Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree2078Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1011  
Old 11th June 2020, 07:52 PM
Stephen@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Irvine, Scotland
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivemind View Post
I've had the standard DVD for years. That will be heading to the charity shop very soon.


I hope it's a........sweet charity shop
__________________
"Give me grain or give me death!"
Reply With Quote
  #1012  
Old 11th June 2020, 08:14 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I hope it's a........sweet charity shop
Lol! If they still operate after corona!

Shops that deal in second hand goods might not fare so well.
Stephen@Cult Labs likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #1013  
Old 11th June 2020, 08:42 PM
The Reaper Man@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Glasgow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivemind View Post
I'm all in for a bit of Bob Fosse. Musicals and me don't usually mix but that set of Sweet Charity looks rather nice. I did order Force 10 from last month. Not a Particularly great film, but the extras with the retrospective on British Cinematographer Christopher Challis and the Ron Goodwin talking track are worth the purchase. I do respect what Powerhouse/Indicator have achieved since 2016. Every film is given a fair "crack at the whip" in terms of extra's and great Blu-Ray restoration. Always worth the purchase.
Love Force Ten.
I prefer it to the original actually!
I remember the first time I saw it on Telly .....there was a dam built in the garden with the Action Man toys the next day!
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
__________________

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Reply With Quote
  #1014  
Old 11th June 2020, 08:46 PM
The Reaper Man@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Glasgow
Default

Actually,talking of Bob Fosse.....what’s the chances of this Mr.Brooke?
The TT disc must be long oop now surely? 🙂
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F20FEB91-CE37-457D-B1D9-C7CC681260A8.jpg (98.7 KB, 7 views)
Stephen@Cult Labs likes this.
__________________

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Reply With Quote
  #1015  
Old 11th June 2020, 09:21 PM
Stephen@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Irvine, Scotland
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
Lol! If they still operate after corona!



Shops that deal in second hand goods might not fare so well.


I'm sure (for a while at least), with donations they'll do the same as HMV will be doing with undamaged items returned to them, quarantining them for 72 hours.
__________________
"Give me grain or give me death!"
Reply With Quote
  #1016  
Old 11th June 2020, 10:06 PM
Demdike@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Emperor
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lancashire
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Love Force Ten.
I prefer it to the original actually!
I remember the first time I saw it on Telly .....there was a dam built in the garden with the Action Man toys the next day!
I think it's way better than The Guns of Navarone too. Force Ten i consider to be a classic.

I saw Sweet Charity for the first time last year.

This is bloody genius!

Reply With Quote
  #1017  
Old 12th June 2020, 12:24 PM
hivemind's Avatar
Seasoned Cultist
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cornwall. The land of Cornish pasties, pixes and Straw Dogs
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I hope it's a........sweet charity shop

Where did you get that joke from?

Probably a bargin bucket Poundland box of Xmas crackers going cheap.
Reply With Quote
  #1018  
Old 12th June 2020, 12:29 PM
hivemind's Avatar
Seasoned Cultist
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cornwall. The land of Cornish pasties, pixes and Straw Dogs
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Actually,talking of Bob Fosse.....what’s the chances of this Mr.Brooke?
The TT disc must be long oop now surely? ��
Indicator don't have a license to distribute MGM titles. Lenny is a UA release thru MGM Entertainment. Universal, Film 4, Sony and a few others are the companies Indicator deal with. I wish Indicator could get a license from Warner Bros. but Warner's are so fussy about handing over films to other labels. I recently got my hands on Klute via the Criterion label. Great film.

I would like to see Indicator deliver some more Paramount titles. Two I'm after. Looking For Mr. Goodbar and I'm Dancing as Fast as I can. I still have the VHS UK rental copies released by CIC video.
g053584398, nosferatu42 and Rob4 like this.

Last edited by hivemind; 12th June 2020 at 12:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #1019  
Old 12th June 2020, 02:27 PM
Rob4's Avatar
Cultist on the Rampage
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivemind View Post
Indicator don't have a license to distribute MGM titles. Lenny is a UA release thru MGM Entertainment. Universal, Film 4, Sony and a few others are the companies Indicator deal with. I wish Indicator could get a license from Warner Bros. but Warner's are so fussy about handing over films to other labels. I recently got my hands on Klute via the Criterion label. Great film.

I would like to see Indicator deliver some more Paramount titles. Two I'm after. Looking For Mr. Goodbar and I'm Dancing as Fast as I can. I still have the VHS UK rental copies released by CIC video.
Paramount would be great, especially Goodbar. I'd also like to see Let's Scare Jessica to Death. The Tenant, Targets and Blood & Roses to name a few.
Mojo, g053584398, hivemind and 1 others like this.
Reply With Quote
  #1020  
Old 12th June 2020, 03:10 PM
hivemind's Avatar
Seasoned Cultist
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cornwall. The land of Cornish pasties, pixes and Straw Dogs
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
Paramount would be great, especially Goodbar. I'd also like to see Let's Scare Jessica to Death. The Tenant, Targets and Blood & Roses to name a few.
Eureka have a deal with Paramount, and have released some interesting titles from the vaults of the studio. Seconds was a nice surprise (even though the film was released by Criterion sometime ago), plus A New Leaf, Nashville etc.... Even that deal with Warner Archives through Paramount didn't last long. Just a few titles got released on MOD, including Let's Scare Jessica to Death. Parallax View deseves an Indicator release, but very much doubt the film will ever get released on Blu-Ray now. Two of the most fustrating studios to deal with, Paramount and Warner Bros.
g053584398 and Rob4 like this.
Reply With Quote
Reply  

Like this? Share it using the links below!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



Our goal is to keep Cult Labs friendly. If you feel discouraged from posting by certain members' behaviour then you can e-mail us in complete confidence.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
All forum posts are contributed by members of the site; Cult Labs cannot take responsibility for all content posted on the site. If you have an issue with content posted on the site please click the 'report post' button.
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.