Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree3636Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th October 2017, 06:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Brooke View Post
That’s volume one, which is still firmly on course for the 30th - it’s at the manufacturing stage right now.
Thanks.
Old 12th October 2017, 07:17 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
just as we were able to restore the original animated title of Fanatic in volume one.
Awesome !!
Old 12th October 2017, 07:25 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

December.
Demoncrat and trebor8273 like this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 13th October 2017, 11:07 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Watching Graveyard Shift and hoping Powerhouse might special edition this one as it's a columbia title.
Old 13th October 2017, 01:21 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Looking forward to the 'special birthday celebration offer' later this month. I hope it's a sale, or a discount code. I'm praying 5 for £50 or something along those lines, to catch up on the massive amount of releases I've skipped. I fear I'm being optimistic. I'd probably break the bank before the Criterion Flash sale and Vinegar Syndrome's Black Friday sale too.

I really hope they're able to get the Hammer set to patrons of their store slightly earlier than street date. And by slightly I mean a week.
Old 13th October 2017, 01:29 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKA View Post
I really hope they're able to get the Hammer set to patrons of their store slightly earlier than street date. And by slightly I mean a week.

No chance, I’m afraid. Even after an entire week of consecutive 3am and 4am finishes we only just snuck it in under the Sony DADC deadline wire. It should be out on release date, but it’s very very unlikely to be noticeably earlier.
Old 13th October 2017, 01:31 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Powerhouse are one company who's releases I've tried to stay abreast of this year, mainly because you see continually see those £14.99 prices jump up to £19.99 after a few weeks with no beacon of a discount in sight.

Everything I want from them I either have already or I have pre-ordered (which I cannot say for any other label) and they have quickly become one of my favourite distributors.

I'm really looking forward to what they have for planned for us next year.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 14th October 2017, 06:09 PM
Cult Master

"Torture Garden is a 1967 UK horror fantasy by Freddie Francis, starring Jack Palance, Burgess Meredith and Beverly Adams

UK: Previously passed 12 uncut for moderate horror and violence for: 2017 Powerhouse Films R0 Blu-ray at UK Amazon - £14.90 released on 30th October 2017

Versions: There are no censorship issues with this release, but an extended version was released on DVD compared with the Theatrical Version released at the cinema.

The Extended Version has 7 minutes of additional material. The additional footage consists of more scenes of Dr. Diablo introducing devices of torture, a longer electric chair scene, and more footage in the Terror Over Hollywood sequence.

However publicity material for this release states that the film has been re-mastered and the running time suggests that this is based on the Theatrical Version, but this is not yet confirmed.

The film was originally X rated for 1967 cinema release. This was reduced to 15 for 1989 VHS, and to 12 for 2005 DVD.

Promotional Material

From Hammer-rival Amicus Productions comes this horror anthology penned by Robert Bloch (author of Psycho ) and directed by the great British cinematographer Freddie Francis. Genre legend Peter Cushing stars alongside Jack Palance and Burgess Meredith in an omnibus of chilling and gruesome stories, inspired by E.C. Comics' Tales from the Crypt comic-book series of the 1950s.

INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION SPECIAL FEATURES:
• High Definition remaster
• Original mono audio
• Ramsey Campbell on Robert Bloch (2017, tbc mins)
• Interview with Fiona Subotsky (2017, tbc mins)
• Interview with actor Barbara Ewing (2017, tbc mins) TBC
• Hannah Gordon on husband DoP Norman Warwick (2017, tbc mins) TBC
• Original theatrical trailer
• Image gallery: on-set and promotional photography
• New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
• Limited edition exclusive booklet with a new essay by Laura Mayne, an overview of contemporary critical responses, and historic articles on the film
• UK premiere on Blu-ray
• Limited Edition of 3,000 copies
• More TBC"

trebor8273 likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 14th October 2017, 06:14 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Default Powerhouse Films

I'm afraid those specs are now out of date. They should actually read:

• Original mono audio
• World premiere Blu-ray presentation of the original theatrical cut (93 mins)
• Alternative presentation of the extended TV cut (100 mins)
• The Guardian Interview with Freddie Francis (1995, 77 mins): the great cinematographer and director in conversation with journalist Alan Jones recorded at the National Film Theatre, London
• Production Supervisor Ted Wallis on ‘Torture Garden’ (2017, 5 mins): a brief look at the film’s production
• Ramsey Campbell on Robert Bloch (2017, 17 mins): the horror-fiction author explores the importance of the prolific Bloch
• Fiona Subotsky on Milton Subotsky (2017, 8 mins): a personal remembrance
• Kim Newman on ‘Torture Garden’ (2017, 25 mins): new appreciation by the author and genre-film expert
• Stills Gallery: on-set and promotional photography
• Lobby Cards and Posters Gallery: an extensive selection of original international promotional material
• Limited edition exclusive 36-page booklet with a new essay by Laura Mayne, an overview of Amicus Productions, and extracts from the original press kit, advertising and promotion guide
• UK premiere on Blu-ray

As you'll see, the Hannah Gordon and Barbara Ewing interviews fell through, but were more than compensated by a lively Kim Newman appreciation, making-of anecdotes from production supervisor Ted Wallis, and above all by a whopping 1995 interview with Freddie Francis that's almost as long as the main feature. And I can now confirm the option to play either the theatrical or the TV cut according to preference.

Last edited by Michael Brooke; 14th October 2017 at 06:29 PM.
Old 14th October 2017, 06:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
I'm afraid those specs are now out of date. They should actually read:

• Original mono audio
• World premiere Blu-ray presentation of the original theatrical cut (93 mins)
• Alternative presentation of the extended TV cut (100 mins)
• The Guardian Interview with Freddie Francis (1995, 77 mins): the great cinematographer and director in conversation with journalist Alan Jones recorded at the National Film Theatre, London
• Production Supervisor Ted Wallis on ‘Torture Garden’ (2017, 5 mins): a brief look at the film’s production
• Ramsey Campbell on Robert Bloch (2017, 17 mins): the horror-fiction author explores the importance of the prolific Bloch
• Fiona Subotsky on Milton Subotsky (2017, 8 mins): a personal remembrance
• Kim Newman on ‘Torture Garden’ (2017, 25 mins): new appreciation by the author and genre-film expert
• Stills Gallery: on-set and promotional photography
• Lobby Cards and Posters Gallery: an extensive selection of original international promotional material
• Limited edition exclusive 36-page booklet with a new essay by Laura Mayne, an overview of Amicus Productions, and extracts from the original press kit, advertising and promotion guide
• UK premiere on Blu-ray

As you'll see, the Hannah Gordon interview fell through, but was more than compensated by a lively Kim Newman piece and above all by a whopping 1995 interview with Freddie Francis that's almost as long as the main feature. And I can now confirm the option to play either the theatrical or the TV cut according to preference.
Thanks impressive set of extras.

The likes of 88 and 101 need to take a leaf out your book when it comes to extras.

Like this? Share it using the links below!