Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree3636Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th August 2017, 10:04 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Does anyone have a copy of an earlier release of Fragment of Fear (any format) and can check something for me?

I'm creating the SDH subtitles for the upcoming Indicator edition, and I can't help but notice that quite a bit of the dialogue in the very early part of the film is in Italian. None of it is really dramatically essential, but I may be blasé about that because I speak Italian myself. Also, the official Columbia transcript presents those lines in English rather than Italian, suggesting that someone thought it was worth translating them at some point.

So on earlier releases, was any or all of that dialogue subtitled?
Old 28th August 2017, 01:13 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Brooke View Post
Does anyone have a copy of an earlier release of Fragment of Fear (any format) and can check something for me?

I'm creating the SDH subtitles for the upcoming Indicator edition, and I can't help but notice that quite a bit of the dialogue in the very early part of the film is in Italian. None of it is really dramatically essential, but I may be blasé about that because I speak Italian myself. Also, the official Columbia transcript presents those lines in English rather than Italian, suggesting that someone thought it was worth translating them at some point.

So on earlier releases, was any or all of that dialogue subtitled?
I have the Columbia Pictures region 1 dvd and, on rewatching the first ten minutes or so, there are no subtitles for any of the Italian language parts of the dialogue. I hope this is of some help to you.
Old 28th August 2017, 01:28 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
I have the Columbia Pictures region 1 dvd and, on rewatching the first ten minutes or so, there are no subtitles for any of the Italian language parts of the dialogue. I hope this is of some help to you.
That's very helpful indeed - many thanks!

Although I'm tempted to offer optional subtitles translating those passages: they take next to no effort to create since Sony has provided me with an official translation. And of course if the viewer doesn't want subtitles, they don't have to have them.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 28th August 2017, 01:33 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Brooke View Post
That's very helpful indeed - many thanks!

Although I'm tempted to offer optional subtitles translating those passages: they take next to no effort to create since Sony has provided me with an official translation. And of course if the viewer doesn't want subtitles, they don't have to have them.
You're welcome!

Needless to say, the dvd is going in the bin as soon as I get my mitts on Indicator's Blu ray release!
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 29th August 2017, 04:53 PM
Cult Acolyte

Body Double and Christine are now OOP. they will be reissued as blu ray only without the booklets
Old 31st August 2017, 06:12 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
so 4 more possibles for the list above:
Never Take Sweets from Stranger
The Revenge of Frankenstein
The Snorkel
Creatures the World Forgot

any others released by Columbia?
Passed '12' uncut by the BBFC. However, no release date is given as yet, and nothing is being listed on Amazon

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 5th September 2017, 03:08 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Passed '12' uncut by the BBFC. However, no release date is given as yet, and nothing is being listed on Amazon
Never Take Sweets from a Stranger and Cash on Demand have also been passed through the BBFC recently. However, Indicator have said there are no more Hammer announcements for another 4 weeks.

November titles are to be announced on Thursday.

They have also hinted at revealing a new licensing deal before the end of the year. let the speculation begin... i hope its Warners...
Old 5th September 2017, 03:25 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
Never Take Sweets from a Stranger and Cash on Demand have also been passed through the BBFC recently. However, Indicator have said there are no more Hammer announcements for another 4 weeks.

November titles are to be announced on Thursday.

They have also hinted at revealing a new licensing deal before the end of the year. let the speculation begin... i hope its Warners...
I doubt it's Warners as HMV are using them for their Premium Collection.
Old 5th September 2017, 04:31 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

....along with Sony and Paramount.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 6th September 2017, 07:25 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Default Powerhouse Films

November's releases have just been announced, starting with:

IMG_0379.JPG

Quote:
THE WONDERFUL WORLDS OF RAY HARRYHAUSEN, VOLUME TWO: 1961-1964

MYSTERIOUS ISLAND (Cy Endfield, 1961)*
JASON AND THE ARGONAUTS (Don Chaffey, 1963)
FIRST MEN IN THE MOON (Nathan Juran, 1964)*
Release date: 13 November 2017
Limited Dual Format Edition (* UK Blu-ray premieres)

These all-time classic adventures, each featuring pioneering special effects by filmmaking legend Ray Harryhausen, are presented here in stunning 4K restorations. Containing a wealth of new and archival extras – including audio commentaries with the great Ray Harryhausen himself, a Jason and the Argonauts commentary with Lord of the Rings director Peter Jackson, new interviews with SFX maestro Hal Hickel and genre-film expert Kim Newman – this ravishing Limited Dual Format Edition Box Set from Indicator is strictly limited to 6,000 units.

INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION SPECIAL FEATURES:
• 4K restorations from the original camera negatives
• Mono and 5.1 surround sound audio options
• Ray Harryhausen audio commentaries
• Additional Mysterious Island audio commentary with film historians Randall William Cook, C. Courtney Joyner and Steven C. Smith
• Additional Jason and the Argonauts audio commentary with filmmaker Peter Jackson and Randall William Cook
• 'Jason and the Argonauts' Original Skeleton Fight Storyboards
• Ray Harryhausen on 'Mysterious Island'
• Hal Hickel on 'Mysterious Island' (2017): new interview with the special effects maestro
• Kim Newman on 'Mysterious Island' (2017): new appreciation by the author and genre-film expert
• Islands of Mystery: vintage featurette
• Randall William Cook Introduces 'First Men in the Moon'
• Tomorrow the Moon: vintage featurette
• New and exclusive interviews with crew members, including camera assistant Ray Andrew (Mysterious Island) and production manager Ted Wallis (First Men in the Moon)
• Mysterious Island comic-book
• Archival documentaries and interviews
• Super 8 versions of Mysterious Island and Jason and the Argonauts
• Isolated scores: experience the music of Bernard Herrmann (Mysterious Island) and Laurie Johnson (First Men in the Moon)
• Original trailers, teasers, TV spots and promotional films
• John Landis trailer commentary for First Men in the Moon
• Image galleries: extensive promotional and on-set photography, poster art and archive materials
• Limited edition exclusive 80-page book with new essays by film experts Kim Newman and Tim Lucas, an in-depth oral history of all three films, and full film credits
• UK Blu-ray premieres of Mysterious Island and First Men in the Moon
• Limited Dual Format Edition Box Set of 6,000 numbered units
...AND MORE!

#PHIDFE051
BBFC cert: PG
REGION FREE
EAN: 5037899071267
...and it can be preordered here.

Last edited by Michael Brooke; 6th September 2017 at 07:41 AM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!