Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree3665Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th May 2023, 11:39 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Brooke View Post
Feel free to have a go at guessing future Rollin releases from the existing spine numbers!

400 - The Rape of the Vampire (1968)
402 - The Shiver of the Vampires (1971)
411 - The Night of the Hunted (1980)
417 - Two Orphan Vampires (1997)

Powerhouse has confirmed that they have twenty under license, and I can confirm that those spine numbers weren’t randomly generated.
20 titles? Fantastic!
I’m guessing the spine numbers will be in order of the year of each film - 401 will be THE NUDE VAMPIRE, 403 REQUIEM FOR A VAMPIRE and so on?
Interesting to see what some of the later titles will be. I’m hoping for REQUIEM FOR A VAMPIRE and THE DEMONIACS next, but will be happy with any.
I’m guessing REQUIEM will pass uncut now?
Old 18th May 2023, 12:25 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

I'm sure that image at the bottom of the newsletter is from a Tod Slaughter film.

A Slaughter box set is something i would 100% be giving a miss to.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg unnamed.jpg (48.9 KB, 5 views)
Old 18th May 2023, 01:50 PM
Cult Veteran

As much as I love Rollin and I was initially interested in getting all of the films in the swanky limited editions, it's only onto the second batch of them and it's 2 i'm not interested in buying again So i'm kind of torn between having a shelf that looks amazing, or a healthier bank balance
Demdike@Cult Labs and Rob4 like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 18th May 2023, 02:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
As much as I love Rollin and I was initially interested in getting all of the films in the swanky limited editions, it's only onto the second batch of them and it's 2 i'm not interested in buying again So i'm kind of torn between having a shelf that looks amazing, or a healthier bank balance
Old 18th May 2023, 03:37 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Yeah, i'm not interested in either of those two either. I really thought Shiver was dull and don't rate Night of the Hunted at all.

Standard editions for me i think. In a sale.
Old 18th May 2023, 07:56 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Yeah, i'm not interested in either of those two either. I really thought Shiver was dull and don't rate Night of the Hunted at all.

Standard editions for me i think. In a sale.
Night of the Hunter was so booooring.
Old 20th May 2023, 02:42 PM
Cult Acolyte

I'll probably get Rape as it was Rollin's first.

I thought I would get all the fantastique ones up to Living Dead Girl but although I expect a bit of boredom with a Rollin, as others have said, Night of the Hunted is extremely tedious, so I'll have to think about that one.

In any event, there are way too many good releases coming out all the time, so a lot of these will have to be relegated to sale time anyway.
Old 9th June 2023, 02:19 PM
Seasoned Cultist

For the first time ever, five Indicator titles are going OOP even in their standard editions - unsurprisingly, it's the five Fox titles that were licensed just before the Disney takeover and which proved impossible to renew once the initial five-year term expired.

So Dragonwyck, Little Murders, The St Valentine's Day Massacre, The Snake Pit and The Third Secret will be going OOP on 30 June.

But right now they're still available, and all five are included in the 3 for £20 bundle offer on standard editions - more details here.
g053584398, Justin101 and Rob4 like this.
Old 9th June 2023, 02:22 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Brooke View Post
For the first time ever, five Indicator titles are going OOP even in their standard editions - unsurprisingly, it's the five Fox titles that were licensed just before the Disney takeover and which proved impossible to renew once the initial five-year term expired.

So Dragonwyck, Little Murders, The St Valentine's Day Massacre, The Snake Pit and The Third Secret will be going OOP on 30 June.

But right now they're still available, and all five are included in the 3 for £20 bundle offer on standard editions - more details here.
Thanks for the heads up, Dragonwyck and The Snake Pit were on my list, looks like I'll have to expedite the purchases

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 9th June 2023, 04:01 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up, Dragonwyck and The Snake Pit were on my list, looks like I'll have to expedite the purchases
I definitely wanted to get Dragonwyck so will grab another
two from the three for £20 offer.

What's The Snake Pit?

It's not another of the southern Gothic 'you need a lobotomy' types is it?

I've got The St Valentines Day Massacre as a limited edition. One of Corman's bigger budget films.

And Michael, as Justin says, thanks for the heads up.

Like this? Share it using the links below!