LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th May 2021, 08:01 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Okay,I'm starting you off with one of these....

Old 11th June 2021, 03:03 PM
Cult Acolyte

Apparently somewhere on Facebook (I can't find it) Michael Brooke has confirmed there will be a Hammer Volume 7.

I think we always assumed there would be a Vol 7 but I think that would be the first official confirmation if true.
Old 11th June 2021, 03:17 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
Apparently somewhere on Facebook (I can't find it) Michael Brooke has confirmed there will be a Hammer Volume 7.

I think we always assumed there would be a Vol 7 but I think that would be the first official confirmation if true.
I wonder what they'll be. In the new Dark Side there's an ad for a box set (Euro release) with the four Hammer's Network have so i wonder if it might be those if Network no longer have them
Old 11th June 2021, 03:59 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I wonder what they'll be. In the new Dark Side there's an ad for a box set (Euro release) with the four Hammer's Network have so i wonder if it might be those if Network no longer have them
Ain't the Network ones owned by ITV? I suppose most things are possible since they have access to SC and Universal titles.

Even if Michael Brooke sees this exchange I doubt he'll give anything away
Old 11th June 2021, 05:08 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Ain't the Network ones owned by ITV? I suppose most things are possible since they have access to SC and Universal titles.

Even if Michael Brooke sees this exchange I doubt he'll give anything away
Looking at the back of the new Devil Ship Pirates blu there's a StudioCanal logo alongside the Network one. Not that it's anything new. Loads of Network titles sport the SC logo, some the BFI one too.

Made me wonder if Powerhouse had perhaps got those early Network titles and Network had acquired some other ones.

I have no idea really. Simply thinking out loud.
Rob4 likes this.
Old 11th June 2021, 07:37 PM
Cult Acolyte

I’d love Indicator to get their hands on all of Hammer’s films.
Imagine the sort of boxsets we could have - Chris Lee Dracula set, Karnstein trilogy etc. Wishful thinking, I guess...
g053584398, nosferatu42 and Rob4 like this.
Old 11th June 2021, 09:42 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
I’d love Indicator to get their hands on all of Hammer’s films.
Imagine the sort of boxsets we could have - Chris Lee Dracula set, Karnstein trilogy etc. Wishful thinking, I guess...
I guess the Warner owned titles are completely off the table, and Indicator said they wouldn't be touching studiocanal titles that had already been released on Blu. Everything else seems a possibility...

When it comes down to it even the SC's already on Blu could come into play a few years in the future because in boxsets with Indicator level extras I think there'll be a lot of people ready to double dip... I know I would
Mojo likes this.
Old 11th June 2021, 09:49 PM
Cult Addict

I'd double dip for the Collinson twins.

p06g91tc.jpg

Yak, Yak...

g053584398 likes this.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.

Last edited by nosferatu42; 11th June 2021 at 10:12 PM.
Old 11th June 2021, 10:08 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I guess the Warner owned titles are completely off the table, and Indicator said they wouldn't be touching studiocanal titles that had already been released on Blu. Everything else seems a possibility...

When it comes down to it even the SC's already on Blu could come into play a few years in the future because in boxsets with Indicator level extras I think there'll be a lot of people ready to double dip... I know I would
You're contradicting yourself there, Rob.

I wonder what there is actually left to release. X The Unknown, Quatermass, Quatermass II, Capt Kronos, Ab Snowman, Moon Zero Two, Creatures the Film Forgot, When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth, Slave Girls, Lost Continent, She, V of She, Viking Queen, The Nanny, The Anniversary....

Could make some great themed boxes from those actually.
Old 11th June 2021, 10:45 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
You're contradicting yourself there, Rob.

I wonder what there is actually left to release. X The Unknown, Quatermass, Quatermass II, Capt Kronos, Ab Snowman, Moon Zero Two, Creatures the Film Forgot, When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth, Slave Girls, Lost Continent, She, V of She, Viking Queen, The Nanny, The Anniversary....

Could make some great themed boxes from those actually.
I sort of know I'm contradicting myself a little. That's why I said 'a few years down the line', as I think SC might become a bit more flexible with those titles in the future.

Moon Zero Two and When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth are Warner titles so are very much out of Indicator's reach atm. I'd love to see that change!

Captain Kronos is Paramount so that one might be difficult too but not impossible as its had releases in other territories.

All the rest you mention are either Sony, SC (or Hammer owned films which SC have the distribution rights to) so are very much in the picture.

Given that Indicator are releasing 4 of the films owned by Universal and previously released on Blu in their Vol 6, it's safe to assume at some point the other 4 (Evil of Frankenstein, Curse of the Werewolf, Kiss of the Vampire and Brides of Dracula) will follow at some point.
nosferatu42 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!