Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree254Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th April 2020, 05:09 PM
Cult Master

'Star of David' [AKA 'Beautiful Girl Hunter'] (1979) - coming to Blu-ray

"One dark and stormy night Genpei, a middle age prison escapee haphazardly breaks into the luxurious mansion of Yasuhisa and Tokie, a wealthy and privileged couple and rapes the young wife in front of her bound husband. A year later, the son, Tatsuya conceived by the rapist comes into the world. His mother commits suicide. At the age of sixteen, he studies Nazi atrocities in history class, and feels the awakening of his inner brutality. The time has come. He launches a journey to let off a long-held grudge against the abusive foster father and to seek out a reunion with his genetic dad. He lures out his real father through newspaper ads and invites him to the secret torture chamber in the basement of the house where he confines abducted girls. Their feast of lust and perversion has now begun."

Demoncrat likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 5th May 2020, 07:43 AM
Cult Master

***OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT***

THIS AUGUST, Synapse Films GUARANTEES THAT THEIR NEW SPECIAL EDITION OF ROGER NYGARD'S SUCKERS WILL BE THE BEST SPECIAL EDITION YOU'LL EVER BUY. TRUST US.

SUCKERS Blu also includes a special bonus double-feature presentation SIX DAYS IN ROSWELL in a new 4K restoration with extras!

“… an awesome performance, wrapped around a great movie that’ll make you think twice before buying that next car.” — Al Brumley, The Dallas Morning News

“…Roger Nygard’s exhilaratingly cynical car salesman film Suckers has the macho punch of a David Mamet drama.” — Susie Eaton Hopper, The Minneapolis Star Tribune

“…a gleefully misanthropic take on new-car salesmen.” — Paul Cullum, LA Weekly

"As the saying goes, there's a sucker born every minute, and right after that is a car salesman. No matter what changes in this crazy world, car salesmen and their money-grubbing ways are one of the few things that stay the same, which makes Roger Nygard's SUCKERS just as funny now as it was 21 years ago. Synapse Films and Nygard have now given this cult comedy favorite a fresh coat of paint, a new set of tires and made it look just like new for this Special Edition Blu-ray, but underneath the hood purrs the same cynical 6-cylinder engine that will never wear down or go out of style.

Daniel Benzali (Murder One) stars as Reggie, a pit bull of a car salesman who trains his crew to bilk customers out of as much cash as possible. Bobby DeLuca (Louis Mandylor - My Big Fat Greek Wedding; The Debt Collector) gets pressure from his wife (Lori Loughlin - Full House) to find a job at the dealership. Owing money to loan sharks and desperate for cash, Bobby reluctantly becomes an expert at screwing over his customers. Things go astray in Reggie’s tightly-run venture when loan sharks call in Bobby’s substantial debts. An award-winning indie cult hit directed by Roger Nygard (TREKKIES), SUCKERS is “a great movie that’ll make you think twice before buying that next car.” (The Dallas Morning News) “[It] has the macho punch of a David Mamet drama.” (The Minneapolis Star Tribune)"

Special Edition Features:

• All-new 4K remaster supervised and approved by writer/director Roger Nygard
• Brand-new 5.1 surround sound remix
• Audio commentary with writer/director Roger Nygard, writer/actor Joe Yannetty, cinematographer Nathan Hope, actor/composer Jimmie Wood and composer JJ Holiday
• Deleted scenes, raw takes and original trailer

The Blu-ray of SUCKERS includes a Bonus Double Feature Presentation of SIX DAYS IN ROSWELL in an all-new 4K restoration, with its own set of Special Features!

• All-new 4K remaster supervised and approved by producer/editor Roger Nygard
• All-new English 5.1 surround sound remix
• Audio commentary with producer/editor Roger Nygard, director Timothy B. Johnson, and star Rich Kronfeld
• The Making of SIX DAYS IN ROSWELL
• Original trailer
• Special reversible SIX DAYS IN ROSWELL cover option!

Director: Roger Nygard

Starring: Louis Mandylor; Lori Loughlin; Daniel Benzali

Runtime: 87 minutes

Release Date: August 25, 2020

Language: English

MPAA Rating: R

Aspect Ratio: High-Definition 1080p (1.78:1) Widescreen (Blu) / Anamorphic (1.78:1) Widescreen Presentation (DVD)

Audio: DTS-HD MA 5.1 Surround (Blu-ray) / Dolby Digital 5.1 (DVD)

Formats: Blu-ray and DVD

Region: 0

Item Number: SFD0196 (Blu) / SFD0197 (DVD)

UPC: 654930321997 (Blu) / 654930322093 (DVD)

Price: $29.95 (Blu) / $19.95 (DVD)

Old 9th June 2020, 04:58 PM
Cult Master

'The Living Dead at Manchester Morgue' - Blu-ray / DVD / CD – Three Disc Limited Collector’s Edition Steelbox pre-order available from Synapse Films direct - $49.95

Release date: September 1st

"A strange twist of fate brings two young travelers, George (Ray Lovelock, The Cassandra Crossing) and Edna (Christine Galbo, The House That Screamed), to a small town where an experimental agricultural machine may be bringing the dead back to life! As zombies infest the area and attack the living, a bullheaded detective (Academy Award® nominee Arthur Kennedy, Peyton Place) thinks the couple are Satanists responsible for the local killings. George and Edna have to fight for their lives, and prove their innocence, as they try and stop the impending zombie apocalypse!

