiciously accidental deaths. Marina Malfatti (ALL THE COLORS OF THE DARK) co-stars in this 1971 Italian/Spanish co-production directed by Eugenio Mart?*n (HORROR EXPRESS) and co-written by Santiago Moncada (HATCHET FOR THE HONEYMOON) with a score by Piero Umiliani (FIVE DOLLS FOR AN AUGUST MOON) – also known as DEATH AT THE DEEP END OF THE SWIMMING POOL and THE LAST MRS. ANDERSON – now scanned in 2K from the original negative."

• Eugenio Mart?*n, Auteur: Interview With Eugenio Mart?*n Biographer Carlos Aguilar
  • Deleted Scene
  • Trailer
  • Aspect ratio: 2.35:1
  • Audio: English Mono / Italian Mono
  • Closed Caps
  • Region A

Old 2nd July 2021, 07:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
'A Day of Judgement' (1981) - Blu-ray PRE-ORDER available from Severin Films direct - $28:00

"From Earl Owensby Studios – the South’s biggest producer/distributor of ‘70s/’80s regional horror and exploitation hits – comes what may be the most obscure and bizarre slasher movie of the entire godless genre: In a 1930s small town rife with lust, corruption and sin, a mysterious figure wielding a scythe arrives to cut an unholy swath of murder, madness and moralizing that may lead straight to Hell. William T. Hicks (DEATH SCREAMS), Brownlee Davis (WOLFMAN), Jerry Rushing (FINAL EXAM) and Harris Bloodworth star in this “early ‘80s oddity worth seeing as something very different” (The Slasher Report) produced by Earl Owensby (TALES OF THE THIRD DIMENSION) and Worth Keeter (L.A. BOUNTY), now scanned in 2K from the IP for the first time ever."

• The Atheist’s Sins: Interview With Author Of NIGHTMARE USA Stephen Thrower
  • Tales Of Judgment: Interview With Filmmaker Worth Keeter And Writer Thom McIntyre
  • Audio: English mono
  • Closed Caps
  • Region Free

I don't usually swear and willing to put money to a swear jar or a charity

Ya F@cking beautiful chancer, god bless you Susan, for years I have been trying to remember this film's title and just found it on Youtube, the film may be slow as to F'Ck but it is memorable for me.
Old 16th August 2021, 08:56 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Beautiful package,stunning but alas,it's one of Stephen's faves....

loki666, Demoncrat and MrBarlow like this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 19th August 2021, 12:37 PM
Cult Acolyte

Golden Age Italian Horror from the OCN. Way to go Severin

***NEW TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT #1***

AN ANGEL FOR SATAN (1966)

In the final film of her Italian Gothic period, the legendary Barbara Steele (BLACK SUNDAY) stars in one of the most startling erotic shockers of her entire career: When a cursed statue is recovered from a villa’s lake, a young heiress (Steele) will inflict a torrent of depraved seduction and homicidal madness on the local village. Anthony Steffen (THE NIGHT EVELYN CAME OUT OF THE GRAVE), Claudio Gora (DANGER: DIABOLIK) and Marina Berti (NIGHT TRAIN MURDERS) co-star in “a EuroHorror classic featuring Steele in all her mid-‘60s glory” (DVD Drive-In), co-written and directed by Camillo Mastrocinque (CRYPT OF THE VAMPIRE) and scanned in 2K from the original negative – with both the Italian and thought-lost English tracks – recently discovered in a Rome vault.

Special Features for An Angel For Satan:
*Audio Commentary With Actress Barbara Steele And Horror Film Historian David Del Valle
*Audio Commentary With Kat Ellinger, Author Of "Daughters Of Darkness"
*The Devil Statue — Interview With Actor Vassili Karis
*Barbara & Her Furs — 1967 Short Film By Pierre Andro Based On “Venus In Furs” Starring Barbara Steele With Optional Partial Commentary By Steele
*Trailer
*Extended Trailer
Feature Specs for An Angel For Satan:
*Aspect ratio: 1.85:1
*Audio: English Mono, Italian Mono with English Subtitles
*Closed Captions: English SDH
*Region: A
Pre-Order Now: https://severin-films.com/shop/angel-for-satan-blu/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AngelSatan1.jpg (53.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg AngelSatan2.jpg (67.2 KB, 6 views)
Old 21st August 2021, 09:15 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

My SEVERIN box arrived yesterday.

REALLY looking forwrd to those Italio post apocalyptos......

Watched BRONX WARRIORS the other night to get with the programme....
g053584398, nosferatu42 and Rob4 like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!