LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st October 2015, 07:12 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I watched TLGWLDTL the other night.

Transfer looks great!

Wonder if Martin Sheen cringes when he watches that performance in this day and age.....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 3rd November 2015, 03:45 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Signal One announcements for early 2016:

Quote:
January 4th will see the release of three titles that were previously scheduled for late 2015: THE TRIP, GAS-S-S-S
and MR MAJESTYK. Delayed to allow time for more extras to be produced, these classics of American cinema are
now to be released in editions which are bursting at the seams with great bonus features, as follows:

THE TRIP (Roger Corman, 1968)
- High Definition transfer
- Audio commentary with director Roger Corman
- Deleted prologue (with optional director commentary)
- Alternative ending (with optional director commentary)
- Tune In, Trip Out (2003): documentary featuring interviews with the cast and crew of The Trip
- Allen Daviau, ASC on Psychedelic Film Effects (2003): interview with the celebrated cinematographer
- Psychedelic Light Box (Film effects montage)
- Poster and stills gallery
- Original theatrical trailer

GAS-S-S-S (Roger Corman, 1970)
- The Guardian Interview with director Roger Corman (1970): archival interview conducted the day after work
was completed on Gas-s-s-s
- The Guardian Interview with director Roger Corman (1991): the legendary director returns to the NFT to discuss
his career
- Counter-Culture Corman (2015): newly-produced documentary featuring interviews with Roger Corman, Ted
Newsom and Chris Poggiali
- Lobby cards, press book and stills gallery

MR MAJESTYK (Richard Fleischer, 1974)
- Colorado Chic (2015): newly-filmed interview with actress Lee Purcell
- Colorado Cool (2015): newly-filmed interview with cinematographer Richard H. Kline
- Audio commentary with Bronson and Fleischer expert Paul Talbot, author of Bronson's Loose!: The Making of
the Death Wish Films
- Lobby cards, posters and stills gallery

On February 8th, Signal One presents Frank Perry's gritty revisionist western DOC (1971), starring Stacy Keach
and Faye Dunaway, on Blu-ray for the very first time. Also delayed to allow more time to create new extra
features, final specs for this title are not yet ready to be announced, but it will include an archival interview with
Faye Dunaway in conversation with critic Alexander Walker, as well as the film's rare theatrical trailer.

Our first all-new announcement for February is the Blu-ray premiere of Richard Fleischer's dark and compelling
thriller, COMPULSION (1959). This stylish and disturbing film stars Dean Stockwell and Bradford Dillman as the
students who commit a murder in cold blood, and it features a stand-out performance from cinema legend Orson
Welles as the criminal defence lawyer who takes on their case.

Confirmed extras for COMPULSION are as follows:
- Richard Fleischer Guardian Interview (1981, 93 mins, audio only): the great director discusses his career after a
screening of Compulsion
- Richard Fleischer Guardian Interview (1994, 77 mins): Fleischer returns to the NFT for this filmed interview
- Orson Welles in the Courtroom Scene from Compulsion (1959): reproduction of the original 7" vinyl recording

Then, on March 7th, Signal One will release two more classics on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK:
Bob Rafelson's tightly-plotted thriller BLACK WIDOW (1987), starring Theresa Russell and Debra Winger; and
Philip D'Antoni's action-packed crime drama THE SEVEN-UPS (1973), with Roy Scheider. Both discs are currently
in production, and full specs will be announced early in the new year.
Old 9th November 2015, 08:47 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Cover art for some forthcoming releases:

Old 9th November 2015, 11:21 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Cover art for some forthcoming releases:

I'll probably pick two of those up on dvd at some point. All are required viewing. I have Black Widow.
Old 9th November 2015, 12:38 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I'll probably pick two of those up on dvd at some point. All are required viewing. I have Black Widow.
I'll be picking all three up as they all interest me (I haven't seen any of them before )
Old 9th November 2015, 12:40 PM
Cult Veteran

This reminds me I need to watch my River's Edge BD that arrived a few weeks ago!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 9th November 2015, 12:45 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
This reminds me I need to watch my River's Edge BD that arrived a few weeks ago!
I've bought three releases from them so far - Hidden Agenda, On the Beach and River's Edge (I also have Cherry 2000 and Ga-s-s-s on pre-order) and all remain unwatched as yet, what with my horror October viewing and now Noir November. I doubt I'll get a chance to check them out until December.
Justin101 and keirarts like this.
Old 9th November 2015, 12:48 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
I've bought three releases from them so far - Hidden Agenda, On the Beach and River's Edge (I also have Cherry 2000 and Ga-s-s-s on pre-order) and all remain unwatched as yet, what with my horror October viewing and now Noir November. I doubt I'll get a chance to check them out until December.
I'm not doing a themed November since I'm doing a Christmas themed December! I think I'll watch River's Edge this afternoon.
I'm not familiar with the other releases they've put out but if they sound good based on the synopsis I'll pick them up after payday.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 9th November 2015, 12:59 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I'll be picking all three up as they all interest me (I haven't seen any of them before )
Black Widow is a modern noir. If you like stuff like Body Heat i'm sure you'll love it.
Old 9th November 2015, 01:29 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I'm not doing a themed November since I'm doing a Christmas themed December! I think I'll watch River's Edge this afternoon.
I'm not familiar with the other releases they've put out but if they sound good based on the synopsis I'll pick them up after payday.
You'll have to let me know what the transfer is like - although I hear it's very good.

I would have probably picked up more of these releases but the pricing is all over the place both on HMV and Amazon. There are a fair few at £8.99 each but then some are priced at £12.99 and some at £19.99 with some variations in between. I think in almost all cases the DVD versions are more expensive than their BD equivalents too which is a little strange.
keirarts likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!