Like Tree3636Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th September 2017, 07:41 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

SUPERB AS ALWAYS!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 20th September 2017, 07:50 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Brooke View Post
The original poster for Blind Terror is on the back (and reverse spine), as befitting the fact that both versions of the film are included.
The same film though just with two different main titles?

1.Blind Terror (Original name)
2.See No Evil (USA title)
Old 20th September 2017, 07:53 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

PH releases really are,along with Premium Collection becoming the highlights of each month!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 20th September 2017, 08:31 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Default Powerhouse Films

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
The same film though just with two different main titles?

1.Blind Terror (Original name)

2.See No Evil (USA title)

That’s what we assumed at first, but in fact there turned out to be enough differences to fuel a seven-minute featurette highlighting them - including 40 seconds of material unique to Blind Terror.

The weird thing, though, is that despite the differences both films play so similarly that you could watch them back to back and swear that you’d watched the same film twice. For instance, there are no significant narrative deviations at all. Our theory is that Blind Terror is a later, slightly tighter cut, but that’s based purely on educated guesswork.
Old 21st September 2017, 01:58 PM
Cult Acolyte

Sinbad disc replacement programme launched

EDIT - no need to change if your LE number is 4001 or above.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SatEotT.jpg (94.5 KB, 28 views)
Old 11th October 2017, 02:23 PM
Cult Acolyte

final specs for Hammer Boxset: Fear Rising
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hammer1.jpg (118.9 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg Hammer2.jpg (108.3 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg Hammer3.jpg (117.4 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Hammer4.jpg (123.2 KB, 16 views)
Old 12th October 2017, 03:43 PM
Cult Acolyte

PH/I have indicated a delay in the second Hammer boxset due to them deciding to source original UK prints
Old 12th October 2017, 04:52 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
PH/I have indicated a delay in the second Hammer boxset due to them deciding to source original UK prints
The specific reason for the delay was that volume one turned out to be a much more involved process than we'd anticipated. The first two Indicator box sets, Sinbad and Harryhausen volume one, were both three-disc affairs where at least half the extras came off the shelf courtesy of Sony so those at least needed comparatively little effort at our end - and Harryhausen volume two is even more straightforward because we can't do anything to Jason and the Argonauts as per Powerhouse's arrangement with Sony.

By contrast, the first Hammer box was a four-disc effort where we had to create or commission all the extras from scratch bar the trailers, so the workload was exponentially greater. I'm really really happy with how all four discs turned out (none of them was compromised in any way, which given how tight things got towards the end is a small miracle in itself), but it was clear even before they were ready for QC that there was no way we'd be able to get volume 2 out before Christmas without cutting some serious corners, and nobody wanted that.

Talking of which, I very much hope that we will be able to include material unique to the original British releases of some of the films in volume two, just as we were able to restore the original animated title of Fanatic in volume one, but I absolutely can't make any promises at this stage. But if it doesn't happen, you can at least rest assured that we tried.
Old 12th October 2017, 06:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Anyone have an idea how long the delay is, wasn't it supposed to be mid October and then got pushed back to the 30th?
Old 12th October 2017, 06:13 PM
Seasoned Cultist

That’s volume one, which is still firmly on course for the 30th - it’s at the manufacturing stage right now.
trebor8273 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!