Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree3665Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th March 2023, 09:58 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
A question regarding Twenty Million Miles to Earth and It Came from Beneath the Sea.

Can you could flip between black and white and colour as you watch like i can with my dvd's?
Yup, if you have an Angle button on your remote. And you can also flip between mono and 5.1 tracks with the Audio button so you can have any audiovisual combo that you fancy.

(I supervised this myself, as I strongly felt that people would want to be able to do this. See also Dragonwyck, where we offered two different masters - old one and contentious 4K one - and similarly synced them up so you can flip between the two.)
Old 27th March 2023, 10:07 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Brooke View Post
Yup, if you have an Angle button on your remote. And you can also flip between mono and 5.1 tracks with the Audio button so you can have any audiovisual combo that you fancy.

(I supervised this myself, as I strongly felt that people would want to be able to do this. See also Dragonwyck, where we offered two different masters - old one and contentious 4K one - and similarly synced them up so you can flip between the two.)
Thanks for the quick reply, Michael.

It's probably a bit sad but i always flip between the colour and Black and white versions when watching any from the Ray Harryhausen Collection on dvd.

The colour versions look really good especially Earth Versus the Flying Saucers (How come that's not been released by the way?) and i love seeing how they coloured the black and white image. It's sort of fascinating comparing as i watch.
Old 27th March 2023, 10:11 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Dragonwyck is excellent by the way. Vincent Price and Gene Tierney must have had a great working relationship to have been in four films together.
Nuno_Miranda likes this.
Old 27th March 2023, 10:13 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
(How come that's not been released by the way?)
Because Sony has already released it on BD in the UK, and presumably didn't want another edition in direct competition with theirs.

See also Jason and the Argonauts, which was only ever included in the second Indicator Harryhausen box and not released separately - and the version in the box was the Sony version, menus and all.
Old 27th March 2023, 10:17 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Because Sony has already released it on BD in the UK, and presumably didn't want another edition in direct competition with theirs.

See also Jason and the Argonauts, which was only ever included in the second Indicator Harryhausen box and not released separately - and the version in the box was the Sony version, menus and all.
The Sony release was at the very dawn of Blu-ray. That's why i wondered.
Old 27th March 2023, 10:21 PM
Seasoned Cultist

It's still in print to this day. Sony owns the film outright, so it's only going to go OOP when they decide to stop manufacturing copies.
Old 27th March 2023, 10:23 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
It's still in print to this day. Sony owns the film outright, so it's only going to go OOP when they decide to stop manufacturing copies.
It's a shame Powerhouse never acquired it but credit to Sony for keeping it in print anyway.
Old 27th March 2023, 10:24 PM
Seasoned Cultist

The surprise is that Sony didn't release any more besides Earth vs The Flying Saucers and Jason and the Argonauts.
Old 27th March 2023, 10:42 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

@Michael.

Are you aware if Neither the Sea Nor the Sand is on any companies radar for a Blu-ray release?
Old 31st March 2023, 01:13 PM
Cult Addict

Heads up the Indicator sale has been extended to Monday.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

Like this? Share it using the links below!