Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1336Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th April 2017, 02:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Not sure if this has been announced yet, but according to Tim Lucas on Facebook, Kino are releasing The Good, the Bad and the Ugly on blu.
I was going to ask in another thread what the best BD release of this and the other two "Dollars" films were

"I just finished looking at a preview of Kino's THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY with my commentary synced to it. As I was working on this project, I had to refer many times to the most recent release of the original UA theatrical cut, which was on an MGM Home Entertainment DVD from 1998, so it's burned into my brain how that almost 20-year-old transfer looked. When people see how this 50th Anniversary 4K transfer looks, they are going to fall to their knees. The yellow bias of the previous Blu-ray is completely gone. The restored image quality looks absolutely stunning, and you can feel the depth of the epic compositions in ways I don't think even two-perf Techniscope was fully able to convey. I'm so proud to be a part of this."
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 28th April 2017, 02:45 PM
Cult Addict

Rawhead rex is a terrible piece of s***.

I'll probably still buy it though!

At least his 'boggle eyes' will look good in 4k
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 28th April 2017, 02:50 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Rawhead rex is a terrible piece of s***.

I'll probably still buy it though!

At least his 'boggle eyes' will look good in 4k

I've never seen it, I know Clive Barker hated what they did with his screenplay, which prompted him to write the Hellbound Heart and make Hellraiser
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 28th April 2017, 02:59 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I've never seen it, I know Clive Barker hated what they did with his screenplay, which prompted him to write the Hellbound Heart and make Hellraiser
Its a completely incompetent adaptation of the source material.

However its sort of fun if you like bad films. Rawhead has these weird plastic eyes that seem to bounce around independently. Its real guilty pleasure territory.
Old 28th April 2017, 08:49 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Wink

Chap on a dead forum I frequented was quite keen to have a 'decent' print of Rex, so that's three copies sold .
4K though.
Terrible it is ...
But as adaptations go tisn't any worse than Dagon imho

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 28th April 2017, 09:00 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Chap on a dead forum I frequented was quite keen to have a 'decent' print of Rex, so that's three copies sold .
4K though.
Terrible it is ...
Its far worse than Dagon. Having re-read the story recently I still maintain that's a pretty solid film for an adaptation of lovecraft.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 28th April 2017, 09:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Dagon has fans for sure.
I'm just not one of them.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 29th April 2017, 08:24 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
4K though.
Terrible it is ...
Four!

I've a soft spot for this piece of nonsense!
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 9th June 2017, 03:34 PM
Cult Acolyte

Coming this August from Code Red by way of Kino – a much-requested HD upgrade for Tom McLoughlin’s grave-house spooktacular, ONE DARK NIGHT (1982)! High school senior Julie desperately wants to join the cool clique known as The Sisters – so much so she agrees to spend a night alone in the local mausoleum. Once inside, the group’s other bitchy members decide to ratchet the hazing up a few notches with some costumed scares – but the joke’s on them when they find a “psychic vampire” was just interred there the same day, and he’s hungry! A creepy little horror flick that’s full of great atmosphere and interesting ideas, it’s well remembered by those who caught it unsuspecting in the ‘80s and its reputation has only grown since. Given a decent special edition by Shriek Show in the DVD days, Code Red now bump things up to Blu with a full-blown special edition, not only porting over the old extras, but giving us a second commentary and TONS of brand new interviews. Full specs are below -- street date is August 1st.

Special Features:
* New HD master from various film elements, with extensive color correction exclusive to this release
* Audio commentary with co-writer/director Tom McLoughlin and co-writer Michael Hawes
* New audio commentary with McLoughlin and producer Michael Schroeder
* Alternate Director’s Cut (in standard definition - 1.33:1)
* Brand New interviews with co-writer/director McLoughlin, actress E.G Daily, actress Nancy Mott (McLoughlin), cinematographer Hal Trussell, production designer Craig Stearns, producer Schroeder, and special effects crew member Paul Clemens
* Behind the scenes footage
* Photos from Paul Clemens personal collection
* Theatrical Trailer
Attached Images
File Type: jpg OneDarkNight.jpg (94.5 KB, 2 views)
Old 9th June 2017, 03:37 PM
Cult Acolyte

Coming Soon on DVD and Blu-ray!
Brand New HD Masters!

The Outer Limits (Original Series 1963-1965)

Season 1 (32 Episodes - 8 Discs) - Late 2017
Season 2 (17 Episodes - 5 Discs) - Early 2018
Mojo, Demoncrat, keirarts and 2 others like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!