The Living Dead at Manchester Morgue (aka Let Sleeping Corpses Lie and Don’t Open the Window) is a gory horror tale from Spanish director Jorge Grau and widely considered to be one of the best zombie films ever made. Beautifully restored in 4K from the original camera negative, Synapse Films presents the film for the FIRST TIME EVER on Blu-ray with the true original English theatrical mono mix and the real opening and closing credit sequences intact.

THIS THREE DISC 6000 UNIT LIMITED COLLECTOR’S EDITION CONTAINS ONE 1080P BLU-RAY, ONE DVD, ONE CD SOUNDTRACK AND A COLLECTOR’S BOOKLET IN COLLECTIBLE BLU-RAY STEELBOX PACKAGING WITH A SPECIAL SLIPCOVER AND BRAND-NEW ARTWORK FROM WES BENSCOTER. THIS LIMITED STEELBOX IS ONE PRESSING ONLY!

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY: The price of this product is $43.95 plus a $6.00 packing/handling fee ($49.95 total). Because of new mail pricing and regulations, there is a flat $19 (USD) shipping charge to Canada (not our choice). The item will be billed via Paypal when the order is placed, NOT when the order is shipped. Fulfilled and shipped via our San Francisco distributor, CAV Distribution, for North America. For shipping outside of North America, please order from the wonderful folks at DiabolikDVD [$46.99]. Our previous Steelbooks of SUSPIRIA, TENEBRAE, PHENOMENA and DEMONS have all sold out online. Don’t let this one pass you by! For questions regarding the shipping of your order in North America, please contact CAV Distribution via this email address: morgue@cavd.com"

Special features and specs:
  • Exclusive new 4K restoration from the original 35mm camera negative
  • New 5.1 English stereo surround remix made exclusively for the Synapse Films release
  • Two audio commentaries featuring authors and film scholars Troy Howarth, Nathaniel Thompson and Bruce Holecheck
  • Restoration of the true original English language theatrical mono mix
  • Jorge Grau - Catalonia’s Cult Film King (89 mins.) – This extensive feature-length documentary explores the life and films of director Jorge Grau (BLU-RAY EXCLUSIVE)
  • The Scene of the Crime - Giannetto De Rossi in Discussion from Manchester (16 Mins.) (BLU-RAY EXCLUSIVE)
  • Giannetto De Rossi - Q&A at the Festival of Fantastic Films, UK (43 Mins) (BLU-RAY EXCLUSIVE)
  • Theatrical trailer, TV spots and radio spots
  • Newly translated removable English SDH subtitles
  • Liner notes booklet featuring writing from Spanish film scholar, Dr. Nicholas Schlegel
  • Exclusive CD soundtrack of the haunting original score by Giuliano Sorgini
  • Included mini-poster of Wes Benscoter's amazing Steelbox artwork
  • Runtime: 93 minutes
  • Language: English
  • Aspect Ratio: High-Definition 1080p (1.85:1) Presentation
  • Format: DVD / Blu-ray combo
  • Region: All Regions

Mojo, Rik, Demoncrat and 3 others like this.

Old 9th June 2020, 05:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Annoying that it’s only gonna be a steelbook, they’ve said that there’s no plans for a standard or UHD edition
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 9th June 2020, 05:58 PM
Cult Veteran

It's so expensive as well! Ugly artwork on the actual steelbook though.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 9th June 2020, 06:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Yeah, fell out with steelbooks ages ago thanks to Zavvi releasing every goddamn film ever made on one! As much as I love the film, I’m not paying that much for it, IF they decide to do a standard edition, then I’ll get it but for now the BU blu ray will do for me
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 9th June 2020, 09:15 PM
Cult Acolyte

it makes sense not to announce a standard edition when you want to sell 6000 LEs. i suspect a standard is definitely in the pipeline somewhere down the line.
Old 11th June 2020, 08:53 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

One of my all time favourites.
ORDERED!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EF23409C-F15E-4A2F-BC25-4A0B6DBD3B74.jpg (95.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg DF5C558F-99DB-41CD-963F-6FBF0B371DAE.jpg (98.3 KB, 9 views)
Mojo, Rik, Dave Boy and 5 others like this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 12th June 2020, 12:50 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Yeah, fell out with steelbooks ages ago thanks to Zavvi releasing every goddamn film ever made on one! As much as I love the film, I’m not paying that much for it, IF they decide to do a standard edition, then I’ll get it but for now the BU blu ray will do for me
Original artwork steelbooks are STILL class....Zavvi steelbooks are wank.
Stephen@Cult Labs and Rik like this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 13th June 2020, 08:02 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Original artwork steelbooks are STILL class....Zavvi steelbooks are wank.

You're not wrong there!

IMG_7349.JPG

Like this? Share it using the links below!