Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   Severin Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/13088-severin-films.html)

VeZius 18th July 2015 07:28 AM

Severin Films

Surprisingly enough, I couldn't find a thread about this company. So here is one!

They have a bunch of interesting releases and I was wondering, if anyone outside US has ordered from their own webstore? If so, do they send customs friendly packages? It seems they have quite high shipping costs at least.

The House on Straw Hill BD release from them has a bonus DVD called "Ban The Sadist Videos", which I've heard is a cool video nasty documentary. Also this bonus DVD is not apparently included with all copies of the film that you buy elsewhere. So getting it from them directly, would ensure that it is included.

Here's a link to the store: https://severin-films.com/shop/

Antropophagus 18th July 2015 10:41 AM

Severin is a very good label actually. I have their Jess Franco blu-rays and a couple of DVDs. I'm planning to order Nightmare Castle and Cannibal Terror/Devil Hunter blu-rays. And looks like they'll be releasing Joe D'Amato's excellent Beyond the Darkness on blu-ray soon :)

mr 420 18th July 2015 01:01 PM

I'll chip in and add that their r2 release of Jess Franco's Bloody Moon is a must have. The spartan (pre-cert) cover of just the face and blood-splattered spinning blade can take me back to the halcyon days of video in an instant. Plus the film is a hoot to boot! :nod:

profondo rosso 18th July 2015 02:39 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr 420 (Post 457092)
I'll chip in and add that their r2 release of Jess Franco's Bloody Moon is a must have. The spartan (pre-cert) cover of just the face and blood-splattered spinning blade can take me back to the halcyon days of video in an instant. Plus the film is a hoot to boot! :nod:

Two film titles I always get mixed up, as I had the video shop poster on my wall as a young teen for 'Killers Moon'....... still two great posters from a classic age.

I don't think you would get away with killers moon nowadays as a piece of advertisement?

I don't think I have seen Bloody Moon, recommended? :confused:

Attachment 167814

Attachment 167815

Rik 18th July 2015 02:50 PM

I have the Blu of Bloody Moon, it's a decent slasher film that I'd gladly buy again if 88 or Arrow released it :nod:

Severin's Blu of The House on Straw Hill is good too, bought mine from Trebor on here, with the extra disc

profondo rosso 18th July 2015 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 457095)
I have the Blu of Bloody Moon, it's a decent slasher film that I'd gladly buy again if 88 or Arrow released it :nod:

Severin's Blu of The House on Straw Hill is good too, bought mine from Trebor on here, with the extra disc

Cheers Rik, now in my basket on Amazon waiting for funds.

monkeypedro 18th July 2015 06:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Severin are up there in my top 10 of favourite companies due to their great releases of Horror, erotica and Ozploitation.

I am looking forward to Severins next release which is the documentary 'Lost Soul The Doomed Journey of Richard Stanley's Island of Doctor Moreau which is due for release in the US on the 28th July which was one of my favourite movies form last year and have ordered the 3 disc edition.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 18th July 2015 06:38 PM

Severin are a great label.

I have quite a few of their titles...

DVD:

Cannibal Terror (1981)
The Devil Hunter (1980)
Gwendoline (1984)
Hanna D: The Girl from Vondel Park (1984)
In the Folds of the Flesh (1970)
Macumba Sexual (1983)
Mansion of the Living Dead (1985)
Nightmare Castle (1965)
Perversion Story (1969)
The Psychic (1977)
The Sister of Ursula (1978)

Blu:

The Baby (1973)
Bloody Moon (1981)
Dead Kids (Strange Behaviour) (1981)
Hardware (1990)
Horror Express (1972)
The Hot Nights of Linda (1975)
The House of Seven Corpses (1974)
The House on Straw Hill (1976)
Patrick (1978)
Santa Sangre (1989)
She Killed in Ecstasy (1970)
Thirst (1979)
Vampyros Lesbos (1971)

Sobral 18th July 2015 06:51 PM

Stone is a great one too, surprised it didn't get a re-release with the new Mad Max.
I'd love to get some Intervision discs too, but can never find them for a good price, and I believe most of them are barebones.

VeZius 19th July 2015 11:06 AM

So... anyone have experience with their webstore and their customs friendliness? ;)

Glad that this thread is causing discussion!

I only have one of their releases so far. Hardware BD, but there sure are many I'm gonna be getting sometime soon.

Does anyone know if they have released something that should be avoided? As in really bad transfer or something else nasty?