All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree3664Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th November 2017, 02:22 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
80. The same as the US dvd.
Cheers that is the r/time I have,So some stupid idiot gave out the wrong r/time,It is listed on imdb as 89mins as well.

Cash on Demand (1961) - IMDb
Old 30th November 2017, 02:27 PM
Cult Acolyte

Will NEVER TAKE SWEETS FROM A STRANGER actually have that UK title or the US title changed to 'CANDY' ?

EDIT: Just read the specs again and yes ! Ha Ha.
Old 30th November 2017, 03:17 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Yes, both versions. Although technically “Candy” is the more accurate title as it’s set in Canada and nobody says “sweets” onscreen.

And when restoring the UK credits, we also restored the word “bastard”, which was overdubbed with “swine” in the US version (although his lip movements clearly say “bastard”).
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 30th November 2017, 03:20 PM
Cult Acolyte

Excellent !!
Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 03:26 PM
Seasoned Cultist

The more dramatically different version is The Full Treatment, which is a full two minutes longer than Stop Me Before I Kill!, thanks to a bathroom encounter between Diane Cilento and Ronald Lewis - both clearly stark naked, for all the discreet framing and strategic positioning of towel rails.

The BBFC had been passing nudist camp "documentaries" for several years already, so was completely unfazed by this - they just advised producer/director Val Guest that pubic hair and genitals were forbidden, but everything else was fine. But the US censors of the time were famously ultra-prudish when it came to nudity, especially bare female flesh between the neck and the knees, and so they chopped virtually the entire scene out, leaving only the very first shot, which I imagine was tricky to remove as it came at the end of a dissolve.

Although Sony's high-definition master is of the censored US version, as luck would have it the BFI National Archive had a copy of the original UK version, so we scanned in the relevant footage, cleaned it up and reinstated it. We also added the original British opening and closing credits. The censored US version will also be on the disc for scholarly/nostalgic reasons (it's seamlessly branched, so will take up next to no extra space), but I can't imagine too many people preferring it - not least because now that I've seen the deleted scene the scene that immediately follows it now makes sense!
Old 30th November 2017, 05:02 PM
Cult Acolyte

Michael, I'm sure everyone is really grateful to the extra effort you put in to getting the best possible uncut elements for these movies.

I'm not sure if Indicator have the rights to The Stranglers of Bombay, but if so, can you confirm if you are able to reinstate the cuts to that title? No problem if you are not allowed to say.
Old 30th November 2017, 05:14 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Been waiting to see decent releases of these Hammer films for ages. An absolute must buy.
Old 30th November 2017, 05:30 PM
Ex-member

Can't be that many Hammer films left now that have not been released in one format or another.
Old 30th November 2017, 05:52 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

SATANIC RITES OF DRACULA needs a definitive release.
Old 30th November 2017, 06:46 PM
Cult Acolyte

THE SECRET OF BLOOD ISLAND (1964)
THE STEEL BAYONET (1957)

Two Hammer war films that need a release.

Like this? Share it using the links below!