Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree1953Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th July 2015, 11:29 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I only ordered directly once (the Emanuelle boxes, when they were on sale), and I think I asked them to declare a lower value and they did it, but that was some years ago...

As for titles that should be avoided, I read some complaints about the Horror Express BD, but since it is a public domain title it still is the best release for that film.
Then there are the real stinkers, like Birdemic, but you can see that from the trailer alone
g053584398 and VeZius like this.
Old 19th July 2015, 01:42 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Are Intervision part of Severin?

I was looking on their web page for a list of releases as i was going to list what i own (They aren't together on the shelf so it seemed easier to find a list) and saw the recent Mattei films listed.
Old 19th July 2015, 01:48 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Nightmares
Eagles over London
The Sinful Dwarf
In the Folds of the Flesh
Devil Hunter
Bloody Moon
Last House on the Beach
The Sister of Ursula
The Psychic
Perversion Story

...are the Severin releases i own. I also have plenty of their output but by other, usually UK labels such as Gwendoline, Bloody Birthday etc.
Old 19th July 2015, 02:07 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Are Intervision part of Severin?

I was looking on their web page for a list of releases as i was going to list what i own (They aren't together on the shelf so it seemed easier to find a list) and saw the recent Mattei films listed.
Yes, it is. For some reason, in the beginning they tried to hide that, but now everything's on the same site.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 19th July 2015, 02:07 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobral View Post
I only ordered directly once (the Emanuelle boxes, when they were on sale), and I think I asked them to declare a lower value and they did it, but that was some years ago...

As for titles that should be avoided, I read some complaints about the Horror Express BD, but since it is a public domain title it still is the best release for that film.
Then there are the real stinkers, like Birdemic, but you can see that from the trailer alone
Ok, thanks. I guess I will try it myself from the next paycheck.

Ah damn, sucks to hear that about Horror Express, that is actually a title I've wanted to get for a few years and I was gonna order that soon. I guess I still will, if there isn't a better release available.
Sobral likes this.

YouTube | Letterboxd | Facebook
Old 19th July 2015, 02:26 PM
Seasoned Cultist

The ones I have:

Emanuelle Around The World
Black Emanuelle / White Emanuelle
Black Emanuelle 2
Emanuelle And The White Slave Trade
Sister Emanuelle
Emanuelle In Bangkok
The Sister Of Ursula
The Sinful Dwarf
Hanna D - The Girl From Vondel Park
Malabimba - The Malicious Whore (X Rated)
Devil Hunter
Bloody Moon
Perversion Story
Stone
House on Straw Hill
The Hot Nights Of Linda

Only the last two are BDs.
g053584398 likes this.
Old 19th July 2015, 02:54 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Yes, it is. For some reason, in the beginning they tried to hide that, but now everything's on the same site.
Thanks Sobral.
Old 19th July 2015, 05:25 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
In that case i also have Zombies The Beginning and Island of the Living Dead in the collection.
Old 19th July 2015, 05:43 PM
Seasoned Cultist

"The newly created Intervision Picture Corporation, featuring several longtime veterans of the home video scene, announced it was rolling out its aggressive schedule of Cult and Exploitation releases starting this January! The company has just inked a deal with distribution/manufacturing mainstay CAV to handle solicitation and physical distribution. First releases are both helmed by recent Goya Award Winner Jess Franco. THE SINISTER EYES OF DR. ORLOFF, a long-thought-lost classic from 1971, was finally unearthed in a Budapest vault following an exhaustive international search. Orloff will be paired with PAULA-PAULA, the most acclaimed Jess Franco film in over two decades (both titles will see release on January 11, 2011). The deal was negotiated by Larry Gold Sr., Founder and CEO on behalf of Intervision Picture Corporation, and Jay Douglas, Vice President of Product Development on behalf of CAV. CAV’s Douglas said, “Larry Gold is one of the few true legends of the video industry and we are thrilled to bring his latest and greatest brand to the CAV stable.” Gold, an early leader in the world of VHS distribution, has an impressive resume stretching back to the early 1960s, when he founded the London-based Solid Gold Films Ltd. Long thought retired to his estate in Southeast Asia, Gold cited "the need to get quality pictures back on the shelves" as his chief reason for getting back into distribution. "I've still got the rights to over 850 films across all formats - and I intend to exercise them in a manner that will result in classy, special-features-laden releases crafted for the discriminating picturegoer. Film distribution has gotten a bit off its bearings as of late, and we at Intervision Picture Corporation intend to bring back a little of the way things used to be."

This was Intervision's first press-release, and if I remember correctly, that Larry Gold talk was all fake.
Then again, they always have funny remarks on the back of their discs regarding where their prints were found that are obvious lies and hilarious, I like that.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 19th July 2015, 05:49 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Thanks for that Sobral.

Like this? Share it using the links below!